Custom NKS2 Graphics

Kymeia
Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod
edited 12:00PM in NKS User Library

I have setup a subfolder in the NKS User Library for people to share updated 'NKS2 ready' higher res graphics resources for existing NKS instruments and FX that have not yet got official NKS2 graphics (that is in addition to full NKS conversions where people have added NKS2 graphics as part of the package - those are still in the main UL folders).

NKS2 Images

At the moment most of us have been concentrating on the hardware banner as that is what appears in the keyboard screen. However there are actually quite a few other higher res image assets included with NKS2, I made a list:

NKS2_hardware_banner.webp - 1280 x 212

NKS2_software_tile.webp - 264 x 198

OSO_logo@2x.png - 834 x 130

VB_artwork@2x.png - 192 x 94

VB_cardview.png - 384 x 188

VB_cardview@2x.png - 768 x 376

LibBrowser.png - 587 x 98

not sure what they all do but some (OSO_logo@2x.png, VB_artwork@2x.png) update the graphics shown in the KK browser. For the .webp images png seems to work just as well so not sure what NI made them .webp which not every image editor supports (a good cheap Mac one that does which I use is Acorn)

Extra thanks to Dirty Jawa who contributed a lot of these. I have added a few of mine. Please feel free to share your own in this thread

Comments

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,773 mod
    edited May 24

In my opinion, those should be added to the existed folders and not as separate archives. In my latest works i always include NKS2 graphics (usually just the banner, but on some cases, the full graphics).

But for the easiness of our members i spent some time, re-collect all of my NKS2 works and made two packs for you. 🙂

What's included:

1- Full graphics (all 14 files, NKS1 + NKS2)

Devious Machines: Texture

FKFX: Sylab

U-he: Zebralette3

_______________________________________________________________________________

2- NKS2 Banner only

Fabfilter: Twin 3

GForce: impOSCar3

Glitchmachines: Palindrome

Lunacy Audio: Cube

Plugin Alliance:
    bx_console AMEK 200
    bx_console AMEK 9099
    Shadow Hills Class A Mastering Comp

Polyverse Music: Filterverse

Pulsar Modular: P565 Siren

Sugar Bytes: Effectrix2

TC Electronic:
    TC 1210
    TC 2290
    TC 8210

_______________________________________________________________________________

Notes:

• impOSCar3, Shadow Hills, Filterverse are still works in progress (no template/presets yet)
    • i also have full graphics (all 14 files) for Moog Music Marianna, but… i really can't remember if i made them or if i just download them so, i left them out! 😋

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod

In my opinion, those should be added to the existed folders and not as separate archives

Yes so do I and that is what I do, but this is more for those cases where existing NKS exists for a plugin, eg Pianoteq, but those graphics have not yet officially been updated to NKS2 standards, just so that people can add them in themselves. As I've been using my MkIII I keep coming across a plugin I would like to see the additional graphics for and just adding them as I go along.

This discussion has been closed.