Plugins that support VST2 -> VST3 migration - a list

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,749 mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

Also Arturia need a one button selection to download NKS content for everything installed!

they do, that’s what silent install is for, but you need to tell it to install NKS content when you run it in the first place

• ekwipt
    ekwipt Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options

I mean without going into the preferences, or at least mention NKS

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,363 mod
    Options

FabFilter Plugins: New version

Added support for automatic VST2 to VST3 migration.

Finally!!

• Kymeia
    edited February 15
    Options

Nice but not working for me with Twin 2 - and Twin 3 VST3 is still useless in KK anyway

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,363 mod
    Options

@Kymeia i think that you are might missing something?

Twin 2 has already a VST3 NKS pack (not sure from who right now, but i have it and works well).

Twin 3 also works well now with KK, not perfect but well, i have fixed the problematic Arps (the rest was ok) and i will upload the pack now :-)

• Kymeia
    Options

Thanks I'll give them a try

• Kymeia
    Options

Eventide have released an update for their plugins including VST3 NKS support now for Blackhole (although it already migrated). Unfortunately this is still the only one they actually make NKS for so it's a bit odd they even bothered to update it, maybe that is a sign they are still committed to NKS? Anyway I made NKS for all the others (in the NKS User Library)

• aka
    aka Member Posts: 46 Member
    edited March 11
    Options

Can somebody clarify this for me. So all my 3rd party LIBs (NKS and non NKS) would not work with KK vst3 (unless they get updated by the DEvs) ?

• Kymeia
    edited March 11
    Options

Depends on what you mean by ‘libs’. If you mean Kontakt libraries then of course they will work as long as Kontakt is uptodate. If you are referring to NKS versions of plugin presets then they should work with the VST3 version of that plugin, even if originally saved with the VST2 plugin if that plugin supports migration (which isn't always the case, although the list is growing). Komplete Kontrol is designed to make that possible as long as the plugin also supports it. The list tells you which ones support that and which ones don’t.

However if you also want DAW projects saved with Komplete Kontrol VST2 to load with the VST3 of KK it gets more complicated because you need the host to also support migration as well as the plugin KK is trying to load, and most hosts do not support migration particularly well. From what I have been reading only Steinberg hosts and Komplete Kontrol fully support both of the main plugin migration protocols that are in existence (see comments here https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8864192#p8864192), most other hosts just support one or neither, Live for example doesn’t support it at all despite having just been updated to 12.

• Philippe
    Philippe Member Posts: 56 Helper
    Options

Thanks form clarification @Kymeia