[Giveaway] Share your best tips and win Komplete 15

Kaiwan_NI
Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,774 admin

Do you have some killer tips and tricks for using Native Instruments products? Now's your chance to show them off and win a free license of Komplete 15.

Komplete 15 is almost here

Get ready, because Komplete 15 is almost here. From Kontakt 8 to iZotope Ozone 11, Session Percussionist to Alicia's Electric Keys, this bundle packs in all the exciting new releases from the past two years. It really is your ultimate toolkit for music production, covering every step from start to finish.

Check out all the instruments, effects, and sounds we've got in store:

Enter our raffle

Exclusively for our community members, we're giving away free copies of Komplete 15. All you need to do is share your tips and tricks for any Native Instruments product. Whether it's a tutorial on using our instruments for a specific genre, a setup technique with your gear or software, or a creative hack for composing, arranging, or songwriting, we want to see it.

If you're not already a member of our community, make sure to register to join in.

How to Enter

1. Click the "New Post" button on the right side of this page, select "Discussion", and share your tips and tricks in the post.
  2. Tag your post with "Tips". This helps us find your entry.
  3. Comment under this thread and include a link to your post so we can check it out.

Prizes

• Komplete 15 Collector's Edition
  • Komplete 15 Ultimate
  • Komplete 15 Standard
  • Komplete 15 Select Beat
  • Komplete 15 Select Band
  • Komplete 15 Select Electronic

Please note that the free licenses of Komplete 15 are not-for-resale.

The winners will be announced on September 23, 2024. Can't wait to see what you all have under your sleeves. 👀

Terms & Conditions: This competition is being conducted by NATIVE INSTRUMENTS GmbH from September 2, 2024 until September 23, 2024. By entering the competition, participants agree to these terms and conditions. All personal information is protected by privacy and data protection laws and will not be shared with third parties. Participants must be 18 years of age or older. Employees of Native Instruments are not eligible to participate. By posting on the online community, participants can win free NFR licenses of Komplete 15. Six winners will be chosen at random. The winners will be notified by direct message, and are required to notify Native Instruments that s/he accepts the prize within one week after receiving the notification. If Native Instruments does not receive notification within this period, the winner forfeits the prize and Native Instruments reserves the right to choose another winner. A cash payout of the prize is ruled out. The right of appeal is excluded. Native Instruments reserves the right to change, amend or remove this reward program at any time without prior notice. The laws of the Federal Republic of Germany apply exclusively; Berlin, Germany, shall be the exclusive court of jurisdiction.

Comments

• Tim Diggy
    Tim Diggy Member Posts: 1 Member

Kontakt: Extreme Time Stretching with Time Machine Pro 🔥

Instructions:

Load a Sample: Open Kontakt and drag a sample (audio file) into the interface.

Select Time Machine Pro Mode: Click on the "Source" module in the sample's edit panel and choose "Time Machine Pro" from the dropdown menu.

Adjust the Playback Speed: Use the "Tune" knob to adjust the pitch or the "Time" knob to stretch or compress the sample. Set extreme values to heavily stretch or compress the sample.

Modify the Formant: Adjust the "Formant" control to maintain the natural characteristics of the sample, or set it to extreme settings for more robotic, muddy or glitchy textures.

Experiment with Settings: Tweak the pitch, time, and formant controls to explore a wide range of sounds, from subtle pitch shifts to dramatic time-stretched soundscapes.

Voila! 😊

• esx.
    esx. Member Posts: 10 Member

I love using maschine in the spirit of Electron. To begin with, you need to upload 88 sounds to each sound using zone. On the 15th and 16th sound, we broadcast delay and reverb (these will be send ). for group processing to taste, I use fx -filter- compressor- --limeter. And so, as a result, each pattern can be independent of the other in terms of sound within the same group. Using Macros, you can assign basic parameters and quickly twist them. With the help of LOOCk, you can achieve insane results. We keep the band together and enjoy working in the spirit of Elektron.

P.s.

Of course, I understand that there are differences with external iron boxes. Nevertheless, it's a lot of fun, and you can create at least a whole big live set with the help of one group. this approach also allows you to make, for example, 5 to 6 simultaneous groups in a single project and an unlimited number of variations that will allow you to improvise in real time and enjoy playing live

• JavierSMZ
    JavierSMZ Member Posts: 2 Member
  • donmaddonald
    donmaddonald Member Posts: 91 Helper
    edited September 2

I LOVE GIVEAWAYS!!!!! I JUST BOUGHT A S61 MK3 would be amazing if I get Komplete 15 as well as my music budged of the year is finished now ahah

in my tip I describe how to obtain a bit of extra personality form your instruments using guitar rig and maschine, I do it often when I don't have an idea in mind, because the end result sometimes even with a simple 8 bar loop creates a vibe and creates a fat sound that I end up just adding a base and drums and I am basically done.

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 2,011 Guru

This simple tip is for Kontakt users:

Did you know you could change the tone of any library by playing with a pitch knob?

Here is how:

Let take a guitar library for example.

When you normally play a guitar library without the pitch knob, it will sound like a…well…guitar.

However, when you transpose the pitch by +12 and play the midi keyboard by the octave lower, you will get the banjo-ish sound!

Don't believe me?

Let me show you!

This is the normal sound of a Picked Acoustic:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f0TvrhpGdNejh8mk2suY758Xe-z6tAC3/view?usp=sharing

And then the pitched sound with the octave low transposed keyboard playing:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cqL6jC2Feovuqxt8sZzx9gMiFxX-sV1v/view?usp=sharing

You can do this with any library!

Of course, you can also transpose the pitch by, let's say, +7 semitones, but in return, to lower the melody by the exact same number of semitones.

It might enrich your music to the next level! :)

• iamadan
    iamadan Member Posts: 23 Member

I enjoy using my S88 with Komplete Kontrol in my DAW and simultaneously layering sounds with my hardware synths. For those working in-the-box and out-of-the-box, the S88 (or any of the Kontrol keyboards) works fantastically to control everything else around you. I'll often flip between midi-mode and Komplete Kontrol for simple controls when I've routed things to the right Midi CC on my hardware.

In my case, the S88 is connected via USB, and the DAW routes the MIDI out to my MIDI hub and onward to whatever piece of gear is around me.

I especially love underlaying plucks/keys on my hardware with some of the lush organic pads you'll find in some of the Kontakt libraries like Lores or Fables.

Enjoy!

• jakubpatok
    jakubpatok Member Posts: 58 Advisor
  • EFTHIMIS
    EFTHIMIS Member Posts: 13 Member
    edited September 6
  • Heisenberg
    Heisenberg Member Posts: 262 Pro

I don't really have any tips, but whatever you do, never forget to make backups! 😉

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,774 admin

Thanks for all the fantastic tips so far. Keep them coming! Just a quick reminder: to enter the raffle, you need to publish your own article with your tips. Commenting here won’t count.

Simply click the "New post" button on the right and start a discussion to join in. :)

• iamadan
    iamadan Member Posts: 23 Member

Look at me! I'm following the instructions now. Lol.

Post created here and I expanded a bit on the idea and the "why" for me:

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/35652/composing-ideation-tip-layering-sw-hw-from-s-series-with-kontakt/p1?new=1

• Gilbo
    Gilbo Member Posts: 18 Member

Good luck everyone! Here is my little tip with the use of expression pedals for Mysteria and Thrills :

• Rico010
    Rico010 Member Posts: 114 Advisor

Tip: start KK, choose a preset, play.
    (Disclaimer: it is a joke.)