[Giveaway] Win a t-shirt with our fresh new logo

Options

Comments

• AdrianEarnshawMusic
    AdrianEarnshawMusic Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

It is inevitable that AI will take over some areas of the music creation process, be that in helping musicians go down paths they hadn't thought of, or by destroying the music industry as we know it. However, I am more hopeful that there is one thing AI cannot replace and that is the live musician. Physically seeing someone play an instrument, or instruments, does stir something within the human soul, which no matter how hard it may try AI will never be able to truly replace.

In the next decade making stock music may well disappear as a passive income source. I don't think it will quite get to a full take over of exclusive library music, as human influences are still required to invoke the right emotion.

• BradA
    BradA Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited June 2023
    Options

AI has and will continue to change music over the coming years but what it will never give you is that live sound that sends chills thru your body watching someone like Whitney Houston. Or the feeling of hearing that sound of a live group playing under the stars. So yes music is changing but the one thing that remains the same is the human touch, the vocals, the range of some, the rhythms these folks can sing, will never be replaced.

• APi_ZZ
    APi_ZZ Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

-eh- why not ask AI (ChatGPT)?

Prompt: Foresee the influences of AI to music, music composing, music production and music reception within the next decade.

ChatGPT

Artificial intelligence (AI) is poised to have a significant impact on various aspects of music, including composition, production, and reception, in the coming decade. Here are some potential influences of AI on these areas:

1. Music Composition:
    2. AI algorithms have already shown promising capabilities in generating music. In the next decade, AI is likely to become an integral part of the composition process. AI-powered tools will assist musicians and composers in generating melodic and harmonic ideas, suggesting chord progressions, and providing creative insights. These tools will serve as collaborative partners, expanding the creative possibilities and aiding in the exploration of new musical territories.
    3. Music Production:
    4. AI is set to revolutionize music production by automating and enhancing various tasks. AI algorithms can analyze and classify audio content, making it easier to organize and search music libraries. AI can assist in audio editing, mixing, and mastering processes, offering intelligent suggestions for sound design, effects, and arrangement. It can also generate realistic virtual instruments and orchestras, reducing the need for live performers in certain contexts.
    5. Music Recommendation and Personalization:
    6. AI-powered recommendation systems will continue to improve the music listening experience. By analyzing vast amounts of data, including user preferences, listening habits, and contextual factors, AI algorithms will deliver highly personalized music recommendations. These systems will help users discover new artists, genres, and songs tailored to their individual tastes, leading to a more engaging and diverse music consumption experience.
    7. Collaborative and Interactive Music Experiences:
    8. Advancements in AI will enable new forms of collaborative and interactive music creation. Artists and fans will be able to participate in co-creative processes, with AI acting as a facilitator and mediator. AI-driven platforms may provide tools for collaborative composition, allowing musicians from different locations to contribute to a single piece. Moreover, interactive AI systems could enable real-time improvisation and response, transforming live performances into immersive and dynamic experiences.
    9. Copyright and Intellectual Property:
    10. As AI becomes involved in the creation and generation of music, there will be challenges related to copyright and intellectual property. Determining ownership and rights of AI-generated music may require legal frameworks and industry standards to adapt. The ethical and legal implications surrounding AI's use in music will need to be carefully considered and addressed to ensure fair compensation and protect the rights of creators.
    11. Exploration of New Music Styles and Hybrid Genres:
    12. AI algorithms can analyze and learn from vast musical databases, leading to the discovery and exploration of new music styles and hybrid genres. By combining elements from different genres and cultural traditions, AI can help push the boundaries of music, fostering innovation and experimentation. This could result in the emergence of novel and eclectic musical expressions.

While these predictions suggest exciting possibilities, it's important to note that human creativity and artistic expression will remain central to the music-making process. AI should be viewed as a tool that complements and augments human capabilities, opening up new avenues for artistic exploration rather than replacing human musicians and composers.

Actually I can't say it better ... for those wanting it *knackig und kompakt*:

Prompt: Please, do a short tl:dr for that ...

ChatGPT

TL;DR: In the next decade, AI will have a significant impact on music. It will assist composers by generating ideas and expanding creative possibilities. AI will automate and enhance music production tasks and improve music recommendation systems for personalized experiences. Collaborative and interactive music creation will be facilitated by AI. Copyright and legal considerations will need to be addressed. AI will contribute to the exploration of new music styles and hybrid genres. However, human creativity will remain central, and AI should be seen as a tool, not a replacement for musicians and composers.

• ajh101
    ajh101 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I fear that music will become more of a product. I hope that it will sponsor a resurgence of people making music, not AI.

• MLARS
    MLARS Member Posts: 32 Helper
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hybrid AI production will likely influence products and productions, from improved sound suggestion and instant AI sound design options in synths and hybrid instruments, fast auto arrangements, notes editing corrections with suggestions on different creative options, advance yet natural audio and vocal correction, length adjustments, advance surround mixing etc - simplifying certain time consuming tasks while keeping certain critical musical artistic choices, the identity of the creator. The balance will be the challenge, but there will be blurry line between creativity and automation.

• Pete from Bristol
    Pete from Bristol Member Posts: 72 Member
    Options

Orbit or possibly the moon…

• Makrelguf
    Makrelguf Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I think we will see more raw/organic music that's being PLAYED live by human beings. More emotive and honest. As a counter movement

But maybe we won't even go in one joint direction. Maybe it will be very fragmented and divided like many other things. Some do this, others do that

• Kozmas
    Kozmas Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Better and better

• DJ DOS
    DJ DOS Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I really have no idea. hopefully NI will lead the way wisely

• topaz
    topaz Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

The electronic music science will advance towards AI and the trad band scene will moan about it.

• maurizio.dececco
    maurizio.dececco Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Honestly, i think the music world is going down the sink: with streaming and the eay the media market works, the are less and less business models valid for musicians. We will have other jobs to finance music as an hobby, but no more full time musicians

• DavidJ95
    DavidJ95 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Mostly looking at everything seems that the future is moving towards AI based production.

• Luggh4
    Luggh4 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

I think AI is going to grow on composing music. And eventually will learn to add emotion to it.

• Chris Hunt
    Chris Hunt Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Hope I’m wrong but more of a popularity contest and less substance appears to be where we’re heading. Fake DJ’s using ghost writers seem to be on the rise. But this will not stop me from doing what I love.

This discussion has been closed.