Welcome to the official NKS User Library

Options
Kymeia
Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,784 mod
edited April 8 in NKS User Library

It's nice after many years to get our own 'official' space. The original thread back on the old forum was intended to learn and share information about how to create NKS presents and templates for, at the time, the vast majority of plugins that were not NKS compatible. I felt figuring out how to create these needed to be a collective effort and that knowledge base should also be freely available to the whole community. I also felt that in doing this it would also ensure the sustainability and future growth of NKS and Komplete Kontrol. Now it has, we have tons of plugins and developers who are NKS partners but there is, and always will be, still a need to create NKS templates and libraries for those plugins that are not.

I think the idea is instead of just having one thread with all the info and shared NKS in that one thread, which makes it harder to find specific NKS patches, we will have topics based on specific categories of plugins or developers so things are easier to find. This will sit alongside the various repositories of NKS setup by myself and Sunborn and various other contributors, as well as enable new people to take part in this community effort.

Please use this space for discussing and sharing NKS and NKS related information and tutorials. For Komplete Kontrol support please use the main KK forum, not this subforum.

Tagged:

Comments

• Conjure0193
    Conjure0193 Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Very nice ! Thanks @ NI 😉

• Diam
    Diam Member Posts: 217 Helper
    Options

Great to see @Kymeia after all the time you and so many others have given to this pursuit. It has really evolved in to something new, given how many plugins aren't currently supported. Long may it be the case as new users discover the platform and get involved. Who knows what the next evolution may be?!!

• Brianalipa
    Brianalipa Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Does this mean you can now make any komplete kontole plugin instrument nks compatible ie some of the free ones and third party ones from the likes of bedroom audio ,if so do they still have to sit in the user space or can they be put in the main file system? . As I would like to do this and share the work I do for myself, if I'm successful I'll try it out soon as this could mean I use kk for all my instruments ie 1 database ,I have the MK3 and I'm a little confused as to why I would need to use the mk 2 though I still have the mk 2 s66 but not Shure if the two keyboards can co exist on the same system

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,784 mod
    edited April 8
    Options

It’s always been possible to make almost any plugin NKS compatible. The basic tools for creating custom or de novo controller mappings are built into Komplete Kontrol, the images etc just took a bit more working out. By definition these would be user presets of course, but there are various hacks to get user content into factory although personally I don’t care and prefer to keep my own stuff separate from factory content.

• Phatnik
    Phatnik Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

I am very happy with the NKS presets that Freelance Sound Labs makes, they work and look perfectly. I have UVI world and Soundtoys from him.

Of course it would be awesome if there were free ones as well.

I wished there was a KK Fx, so I can load it as an insert or send effect and use NKS for effects as well. I love using the ones with NKS.

• laserbeak
    laserbeak Member Posts: 131 Member
    Options

A tutorial. Nice.

Thank you very much.

• mmk_music
    mmk_music Member Posts: 40 Member
    Options

This is great news for the community and I'm happy to see you as the Mod @Kymeia

• Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 88 Advisor
    Options

Personally, I'm a little taken aback by the architecture of this new discussion. The idea of creating posts by vendor may not be bad in itself, but I have the impression that it killed a bit of the dynamic of the old discussion.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,369 mod
    edited April 20
    Options

mate, the dynamic of the old discussion will continue on this thread (general talking) and another one that i will create, exclusively for scripts, codes, tech-talk and experiment! ...plus one more that created by another user (NKS requests)

so, what we will miss, is the endless searching for forgotten comments and presets without titles (thus impossible to be found by search)... nobody will ever sit down to read 150 pages of comments, i think you know that... so, a lot of valuable info is lost in time... unique comments are lost too...

so, no matter how dynamic, the old thread was a real mess... now, there is an order, a logic and, most importantly, users can find immediately what they are looking for, instead of searching for presets in comments without a title and then, in dropboxes full of links...

so... consider this thread as a continue of the old nks thread, with one difference: Our research, our discussions, our exchange of ideas, our contributions to each other and our fun, will continue here, but the final results (and only those!) will be posted in their own pages... so, the users who just want the presets but do not wish to involve more, they will go straight there... those who just want to request something they will go to the Requests thread... and those who want to involve more, will come here too, to talk to each other... i think it is simpler, faster, more accurate, less chaotic... thus better! 😉