[NKS] Freelance Soundlabs 3rd Party NKS Libraries for Komplete Kontrol / Maschine

Options

Comments

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,630 Expert
    edited November 2023
    Options

It's fine to just replace all V2 with the V3 files, the only thing is I have noted there are some presets that UVI seem to not have carried over, not sure how many because many preset names have changed also but I personally liked the banks to filter groups of presets from different releases, all that is gone.

And yeah, the loss of sub banks is just mind blowing, no idea what kind of insanity prevails on that front.... Every new release we get seems to cut more features that were useful and hard to know at the moment what is a "Design decision" or just a "feature we haven't implemented yet because data metrics says it's not popular..." type of thing. As usual it's an endless waiting game for improvements.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,913 mod
    Options

@JesterMgee come on man, try to avoid those kinds of words that can offend people.

• JesterMgee
    edited November 2023
    Options

Yeah sorry, forget people are offended easily these days by words they see on the internet that have nothing to do with them!

Tho, I will say this forum is "over moderated" in that sense. People need to learn the multiple meanings of things because I was referring to this meaning of the word which 100% applies to my statement! You can google the word, it's been used for centuries before it was considered offensive

Just goes to show, even when someone is correct in their facts and statements, someone somewhere wiill still dig to find an issue with something someone says, even when the statement is a broad one and not even directed at a single person (which would have been deemed offensive, yes), it "may" offend someone..

I should be offended someone reads things I say in the wrong context TBH but that is how things are these days, we have to protect everyone from their feelings.

• James Steele
    James Steele Member Posts: 43 Member
    Options

Is it just me or does anyone else remember when they taught us as little kids in school the saying "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me?" Looks like we've really come full circle today.

• JesterMgee
    Options

Komplete Kontrol MK3 Artwork Updates

For users who own the MK3 keyboard there is an additional artwork file needed for the keyboard display. These images are now being created for libraries that have been updated to VST3 and the zip files are all being slowly updated.

To save you having to download the whole library just for a single artwork file I have created a GDrive repository where you can download the required artwork files and add them manually when available from HERE

To add the new artwork simply copy the "NKS2_hardware_banner.webp" file for the instrument you want to update to the following location:

Windows: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\NI Resources\image\[Vendor]\[plugin]

MAC: /Users/Shared/NI Resources/image/[Vendor]\[plugin]

The images are all in the correct folder locations on the GDrive link above so you can simply download the whole folder and merge this with the existing image folder on your PC or copy just the files you need and locate the folders manually in the above locations.

The work is slow and not being an owner of an MK3, not something that affects me so adding to these when I have time and CBF to do so. If you are in a desperate need to have eye candy on your screen, feel free to dig in and simply create the files yourself, only need basic paintbrush skills, just don't ask "when will image be update for plug / can do this plug next plz?"

• B.Minor
    B.Minor Member Posts: 178 Advisor
    edited December 2023
    Options

@JesterMgee :

Just a short question, as I had to get me Arturia's "Analog Lab Pro" upgrade (from the free "Play" version) recently 😉:

According to Arturia's infos, "Analog Lab Pro" is just a new name for "Analog Lab V". Is that correct?

When obtaining your related "Analog Lab V" NKS library, would I receive the proper preset/preview set for "Analog Lab Pro", or is there still a difference between "Lab V", "Lab Play" and "Lab Pro"?

THX in advance for your clarification!

• JesterMgee
    Options

I would assume it would be the same thing and it's just a change in name, I have not personally looked into it but would assume it's just a simple case of changing the name. If the downloadable demos work (which I always suggest trying the demo NKS files first), so will the library. Usually plugins are almost always backwards compatible (unless they go from VST2 to VST3) since the way NKS stores the preset info is the same as how a DAW would store it so if it didn't work, people would lose instruments in their productions so that is usually the first rule with plugins luckily.

I will have to get around to checking it out but I have a growing list of things that need attention since i've not been doing too much on NKS in the past month and that looks similar for the next month at this stage.

• B.Minor
    Options

Thanks, I will start checking out your demo NKS first. At least it already sounds promising to me.

• B.Minor
    Options

I have successfully tested your demo. It works flawlessly. Just ordered the full version. Thanks!

• JesterMgee
    Options

Nice to hear, cheers.

• Onj
    Onj Member Posts: 49 Member
    Options

Hi. Having purchased something from Jason recently, I replied to the purchase email with a query but didn't get a response. I think those emails go to 'Admin' and the email didn't bounce.

Is Jason alright/alive?

I know the time of year is bound to make responses slow which is fine, but I have no other way of getting in touch, so thought I'd try here.

Nothing urgent.

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 417 Guru
    Options

Replied to another thread yesterday, so I hope/think so.

• JesterMgee
    Options

Both alive and alright and have replied I believe to all emails recently, but I do get a lot sometimes so just resend the email again and I will be happy to assist.