[NKS] Freelance Soundlabs 3rd Party NKS Libraries for Komplete Kontrol / Maschine

Options

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,864 mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

It could very well be a VST3 thing, Steinberg landed everyone basically with a flawed format after abandoning and actively sabotaging further VST2 development. Maybe CLAP is the future if enough take it up? For one thing I think it is the only format explicitly made with MIDI 2 in mind.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,642 Expert
    Options

Likely however you will find the Addictive Drums works on its own in VST3, just not within KK. I have not tested the VST3 side of things in depth as I assumed and hoped it was all the same as VST2 and I just have little time to even open Ableton these days to test but given how many issues KK has and how many bugs are still there even carried over from v2, my money would be it's another issue NI have to address so users need to do their tests, fid if it is the plugin and report it. I'm dialling way back on doing any of that these days, kind of had enough tbh.

• JesterMgee
    Options

UPDATE: GForce OBX

An update is now available to fix missing presets in the library.

Users who have this already can download this update from your user area Here

Just replace the preset files for this library or copy and overwrite them. No need to update the image/database files

• Neale Hanvey
    Neale Hanvey Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options
  • JesterMgee
    edited November 2023
    Options

Yeah can't expect them to be that responsive with all the B.S they would have in their chain of command, even tho I am sure they have a squad of programmers and more qualified people than me, they still need to spend that 2 years to fix a single feature....

• JesterMgee
    Options

Notice: UVI Falcon Factory library Requirement (for Falcon v3)

Work is underway for the updated Falcon v3 content, no idea when it will be available as yet but hopefully within a few weeks, it's rather a challenge to do as every preset has a different set of macros and sometimes UVI make things rather difficult with how they do their host automation mapping....

While we are on the subject of making things difficult, another thing UVI tend to do is change the library name when they do updates which ends up breaking everything before it in projects. I have become aware of this same problem affecting the new Falcon update which will affect people installing it from scratch, not those who have updated from V2 likely since the original factory library will still be in your library folder.

The issue is the original Falcon library for v1 and v2 was simply called "Falcon Factory.ufs" while the latest version is now "Falcon Factory rev2.ufs" and if you are missing that original factory library file you will receive the following error:

If you receive the "File Not Found" error in Falcon when trying to load a Falcon Factory NKS file, you will need to download the original Falcon library and add this to your falcon library folder. The library file is not an option in the UVI portal but can be downloaded from your account download area on the UVI website.

Head to the "Manage My Products" section under your account menu then click the following link to get the manual downloads from your account.

Download this falcon library file and simply place it in the library path that Falcon scans for libraries:

That's it.

It won't actually appear in your Falcon browser or show duplicates as the browser is smart enough to detect the newer library and simply display that however it does allow past projects and files to load correctly which is why they have it available so this will fix that problem if you run into it.

• JesterMgee
    Options

Banks Not Appearing for Libraries in new V3 Software: Read This?

Getting a lot of people contacting me after making the mistake to install v3 of Komplete Kontrol only to find among other problems, the many banks that have been generated over the years for plugin libraries are no longer showing making it impossible to select an expansion in a plugin.

This is either a bug or a very poor decision from NI with the banks where they just don't show anymore in V3, or are only showing the main bank and not the sub bank. I am unsure as I do not (and currently will not) have the v3 software installed.

The only solution I have since this is a V3 specific issue is to report this issue to NI and revert back to v2 and to hold off updating for maybe a good 6 months. There is nothing I can do to address this problem, it is not an issue I created and it is a rather crippling problem in the browser. For those with an MK3 keyboard I feel for you but hopefully this is not some kind of decision to remove these and is just another bug to be addressed.

• James Steele
    James Steele Member Posts: 46 Member
    Options

Biggest thing that bothers me, and one of the reasons I downgraded to v2 of KK, is the inability to edit tags in v3. That's just insane that would not be in there. Ugh...

• B.Minor
    B.Minor Member Posts: 178 Advisor
    Options

@JesterMgee: OK, I think I finally got now what you were talking about.

After firing up KK V3.0.2 (stand-alone), I was just browsing through my customized libraries (also through the Freelance Soundlabs ones 😉) and I could access all subbanks via my MK2 keyboard without problems. At least I couldn’t find any library where subbanks or their presets were missing or not selectable using KK v3 in conjunction with the MK2 display and knobs (provided the library supports those subbanks by design).

