Kontakt 7 Factory Library "the instrument belongs to a library that not installed" error message

Options

Answers

• Studio Bonn
    Studio Bonn Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Now it works...got the .iso-download in 6 minutes and do the rest like described on page 1 (incl. how to mount an .iso on Windows, etc... ) by Jeremy_NI.

But nevertheless I quit with NI. Komplete 14 will be my last. There is nothing more to expect in future collections, only a few new sounds in new clothes, most of them obsolete...

Maybe some single products, like the Guitars, but thats all...

• StianDH
    StianDH Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Hi. I'm having the same problem. But none of these solutions worked. I cannot use Factory Library 2, I always get "This instrument belongs to a library that is not installed.."

• StianDH
    Options

I have tried downloading the iso a couple of times, but get "Failed - Network error" every time. Now awaiting reply from NI Support.

• StianDH
    Options

Got a link from NI support for a copy of the iso, but got the same problem there: Failed - Network error. Now I really don't know what to do. How about an update for the Factory Library 2?

• Syncopator
    Syncopator Member Posts: 21 Member
    Options

I've literally tried 10 or 11 times. Tried Safari, tried Firefox. The download fails every time.

• Dean D
    Dean D Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

I also have the same problem - "... library not installed currently" with Factory Library 2. I am still attempting to download the iso - it failed first time after an hour or so. I have put in a support call to NI. I tried to downgrade Native Access but that failed as well so I am stuck trying to install using NA v3.1.0 and/or the iso if it ever downloads.

Can anyone provide a copy of the iso via some route other than google drive which doesn't seem to have the capacity to deliver such a big file.

Please, NI, get this fixed.

• Syncopator
    Syncopator Member Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Same here: Google drive failed after an hour or so, each of the 10 or 11 times I tried to download the .iso file. I asked for an alternate download method, here in this thread, earlier this week. No response from anyone at NI.

• skingswell
    skingswell Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

NI Team please make this ISO download available in a location that doesn't have some quota limitations on downloads for your customers. There is nothing more FRUSTRATING than having a workaround that doesn't work!!!

• Gz14091985
    Gz14091985 Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Good to see that I am not the only one with this Issues...At first I thought I did something wrong. KFL 2, FM8 and Massive X won't load, even if Native Access says that they are all correctly installed.

Did the Downgrade from NA 2 to NA 1 and reinstalled KFL 2 but nothing helped.

Hope that someone can Help here.

• Gz14091985
    Gz14091985 Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

First of all Thanks for your support.

After I open Kontakt 7 Standalone as Admin and than What? I've followed all you said step by step, but still not working...

• JimSifu
    JimSifu Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

None of technics works for me, sadly.

But i investigate and tested one that just work for me (for windows) :

1.Uninstall Kontakt factory library 2 and clean registry with the tool on page 1 (Fixing Software Update Installation Issues (Windows))

2.Grab KFL2.iso on page 1, take an external drive (usb key or hard drive), make a folder on this drive and install .iso to it like ( "your drive letter":\NI\ ).

3.Launch Kontakt 7 to see if it works. if not launch Native Access to locate the library and register the licence.

4.Now copy your entire folder from external drive ( Kontakt Factory Library 2 Library ) to your drive of your choice, by defaut : C:\Users\Public\Documents

5.Click on Start button or push "Windows key+R" and type on your keyboard : regedit.exe, navigate to Ordinateur\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Kontakt Factory Library 2,

On the line : ContentDir, double-click the line to edit, remove the path and past the new past from Step 4 : C:\Users\Public\Documents\Kontakt Factory Library 2 Library, enter to validate.

6.Close Regedit

7.Launch Kontakt 7 and voilà! 🙂

• uche_eke
    uche_eke Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Same issue here. Every other library I have works fine, only Kontakt Factory Library 2 presents this issue

I've tried both the suggested downgrade of Native Access workaround, and the registry editor / file deletion procedure yet neither appears to have any effect

• Shivam
    Shivam Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

So I need to be a computer tech to make music..Is NI amateurs? where is the fix?

• Shivam
    Shivam Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

I have tried all the possible fixes but the same issue; spend around two days.. Very Frustrating. Support from NI is disabled..why?

Anyone has a good fix..Please

This discussion has been closed.