[tips] using expression pedal for Thrill and Mysteria

Gilbo
Gilbo Member Posts: 18 Member

I don't know if it's a good tip but it made my life easier and improved my use of certain instruments. I really like instruments that allow you to play with the XY axis, varying the sounds by applying certain effects smoothly. There are two that I use from Native Instruments: Thrill and Mysteria. Some atmosphere presets only require pressing a single key, so no problem in this case, I can press with my left hand and manipulate XY with my right. However, other presets, the "clusters", allow you to really play, and that's annoying because it involves sacrificing one of our hands. To be able to play with both hands, while manipulating the XY axis live, I chose to add two expression pedals to my MK3.
I configure the first pedal to control CC1 and the second to control CC11. Once the pedals are properly configured, just go to Thrill or Mysteria and click on the crown icon and assign CC1 to X axis and CC11 to Y axis (or vice versa).
Pedals configured this way are also very useful on Lores and Fables and there is no need to configure anything this time since these two products use CC1 and CC11 as the basis of their modulation system.