NKS User Library

Options

Comments

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,410 mod
    edited February 28
    Options

Rule: If path locations are embedded inside the preset's code, there is no way to be fully compatible, at the same time, for both OS!

They will work of course, but with some limitations, such as those that mentioned above by 3 members.

Thus, it is a great idea to inform developers to stop include path locations in their presets.

• paulyminogue
    paulyminogue Member Posts: 70 Member
    Options

Hey, it's not workin here on a Mac M1. The Presets are not Switching inside of the Plugin.

• Sunborn
    Options

hmm... this was also the "original" problem... on Windows they work fine though

so, someone must try to remake them on Mac to see what is going on... just some of them, to test if the behavior remains the same (which, in this case, will indicate a plugin-Mac-bug)

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,639 Expert
    Options

Better thing to do is to contact the dev (which I have already done as I work with Grahams assistance to make these libraries).

The path within the file should not be applicable to any saved NKS file, it is simply a reference path but the data is contained in the file, the path to the actual preset is not needed or should be resolved internally.

This is likely an oversight by the dev so they will likely issue a fix. I know how to address this issue, but will wait to see what Graham says.

• Sunborn
    edited March 1
    Options

u-he Zebrify VST3 NKS

Just a "quick job", presets only. For previews & resources, use the original ones. ;-)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ceebzpg7j0g2s0eslig72/u-he-Zebrify-VST3-NKS.rar?rlkey=n2if0scez9v5t76iu9j7xxy1b&dl=0

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,861 mod
    Options

Thanks - but I have Satin VST3 NKS already working, is this not the case on Windows perhaps?

• Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 88 Advisor
    edited March 4
    Options
  • Sunborn
    edited March 3
    Options

As i have told you once before, there is no u-he VST2 to VST3 migration in Windows. Except for Diva.

I have tried every possible solution and combination for months, re-installs, delete and rebuild databases, re-scans, i even delete the vst2 plugins... yet nothing is happening, they simply not working.

I assume whatever they did, they did it for Mac only....

Also, for the few plugins that have the option "save as nksf", even if this done with the VST3 versions and even if the VST2 versions does not exists at all, all the saved presets are still saved as VST2 NKS!

• JesterMgee
    Options

So now you have been told TWICE! Let that be a lesson.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,861 mod
    edited March 3
    Options

I've made a NKS template for SPCAudio ArcSyn Apple Silicon Native VST3 (beta)

https://www.spcplugins.com/arcsyn

If you are not on Apple Silcon you don't need this as the Intel VST3 works fine and for that we have NKS patches saved out as well (even though they were made with the VST2 they do migrate) but unfortunately these do not load in the Apple Silicon version just released so I had to make a new template because it is worth it for this synth, it is unbelievably awesome sounding and a really original synth design and it is a real shame it is not better appreciated. Note this crashes KK in Rosetta mode so is AS native only.

• JesterMgee
    Options

Now Available: Cherry Audio CR-78 NKS Library

Library now available for the Cherry Audio CR-78 Drum Machine plugin offering browsing of all presets with a detailed controller map covering most controls for all channels and also allows access to assign and adjust effects.

This library includes both single and multi-output versions of the presets as requested allowing you to select which option you want using the bank selector in the NKS browser. It is also possible to browse and filter by the plugin categories using the sub banks.

• chpiatt
    chpiatt Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options

FYI for anyone interested in Musio NKS, I've moved to hosting these in the 'My NKS User Library' Dropbox folder in my signature because they are pushing out new content all the time and I don't want to spam the forum every time there's an update. Everything should be up-to-date with the latest catalog update as of today.

• Rikk Show
    Rikk Show Member Posts: 100 Helper
    Options

Making NKS from old Akai CD-Rom?

After importing the patches you are left with a basic Kontakt interface. There are a few knobs that can be assigned to automation and show up in KK, BUT every time you click on "Next Instrument" every assignment is lost. Needles to say, I will not do 16 mappings 800 times.

So, is there a magic trick to have Kontakt remember an automation assignment to a filter knob etc?

• overlord25
    overlord25 Member Posts: 17 Member
    Options

Thanks so much for this, AAS have unfortunately lost interest in NKS implementation, they see it as too much work,I've had a few discussions with them but the vibe has gone, your work breathes new life into it :)