The issue you described above is only related to the KK 3.0.2 GUI itself which doesn’t actually display (and allow to select) any subbank presets from there, correct?

If so, I’d think this can just be a current KK V3.x bug (and hopefully not a feature). If the general drop of subbanks would be intentionally planned by NI, I guess the ability to display and access those subbank presets via the MK2 keyboard would also have disappeared already.

Or what’s your view about the current situation? Do you think subbanks might be generally dropped in the future by NI just because the MK3 was initially not designed to use them at all?

• Kymeia
    Options

I've flagged it as a bug but I'm inclined to think this may be a feature NI are considering deprecating but have not removed yet. It is there in the 2.9 edit menu, and KK2.9 and Series II keyboards. It is missing in KK3 apart from for Reaktor banks/sub banks (which are created differently) but as it's also missing on the Series III makes me think they had decided not to allocate it space there, which could be a problem for all of us.

• JesterMgee
    Options

Yeah when using the software, which is what many use to browse and the hope is this is a terrible bug because I cannot understand why they would do away with such a useful feature, if that is the case. Based on the fact I am being asked constantly about this problem, enough to make a post about it, others feel the same way too.

Yeah no idea but it's another of many disappointments we have to now sit and wait and hope it comes back again. If it doesn't, I will likely never update to V3 no matter what it claims to offer.

• JesterMgee
    edited November 2023
    Options

Now Available: UVI Falcon V3 NKS Library

Falcon V3 overhauls their factory library into a new library file which requires a whole new NKS library to be created and so finally I have this whole library converted and available.

The new V3 library has most of the presets from the previous versions but I have noted that UVI have dropped a number of presets, renamed quite a few and now none of the previous version update info is available which I used to generate banks to sort through updated files. This isn't really an issue, but some like the ability to filter by each update using these banks:

There are now no banks available but if you have the previous V2 NKS library you can simply keep that and add the new one however you will end up with a lot of duplicates as there is no way to filter for the newer presets in V3 from V2 (sadly). Instructions are in the PDF if this is your jam.

This library has custom per-preset macro mapping which also has all controls custom labelled to allow quick and easy control and for blind users, the ability for the voice assist to easily identify what every control is. You will note each preset should mirror the same controls of the preset loaded but I passed the control labels through a cleanup function to make the labels nicer.

All presets have been fully tagged (again) along with previews and additional artwork is now included for the MK3 keyboards so if you have updated to an MK3 keyboard, install and merge the new artwork files.

It should be noted this is a completely new library that had to be done from scratch as it requires a new UVI library for it with v3 so a lot of work was needed to redo it all and of course, the 1500 files all needed to be tagged again from scratch and because there are a lot of very clunky processes and manual work to make the files, so if you happen to find any issues just (politely) contact me detailing the preset name and the issue you have found and I will issue updates where needed but I have literally clicked through every file to tag them so most should be fine.

• B.Minor
    B.Minor Member Posts: 178 Advisor
    Options

Thanks, mate! Just upgraded to Falcon V3 NKS Library.

It's always good to know that there are people around here who care about the real needs of NKS users! 🏆️

Keep up your great work, regardless in which directions NKS2 would like to (mis)lead us. I guess there will be a big community preferring to stick to the diverse variety of KKV2 and its great NKS customization options. As long as KKV3 can't offer the same possibilities, I won't "update" it.

• James Steele
    James Steele Member Posts: 46 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

It won't let me buy the V3 Falcon Library. Every other page shows me logged in, but I go to the page with the Falcon Library and it changes to "Log In" and if I try to purchase it I get a pop up saying I need to register.

UPDATE: Looks like it was an issue with the Brave browser. Safari was able to do it.

• Kymeia
    edited November 2023
    Options

Thanks, tbh I'm wondering if I should just replace the version 2 library with the version 3 one anyway, I'd rather have the new versions as they have better custom GUIs and although it means losing a few I haven't found any that I miss, better than having lots of dupes

btw people can still filter by sub bank in the keyboard if that have a keyboard Mk1 or 2, but not Mk 3, and jot in KK3 of course unless by some miracle they add it back