NKS User Library

Options

Comments

• Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo Member Posts: 209 Advisor
    Options

Not sure whether this thread can help me out, or whether I need to start a new topic.

I’m trying to set the 8 knobs in Komplete Kontrol to my Arturia Keylab midi controller, but want them to be the SAME as the knob assignment on my S88 mk3.

I’ve worked out the first knob is always CC 0. So whatever play series etc instrument I load, as I’ve set the first knob on my Arturia to CC 0, it happily controls the first knobs parameters in Komplete Kontrol and my S88 mk3 does the same.

However I’ve been through all the remaining 127 CC numbers and none of them control the other 7 knobs.

I realise these are probably assigned to macros, but surely if I can record automation into my DAW from my S88, it must be transmitting something my DAW recognises, hence should be programmable to another midi controller?

II need to read up on automation in Studio one, hopefully I’ll be able to find out what’s being transmitted.

Midi learn would mean I can only have either my S88 or my Keylab controlling the instruments, but would need to re midi learn to change to the other keyboard which would be tedious.

Any suggestions please?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,861 mod
    edited March 10
    Options

Thanks, I’m using this template to create NKS for my third party Chromaphone patches, and then I’ll do the same for the others, probably String Studio next, then Ultra Analogue

• Ojustaboo
    Options

Having a play around today I discovered something interesting.

From within any instrument, using midi learn in Komplete Kontrol on the 8 knobs and setting my Keylab to use them, the S88 mk3 still happily also controlled them. Didn’t matter what CC nos I set for the knobs to on my Keylab (tried a few experiments) using midi learn they all worked fine from my Keylab yet the S88 mk3 also still controlled them.

So must be some sort of hard wire in the software to komplete kontrols 8 buttons on the mk3 series.

Trouble was I would have to midi learn every preset to do this, but thankfully I’ve just read the kk 3 manual and page 60 tells me how to set up the 8 knobs for an external controller where I only have to do it once and it works across them all. So providing it works as the manual says, I’m very happy and my problems answered.

I couldn’t find a link to the kk3 manual on NI manuals page (possibly my error), but found it here

https://www.native-instruments.com/fileadmin/ni_media/downloads/manuals/komplete_kontrol/Komplete_Kontrol_MK3_Manual_English_171023.pdf

• chpiatt
    chpiatt Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options

I took a crack at making something useful for Superior Drummer 3:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/75q8ethqwamkrltwtbjuk/h?rlkey=7j710eu9jsvqb7rf6lsapkni6&dl=0

I don't really use the presets much, so instead of trying to make mappings for each preset, I created custom presets for each of the dry/clean kits included in all of the SDX expansions (Death/Darkness, Rooms of Hansa, Hitmaker, Fields of Rock, Indiependent, and SD3 Factory) I have + a few of the drier presets I do like.

I standardized the routing of each preset to first feed each mic into a bus ('Kick', 'Snare', 'Hi-Hat', 'Toms', 'OH', 'Room', and in some cases 'Parallel' which is anything like parallel compression, etc. that I decided to keep).

I then created 'Stereo' and 'Multi-Out' versions of each preset where I either route everything to a single stereo output or each bus to it's own dedicated output in the latter case.

The knobs are mapped to control Volume, Solo, Mute, and Phase of each mic channel.

The last kind of quirky thing I did was made sure there were at least 3 toms on each kit bc I have an electronic kit I map them to.

Definitely, I don't think this approach will fit everyone's workflow but for anyone looking for something like this for Superior Drummer 3 this will save you a tonnnnn of time 😅

If anyone likes this approach and would like to colab on adding support for more presets or expansions, that'd be awesome! I'll probably add more over time as well.

• Ojustaboo
    Options

Tested today.

Assigning the 8 knobs as per page 60 solves the problem. Doesn’t matter what NI instrument I select, the 8 knobs on my Arturia Keylab work exactly the same as the 8 knobs on my S88. And it remembers when I quit and restart.

I’m very happy.

Unfortunately loading Arturia synths in Komplete Kontrol, the S88 controls them but the Keylab doesn’t , well two knobs controlled items on page 1/3 but not on the other two pages. No big deal as in my DAW I can use Analog Labs .

It’s a shame more S series mk3 buttons aren’t assignable under midi learn in Komplete Kontrol, I can set buttons to next and previous presets, next and previous effects and to different pages in the effects. But I have loads of faders, buttons and one knob left. Would be great for example if I could program these to imitate the left two buttons at the top of the S88 mk3 screen.

• Kymeia
    Options

Made a preliminary Trash (3) template - doesn't cover all params I wanted something for quick trashing

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/xw8zfwflz7qgt7snq1fes/h?rlkey=6x7d8casodi9fj5sz9gm1ol3b&dl=0

Includes NKS2 banner

• DistantMem
    DistantMem Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

really thx :-*

• Kaldosh
    Kaldosh Member Posts: 356 Advisor
    Options

Also added NKS2 Banner to previous trash Mapping. I reupload the Zip files with NKS mapping, presets , db files etc

• Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 88 Advisor
    edited March 17
    Options
  • JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,639 Expert
    Options

Now Available: D16 Lush2 NKS Library

This library covers all single layer and multi layer patches with a custom template for both layer types. Single layer patched cover almost all available controls while multi-layer patches cover most of the common controls needed. Mapping is similar to the previous Lush101 library with a few additions and changes.

Presets are all tagged with sound previews and artwork files, including artwork for the MK3 keyboards.

One thing to note with Lush2 is due to the large number of automatable parameters it is required to "enable" controls for automation. This has all been done for you in the NKS presets so saves a lot of time and in the case of the multi-layer presets, I have mapped many parameters already but also pre-enabled a lot of controls just in case it is desired to have more in the template, however I don't want to bloat up the template too much more. If parameters have not been pre-enabled it is unlikely I can add them (easily) to a template update so hopefully it covers what is needed.

• Kymeia
    Options

Thanks just so you know I am working on the String Studio remap next

• Kymeia
    edited March 19
    Options

Thanks - I've finished the String Studio remap now - extended template plus applied it to the factory patches in the AAS folder in the NKS User Library

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/rvqlfqreje6nb085o7fby/h?rlkey=56ia3tg1wwkstghr3l70aq98s&dl=0

• Apollobeat
    Apollobeat Member Posts: 15 Newcomer
    Options

Hi folks,

there are not too many requests, nevertheless, out of laziness to constantly select the presets with the mouse, I have created the NKS presets for "Rhodes V8 Pro". Of course also the "dist_database" and "image" folder. I'll post the previews when I get a chance. But I don't have the time at the moment.

Have fun with it. 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/kz5o3jdivdabem3zrdnte/Rodes-V8-Pro-NKS.zip?rlkey=08wn5rm3db26q247gqktgbw31&dl=0