[Giveaway] Share your best tips and win Komplete 15

Comments

• Spencer Grant
    Spencer Grant Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I love using the session guitarist sample libraries in my songs because it provides really easy and quick ways to get amazing sounding guitars that sound just like the real thing.

However this is only if you know how to properly use them.

When drawing out midi when using the melody part of the sample library, think about how it would be actually played on a real guitar, especially when doing chords. Think, which chords would be strummed in a downward motion vs upwards and apply it by making very small changes in the timing of specific notes in the chords as seen in the picture below. And always make sure to edit the velocity of each note to how you hard you think you or anyone else would play on a real guitar. Not just cvertain sections or clips. EVERY NOTE

I hope this helps you use the most realistic sounding guitar sample library on the market to it's full potential.

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/35705/tips-to-make-the-session-guitarists-sound-the-best-they-can-be/p1?new=1

• serenato
    serenato Member Posts: 6 Member

Komplete 14 ultimate has been my go-to toolkit for crafting unique and professional sounds in my productions. One of my favorite techniques is layering instruments in Massive X and Kontakt to create rich, textured soundscapes. By blending different wavetables in Massive X and using Kontakt libraries to add organic elements, I’ve been able to achieve a sound that feels both modern and timeless.

Additionally, combining Guitar Rig 7 and Replika XT in my effects chain gives me full control over the atmosphere and depth of my mix.Whether it’s adding subtle delays or tweaking modulation, Komplete 14 lets me push creative boundaries.

• Eddie Vaan
    Eddie Vaan Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I use Komplete sounds in many ways. I use those with the Ableton Live when I create EDM and also with the Traktor DJ. Here is an image about the YouTube video I made about Tractor/Machine sync with my modular Traktor backpack DJ gear. I couldn’t embed a link for some reason even I have been a registered user from the beginning of the year.

• asota.music
    asota.music Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

one of the most best Studio sound for analog studio sounds

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,705 mod

I think this is the best tip/guide i have shared so far:

How to create an NKS compatible Reaktor ensemble (or how to convert an existed one). :-)

• pbthrash
    pbthrash Member Posts: 54 Member

How to combine Freak and FM8 FX. Sometimes it needs time to create something interesting but is fun.

• dogbreath11
    dogbreath11 Member Posts: 70 Member
    edited September 10

tip1. load a sample into kontakt using one of the time machine modes. create loop points with a sustaining loop. now add an lfo to the speed of the sample to create lots of movement. to go one step further, add a second lfo to the rate of the first lfo. this method is great for creating moving basslines or evolving textures

tip2. load a vocal sample into kontakt and select tone machne mode. play a chord and you have instant vocoder!!!

• Dreamliner
    Dreamliner Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hello, my tip is more for NI - please hire some experienced UI person, that would make Kontakt more user friendly.

There are lot of annoyances in Kontakt, that are usually already known for many years, that would be easy to improve and make things easier, but people got already used to them and have some workarounds, and developers don't care much to do anything with it, or at least don't see it as a priority. It would be good to do there some cleanup, fix the most common anoyances, simplify some workflows, etc.

One of the most annoying thing for me is a preset browsing - instead of one good solution, there are multiple that do only a part of it and miss the other:

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/35714/presets-browsing

• BetweenOldandOctober
    BetweenOldandOctober Member Posts: 3 Member

This tip helped me stay with my Native Instruments Komplete libraries and not give up/jump ship (even when it got close). https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/35724/installation-solution/p1

• mikezee
    mikezee Member Posts: 5 Member

tips

in arranger view after setting up your scenes and patterns i mark Everything in the arrangement and Convert to clips

Then you freely can change , move , add effects without affecting other elements in the arrangement..

• Sticky117
    Sticky117 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I’m a long time Kontakt user and here’s a really simple thing I do to create an off the wall bassline when creatives juices are drying up.

I load one of the (excellent) midi files available in one of the drum modules - just drop it into your sequencer and then play the midi file back using a bass sound. Now start to strip the notes back - you may elect to just keep kick or kick and snare with the odd extra beat here and there - random can be good. When you have a monophonic line, then just apply a scale to the sequence - a simple pentatonic scale can yield some great, unexpected results. Then tweak pitches, velocity and note length - you can end up with a heap of rubbish - or a killer bass line which locks solid with your chosen drum midi. The drum files in Kontakt are often overlooked - many are superb!

anyhoo - that’s my tip, give it a try if you need some starters!

John G

• vinnie2k
    vinnie2k Member Posts: 17 Member
    edited September 10
  • STAY LOW
    STAY LOW Member Posts: 8 Member