[NKS] Freelance Soundlabs 3rd Party NKS Libraries for Komplete Kontrol / Maschine

Options

Comments

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,630 Expert
    Options

If you hover over the purchase button it should show you the costs, if you are visually impaired the sites not the best so just email me from the contact forM on the site for further info

• natemercury
    natemercury Member Posts: 22 Member
    edited January 18
    Options

Hey,

just purchased the NKS files. It works amazing. Although, I’m curious if anyone else had an issue with KK glitching to other instances of KK/Default MIDI mode? Noticed this started occurring after installing Omni NKS, but not too sure if it’s the culprit.

• JesterMgee
    Options

"Installing" any NKS library cannot cause any kind of other issue, they are just preset text files and don't actually change the application in any way so whatever the issue is, it is not going to be related to the addition of any NKS library.

• JesterMgee
    Options

Now Available: Korg Modwave / Opsix / Wavestate NKS Libraries

NKS Libraries for Korg Opsix, Modwave and Wavestate. All poresets available for browsing, fully tagged with detailed controller maps, previews and artwork files (including MK3 artwork)

• JesterMgee
    edited January 23
    Options

Update Available: Arturia Analog Lab V NKS Library

Update available for this NKS library which fixes over 1000 sound previews that were silent or corrupt.

Download this update from your user download area here:

https://freelancesoundlabs.com/index.php/component/k2/item/334

After download simply replace the existing NKS library folder with the updated one. For MK3 keyboard owners, artwork is also included so copy/merge the image folder with the existing image folder (refer to PDF for instructions)

Note: This update applies only to the VST3 library version. A new updated library is in the works for the latest Analog Lab Pro update which works with the current AL5 library, but will need some significant time to create the newer files and update the library so this update will suffice until I can find the time to update the rest of the library.

• JesterMgee
    Options

Now Available: Cherry Audio Pro Soloist / Synth Stack 4

The latest Synth Stack 4 bundle includes NKS libraries for all 22 of the Cherry Audio plugins (excluding Voltage Modular) with all presets in all instruments tagged and browsable from both Komplete Kontrol and Maschine with in-depth controller mappings.

• JesterMgee
    edited February 2
    Options

Now Available: UVI 8-Bit Synth, Glass Orchestra, HX-20, IRCAM Prepared Piano 2

https://freelancesoundlabs.com/nks/preparedpiano2

I had started work on a number of UVI libraries last year but placed this work on hold due to some of the libraries receiving NKS from UVI however I have had quite a few users asking me to improve the NKS mappings, increasing the number of mapped parameters as I have always done and also to make them work in Falcon.

An issue with UVI is it is not a simple case of just "adding more controls" to a template as each control has to be "mapped" for host automation before the NKS files is saved so this essentially required me starting these all from scratch, not something I enjoy doing, so further UVI libraries will very much depend on how popular these ones are.

All libraries are Falcon/Workstation compatible and also migratable between VST2 and VST3. All tested between Mac/PC without any issues and in regards to the Glass Orchestra library, I discovered an issue where many presets would not save the host automation mapping resulting in all NKS controls becoming non-functional for a number of presets. I have addressed this problem manually but it's something I find with many of their libraries, and a reason UVI libraries are a bit of a pain to make.

8-Bit Synth I covered some time ago as part of the Toy Suite but I have carried the mapping over into the standalone version now too.

I will be working on covering a few others this month so if there is a library from UVI that you want to see completed this month let me know

• paulyminogue
    paulyminogue Member Posts: 70 Member
    Options

Hey, thank you for this!

If you have the time for this, I would love to have:

UVI Mission 6

UVI Kawai Vintage Legacy

PX Guitar Syn

Quadra - Traveler

and the 2 Latest Falcon Expansions:

Organic Pads

Modular Noise

Greetings

• JesterMgee
    Options

Will add these to the list to look into.

Falcon Expansions will be next, tho I dislike these for making NKS because UVI like to try be "fancy" and make every preset with a different set of controls, in different positions on the GUI just to make it confusing to use and of course, make it close to impossible to automate anything. Usually these have to be done completely by hand which isn't fun.

• JesterMgee
    Options

Now Available: UVI Falcon Expansion NKS Libraries for Modular Noise, Organic Arps, Organic Pads

https://freelancesoundlabs.com/nks/falcon

Added support for these UVI Falcon Expansions for those hanging for them. All expansions have the mapped custom macros which requires (as usual) that many are manually created due to Falcon losing host automation mapping between some presets sue to how the underlying macro system works. These libraries take care of all that and simply present each preset with the custom controls as you would expect, all files tagged with sound previews.

• JesterMgee
    Options

Now Available: UVI IRCAM Solo Instruments 2, Retro Organ Suite, PX Guitar Syn, Noctua

https://freelancesoundlabs.com/nks/ircamsolo

https://freelancesoundlabs.com/nks/retroorgans

https://freelancesoundlabs.com/nks/pxguitar

https://freelancesoundlabs.com/nks/noctua

Next round of NKS libraries for UVI instruments.

All libraries offer browsing presets and loading in either Falcon/Workstation (both VST2 and VST3) and have full controller maps, detailed tagging, banks, sound previews and artwork including MK3 display artwork.

• Phileosophos
    Phileosophos Member Posts: 18 Member
    Options

I accidentally let Native Access update my Komplete Kontrol software last night (to 3.1.2), and now all my great Freelance Soundlabs user presets are missing again. I thought for sure this issue would be sorted by now. Since it seems like Jason's business still exists and thrives, I thought I'd ask: is there a way to get the latest KK software to use his stuff yet? I didn't find any closure to that part of the discussion in this admittedly lengthy and variably focused thread. Thanks in advance for any advice. I'd hate to drop back to the KK 2.x software again, but I'll do it if that's the only way to keep using his great user presets.

• Onj
    Onj Member Posts: 49 Member
    Options

Not sure I understand this one at all.

I'm happily using Jason's presets for many libraries under the user side of the browser without fail, and using Komplete Kontrol 3X builds with zero fuss.

Did you do the factory hack which is not at all guaranteed to work, and that's why your presets aren't working?

If not, I simply don't get it at all.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,813 mod
    edited February 19
    Options

Yeah there’s no way the update would delete user NKS unless they were in a factory location.

It may require a rescan of plugins and NKS though as KK3 has a separate database to KK2 (which is a good thing) so that could give the impression they are gone but they should still be there otherwise

• JesterMgee
    Options

Make sure you are looking in the USER library of KK. I know there are people out there using libraries fine, however KK still has issues (may) and it is difficult to know if an issue is another bug (like STILL sub banks are missing from the browser) or if it is a user related issue.

Honestly, there is no shame sticking with 2.9, many of us are at the moment, it still functions far better both usability and performance wise so nothing in V3 currently is enticing enough to really make the switch IMO.