[Giveaway] Win a t-shirt with our fresh new logo

Options

Comments

• Noise Native
    Noise Native Member Posts: 17 Member
    Options

In 1968 Steve Reich wrote ‘Music as a Gradual Process’ where he states: 

“As to whether a musical process is realized through live human performance or through some electro-mechanical means is not finally the main issue. One of the most beautiful concerts I ever heard consisted of four composers playing their tapes in a dark hall. (A tape is interesting when it's an interesting tape.)

It is quite natural to think about musical processes if one is frequently working with electro-mechanical sound equipment. All music turns out to be ethnic music.”

So I reckon it’s going Native! ;)

• Takanabo
    Takanabo Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

All music will come to an end.

• Brokennomads
    Brokennomads Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

More and more musicians will create great music at home in a small bedroom studio. AI will become a great tool In sound design, mixing and mastering.

• mankind-nil
    mankind-nil Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I don't believe that AI will take over most music, but there will be an increased application of AI in, for example procedurally generated applications - thinking game music, and/or perhaps background audio in cars (e.g. where the music style could potentially evolve in response to driving conditions).

Over the next decade, it's probably going to swing back to the nineties era, so we might expect some more great trance anthems on the horizon again soon!

• simondo
    simondo Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Everyone is mentioning AI which I believe will boom over the next 10 years but I think there will also be a purist backlash and movement against AI produced music. Over time AI production and traditional methods will learn to co-exist which will eventually create some of the greatest pieces of music we’ve probably ever heard.

Maybe not in the next 10 years but I also think way in which we “listen” to music will evolve through technology. Rather than our ears hearing sounds we will somehow absorb music through multiple senses. Providing a unique musical experience.

• Angel Serrano
    Angel Serrano Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    audio and video platforms fully integrated into dj systems, and used with complete reliability by djs. Developers and manufacturers that do not adapt will simply end up disappearing

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,805 Expert
    Options

Hard to say... Hopefully mankind will still exist and exist in good shape. It is not for granted, I am affraid.

Everything is in the period of quality leap, right now. Bifurcation point. Hard to forecast future, as there is many imaginable paths and even more beyond one's imagination. Like sudden change of water to ice or vapor experienced for the first time.

Yes AI will play role and stronger and stronger computers allowing better and better plugins.... Maybe VR or AR will also play role, but I am not sure about it, I would see it happen massively in two decades... It wiil change things, but not miraculously. AI is great tool, but it has been used for over 30 years already...

-------------------------

I would vote for consumer devices and SW that is usable for several decades. Modular, upgradable, repairable and so on. The consumerism cannot go on much longer....

I wish to NI to find good ballance between long life of their future products and price/income.

I know it is not fair comparison, but take Eventide Eclipse as an example. 20+ years since release still great and powerfull beast that outperforms many today's 'toys'.

And one more thing to be addressed in the field concerning SW/drivers/firmware. User support and prompt fixing of bugs. Exellent user service.

When RME has released Fireface 802 audio interface, friend of mine reported them that the driver reports wrong latency... It has been fixed within several days!

• The Horse Valse
    The Horse Valse Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

AI is the current hot topic, it will be for a while. I expect a comeback of acoustic trends to counter this trend. I love both.

In the future, we could have generative music tailored to our moods.

Siri will know our listening habits and favourite songs, and playlists, so it can easily generate new songs based on our tastes and current mood. Sad, party, break up, whatever...

Music as we know will still carry on, people will always want to express themselves via vibrating air around others' ears, and people will always want to listen to the inner workings of others by listening to their music.

Music is a powerful language without barriers, and we all can resonate with it, therefore we can resonate with each other.

• Doingmybest
    Doingmybest Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Even with the continued development of AI, we will still need humans to engineer, write and produce the music. Singers however may find it a challenge competing with the technology.

• higen
    higen Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Live music will be the real proof of the humans behind the music. Ai will be a hype.

• Joscuzz
    Joscuzz Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

A rejection of Social Media coupled with a return to music creation as community-based projects and performances.

• Johan
    Johan Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Music that touches the heart and soul is the future, combining analog vibrations and voices with electronic sounds, taking people to experiences beyond reality. Thank you N.I. because we have been given the tools, now we just need to continue on the path of creation…

• Faber Berfa
    Faber Berfa Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think the future of music, with the help of new technologies for device portability, will lead to a sharp increase in live performances to counter and obviously overcome the use of AI. As a genre, surely more and more towards a great hybrid between rock, electronica and black.

• jazzuci
    jazzuci Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Technology will continue to help explore new styles and sounds. Smarter virtual instruments will enable producers to make use of traditional sounds in more realistic ways.

On the other hand, acoustic ‘less is more music’ will be revalued.

Good songs will always survive.

• RustyRRaven
    RustyRRaven Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Skynet gonna compose a nice one for our hearses.

This discussion has been closed.