Kontakt 7 Factory Library "the instrument belongs to a library that not installed" error message

Answers

• Samf
    Samf Member Posts: 6 Member

Hi there. I’ve just purchased Komplete 14 standard from having Komplete start. I have had no issues with installing nearly all of the instruments etc and have been really pleased with everything so far . I saved the kontact 7 library until last as it’s the biggest. . It’s installed but I’m having same issues that instrument belongs to a library that’s not installed !! I only know basic computer skills so I’m a little worried what to do. Do I need to uninstall the kontact 6 . Also if I install native ins. 1 and download the library 2 , can I then install native 2 once all done.

I'm using iMac. Many thanks 🙏🏼

• Samf
    Samf Member Posts: 6 Member

I’ve also managed to download Kontact Library 2 using Rich @ NI method. Is it ok if I download Native access 2 again ?

• Syncopator
    Syncopator Member Posts: 21 Member
    edited January 2023

[Comment removed.]

• DJ the DJ
    DJ the DJ Member Posts: 2 Member

Just one more Kontakt 7 victim weighing in here, suffering through similar installation issues pertaining to Factory Library 2. Despite some knowledgable advice from both NI moderators and customers alike, none of these well-meaning suggestions have brought about success for me personally. I've now tried about every trick in the book, but the same dreaded "this instrument belongs to a library that is currently not installed", keeps rearing its ugly head. For now, I'll just give it a rest and play the waiting game until a permanent fix materializes. Am sure hoping that's not months away, especially considering how much $$ some of us have shelled out for a dependable piece of software. If anyone else has come up with a viable workaround not already listed, I'm all ears... or eyes in this case.

• Syncopator

None of the fixes is working for me, either—with the exception that I haven't even been able to download the .iso file; it has timed out 5 times in a row (despite robust WiFi).

• Sweet Peatles
    Sweet Peatles Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Has any progress been made on this? I've tried the workarounds suggested above, but nothing has worked. I've opened a support ticket, but have not heard back. Help please....

• Studio Bonn
    Studio Bonn Member Posts: 2 Member

Same problem here, none of the fixes does solve the problem! The .iso is not accessible right now, too many hits... a shame for that money.

But thank you NI, now I know (not for the first time) why I purchase my software at the big players like VSL, Spitfire or EastWest to get software that works...

I'm not a beta-tester and have tried this ****** version for hours... and just a few persons are in question?

Well - for sure - the last time for me with NI...

• Syncopator
    edited January 2023

Can you please upload the .iso file to WeTransfer or another service? I've tried downloading this eight times, but Google Drive times out every time. (Note: I have robust WiFi and have never had problems downloading huge files other than this one.)

Edit: 9th attempt just failed.

• Syncopator

Now Google Drive is over quota. 🤦🏾‍♂️

• gvetsch
    gvetsch Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

recently purchased K 7 and getting message about FL 2 . "this instrument belongs to library not installed currently"

Need a fix or a refund

• gvetsch
    gvetsch Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited January 2023

I also get Kontakt (not responding) when i double click a preset in FL 2.

I also had that not responding when i tried using Kontakt 7 Player

• Syncopator
    edited January 2023

UPDATE: I finally managed to download and reinstall Kontakt Factory Library 2 via Native Access v1. Once it had downloaded 100%, I quickly duplicated the 39GB installer in the Finder, since Native Access always deletes the installer—*even if the installation fails* (a poor software-design implementation, given the amount of time it takes to download such large files).

Unfortunately, although I'd rigorously followed all steps to uninstall Native Access 2 and its related files, the installation via Native Access 1 did not solve the problem. Although NA1 says KFL2 was successfully installed, Kontakt 7 continues to show the "library…not installed currently" error.

But I now have a copy of the .iso installer which I can run manually, so that should fix it, right?

Wrong.

Running the .iso installer (which presumably is the same, updated one posted here by Jeremy_NI) again appears to work—it says Kontakt Factory Library 2 was successfully installed—but the newly installed Factory Library 2 still does NOT launch in Kontakt 7. Same error message.

What a fiasco.

• electroBRAT
    electroBRAT Member Posts: 1 Member

Same issue here- followed every last suggestion all over the internet. Deleting .plist files, Native Access folders, downgrading to NA1...EVERYTHING. 11 Downloads thus far and ZIP. Put in support ticket to Native 2 days ago- and NADA. Every other library works fine (as well as the lighter versions of FL2).

• yz.h
    yz.h Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I got the same issue. Please help! I have also tried all the methods over the internet, and none of them worked out for me. I am using a Mac, and the system is Ventura. All other library works for me but the Kontakt Factory Library.

• Ak1Music
    Ak1Music Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Same issue, Windows 11, I tried every fix proposed here, still unsuccessful after several hours. Waiting for a solution please help !

This discussion has been closed.