Kontakt 7 Factory Library "the instrument belongs to a library that not installed" error message

Options

Answers

• Samf
    Samf Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Hi there. I’ve just purchased Komplete 14 standard from having Komplete start. I have had no issues with installing nearly all of the instruments etc and have been really pleased with everything so far . I saved the kontact 7 library until last as it’s the biggest. . It’s installed but I’m having same issues that instrument belongs to a library that’s not installed !! I only know basic computer skills so I’m a little worried what to do. Do I need to uninstall the kontact 6 . Also if I install native ins. 1 and download the library 2 , can I then install native 2 once all done.

I'm using iMac. Many thanks 🙏🏼

• Samf
    Samf Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

I’ve also managed to download Kontact Library 2 using Rich @ NI method. Is it ok if I download Native access 2 again ?

• Syncopator
    Syncopator Member Posts: 21 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

[Comment removed.]

• DJ the DJ
    DJ the DJ Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Just one more Kontakt 7 victim weighing in here, suffering through similar installation issues pertaining to Factory Library 2. Despite some knowledgable advice from both NI moderators and customers alike, none of these well-meaning suggestions have brought about success for me personally. I've now tried about every trick in the book, but the same dreaded "this instrument belongs to a library that is currently not installed", keeps rearing its ugly head. For now, I'll just give it a rest and play the waiting game until a permanent fix materializes. Am sure hoping that's not months away, especially considering how much $$ some of us have shelled out for a dependable piece of software. If anyone else has come up with a viable workaround not already listed, I'm all ears... or eyes in this case.

• Syncopator
    Options

None of the fixes is working for me, either—with the exception that I haven't even been able to download the .iso file; it has timed out 5 times in a row (despite robust WiFi).

• Sweet Peatles
    Sweet Peatles Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Has any progress been made on this? I've tried the workarounds suggested above, but nothing has worked. I've opened a support ticket, but have not heard back. Help please....

• Studio Bonn
    Studio Bonn Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Same problem here, none of the fixes does solve the problem! The .iso is not accessible right now, too many hits... a shame for that money.

But thank you NI, now I know (not for the first time) why I purchase my software at the big players like VSL, Spitfire or EastWest to get software that works...

I'm not a beta-tester and have tried this ****** version for hours... and just a few persons are in question?

Well - for sure - the last time for me with NI...

• Syncopator
    edited January 2023
    Options

Can you please upload the .iso file to WeTransfer or another service? I've tried downloading this eight times, but Google Drive times out every time. (Note: I have robust WiFi and have never had problems downloading huge files other than this one.)

Edit: 9th attempt just failed.

• Syncopator
    Options

Now Google Drive is over quota. 🤦🏾‍♂️

• gvetsch
    gvetsch Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

recently purchased K 7 and getting message about FL 2 . "this instrument belongs to library not installed currently"

Need a fix or a refund

• gvetsch
    gvetsch Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited January 2023
    Options

I also get Kontakt (not responding) when i double click a preset in FL 2.

I also had that not responding when i tried using Kontakt 7 Player

• Syncopator
    edited January 2023
    Options

UPDATE: I finally managed to download and reinstall Kontakt Factory Library 2 via Native Access v1. Once it had downloaded 100%, I quickly duplicated the 39GB installer in the Finder, since Native Access always deletes the installer—*even if the installation fails* (a poor software-design implementation, given the amount of time it takes to download such large files).

Unfortunately, although I'd rigorously followed all steps to uninstall Native Access 2 and its related files, the installation via Native Access 1 did not solve the problem. Although NA1 says KFL2 was successfully installed, Kontakt 7 continues to show the "library…not installed currently" error.

But I now have a copy of the .iso installer which I can run manually, so that should fix it, right?

Wrong.

Running the .iso installer (which presumably is the same, updated one posted here by Jeremy_NI) again appears to work—it says Kontakt Factory Library 2 was successfully installed—but the newly installed Factory Library 2 still does NOT launch in Kontakt 7. Same error message.

What a fiasco.

• electroBRAT
    electroBRAT Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Same issue here- followed every last suggestion all over the internet. Deleting .plist files, Native Access folders, downgrading to NA1...EVERYTHING. 11 Downloads thus far and ZIP. Put in support ticket to Native 2 days ago- and NADA. Every other library works fine (as well as the lighter versions of FL2).

• yz.h
    yz.h Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I got the same issue. Please help! I have also tried all the methods over the internet, and none of them worked out for me. I am using a Mac, and the system is Ventura. All other library works for me but the Kontakt Factory Library.

• Ak1Music
    Ak1Music Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Same issue, Windows 11, I tried every fix proposed here, still unsuccessful after several hours. Waiting for a solution please help !

This discussion has been closed.