NKS Requests

Options
Onj
Onj Member Posts: 49 Member
edited April 21 in NKS User Library

Hi. I had a thorough look through the forum before starting a new discussion topic and didn't find a page like this, so I thought I'd make this one.

Here, hopefully, can be a page to have NKS requests for instruments that currently don't have any.

The first thing I've found recently is this lovely free synth from Electronic Sound Lab (not to be confused with Free Lance Sound Labs)

called CMP100.

It has 36 presets and a good number of parameters.

I had a look through all pages, plus the dropbox and also FSL but didn't find it.

I hope this is alright with the mods?

If not, please let me know not to do it again.

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,861 mod
    Options

This is a great idea ! :)

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,410 mod
    Options

All Mods agree, this discussion is a great idea!

Thanks @Onj πŸ‘οΈ

• Sunborn
    Options

@Onj i have download the plugin and made the presets for you. Here they are:

However... i did only the presets and then immediately removed it...

Why is that? Simply said, because it does not worth 100 megabytes on my disc... the sounds are nothing special really, very generic and overheard and the controls are very basic... but most of all, because it is impossible to change any pre-mapped control and map them in a different way! There is no midi learn (if there is any midi at all, apart of the keyboard)... So, no template possible...

Because of all those (and especially because it is impossible to make a template) i decided to not spare any time to make graphic resources... Sorry mate, but this is maybe the worst plugin i have seen, since years, very amateurish work... πŸ˜”

• Onj
    Options

Hi, no problem about not having graphics, I can't see them anyway.

Honestly, for me the workflow outweighs anything else.

I do 99.99% of my work inside of Komplete Kontrol, so even something as simple as browsing presets becomes infinitely more convenient when I don't have to take my hands off of the MIDI keyboard and load whatever plugin I need at any given time.

These might be utterly ****** sounds, they may be only used by 5 people (including me) but those people certainly appreciate your work regardless.

I quite like ****** retro sounds myself, you never know when you find a use for such things.

Sometimes they serve very well as layers underneath something else for example.

In the case you're not that happy with this plugin, what about something way more cool then?

Full Bucket have a few synths out there, all free, and even some effects like a Bucket Brigade delay which would be quite nice as NKFX.

Perhaps this will take away the lack of enjoyment you had from working on this project for me.

Anyway, thank you very much for your help.

• Sunborn
    Options

No worries, i did it because i wanted it and if it brings joy to you, i am happy too! :-)

I am also a big fan of retro sounds, but there are so many much better synths for those, some of them free, some others on an extremely cheap price, thus the CMP100 was a kind of disappoint for me... or perhaps because i have already too many pro synths so i can't enjoy such simplicity anymore... who knows...

good day to you...

• Onj
    Options

Well... Now I've had a chance to test it for myself, I must indeed concur. It is a disappointment indeed.

Also it doesn't seem to accept when you change program, so it sticks on the first thing you load and that's it. At least the program change is an automated parameter so I can go to the last page and change the preset from there, but yeah, this just isn't as exciting as I'd hoped somehow.

Doesn't mean I'm not grateful for what you did though.

The best part about this plugin I guess are the drums, which remind me of an old childhood keyboard I had from Yamaha, the PSS-270.

They are sort of the closest drums I've had in software, so maybe I'll keep it around just for that reason alone.

Have to see something good about a product like this haha.

• Onj
    Options

Hello. I saw this on the old thread, but thought I'd revive it. I went on a hunt for Rhodes V8/V8 Pro presets but seems they don't exist. I know there's a 14-day trial available and I'm more than happy to pay one of the mods here to make it if one of you doesn't mind. Please name your price and let's talk.

There are a lot of cool artist presets in the Pro version from producers such as Andrew Huang and Doctor Mix which I really want to use much more conveniently.

I'm a screen-reader user and their interface is just utter garbage.

They know about it as i've made them quite, quite aware, but I'd still be using it via NKS (given the option) regardless.

Thanks if anyone has time to do this.

• Onj
    Options

Wow, thank you very much. I didn't see them in the big NKS dropbox, not sure how I missed them or if I was just looking in the wrong place. either way, huge thanks for pointing these out.

I have a gig tonight and really want to see if I can put this plugin through it's paces.

Cheers.

• Sunborn
    Options

You missed them because the "big NKS dropbox" is not the only source... 😊

anyway, soon everything will be in the new directory, here, every plugin developer in its own thread, so everything will be easy to be found, no matter on what dropbox they are...

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 418 Guru
    edited May 8
    Options

A couple of things I'm working on, in case there's some doubling up:

Expressive E - Noisy 2
    Wave Alchemy - Triaz (Dedicated plugin version)
    Unfiltered Audio - Battalion (I've done presets and tagging - just need to work out how to do the previews)