Nothing on WIN like this ?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,861 mod
    Options

Sorry no idea I’m on Sonoma

• Home Studio
    Home Studio Member Posts: 56 Member
    Options

Poor windows user... like me.... this... Luna......

• Kymeia
    edited April 7
    Options

Well on Win you do have Preset Magician but it doesn’t work with VST3

I’m hoping NI will open up the bank field though when they get round to adding back NKS properties editing in KK3. It would be silly not to imho

• Home Studio
    Options

Yes I use it till the first day... sad that she stop it..... it was "nearly" the perfect tool... but now it's just Bank & Sub Bank that I wish I could edit...

• Home Studio
    Options

They (NI) talk about it (Open edition to some locked thing).... But for now nothing

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,410 mod
    Options

Hello from me too!

Unfortunately we are in the middle of a change house process (in the countryside) and there is a problem with the internet. We expect to be fixed next week, so i can participate full time here!

Until then, @Kymeia i think Freesoundlabs by @JesterMgee is a very important part of the NKS community, so it has to be moved to the new NKS directory, so people can easily find it! If you both agree, we can do it.

About commercial banks we can discus it later, my idea however is to allow all commercial banks that need the original presets to work, and leave out those banks who can work without the original presets, for example, .fxp, .fxb and u-he presets (i am not aware about any other)

• Kymeia
    Options

Hi Yes I agree Jester and Freelancesoundlabs are a huge part of this community which is why I already added a link to them in my post on resources to find NKS info and patches and I would be fine with them having their own threads or alternatively as we are adding threads on specific developers, for example Cherry Audio, for those threads to include what they have.

As for what is legal to share, yes generally that is the principle I use as well, good example was the NKS for Klevgrand Tomofon which I added to the UL last week (kindly shared by @TallerThanPenguins).

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,639 Expert
    Options

About commercial banks we can discus it later, my idea however is to allow all commercial banks that need the original presets to work, and leave out those banks who can work without the original presets, for example, .fxp, .fxb and u-he presets (i am not aware about any other)

Yes this is obviously a good idea. One reason I dont do most expansion libraries is because of this, only libraries that require the expansion to work, such as ones that need sample content like UVI or most Omnisphere ones.

Things like Spire or Sylenth I am asked all the time but can't really provide them for this reason.

• Sunborn
    edited April 8
    Options

So, i assume that we are ok to move the Freelance Soundlabs to the NKS User directory, right?

One final confirmation by @Kaiwan_NI might be necessary (Kai, read the above 4 comments about commercial sound banks!) and we are good to go! :-)

One final note, @Kymeia: Moving all comments to separate threads in the new directory is a real pain in the (you know...), so my suggestion is to delete every comment that successfully moved to a new thread. In this way, we will have a much more clear vision about what is moved and what is still remain to be moved, so we do not have to check 155 pages again and again and again...

• Kymeia
    Options

Tbh I’ve stopped trying to split posts, let’s keep the old thread intact but just rename it “NKS user library discussion” or something so we don’t confuse it with the new sub forum. We can just start new threads per developer or category and link to the relevant repository folder or post if necessary.

• Rikk Show
    Rikk Show Member Posts: 100 Helper
    Options

I used Preset Magician to convert the Cyclone/TX16W fxp patches to NKS. Worked well, but you need to assure the VST2 version of the NKS migrates to VST3 plug-in.

For everything else I run a script to do all the mouse clicks to save NKS and copy of the preset names, etc. But sometimes you cannot get to the preset name from the script, so then I have the script read preset names from a text file that I have to prepare. Each plugin needs some small modification of the script to click in the right places and adjust to the plug-in preset browser manager.

• jggorman
    jggorman Member Posts: 108 Helper
    Options

Is this thread here where we can expect to find user posting of any new NKS files they've made? Or is it now somewhere else?

• Sunborn
    Options

We moved to a new directory, a sub-category exclusively for NKS, were each developer have its own discussion. Check it here and bookmark it (follow category) to get informed about every new post or update!

There are 70 threads already. And when we finished our task, this thread will be closed and remain as an archive.

Some things to know:

For general discussion, research, exchange of ideas, contributions etc, you go here:

If you have any requests, post them here:

Guides about how to create NKS presets, here:

All the rest are self-explanation. For specific presets you go to the appropriate discussion. For example, if you are looking for Cherry Audio presets you go to Cherry Audio NKS discussion, for Sugar Bytes presets you go to Sugar Bytes NKS discussion, etc. etc.

Freelance Soundlabs thread (paid presets) is also there. Some tutorials too plus some other stuff.

If there is something else that you don't understand, please ask! :-)

• jggorman
    jggorman Member Posts: 108 Helper
    Options

Thanks to all.