Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,747 mod
    Options

Thanks I'll add it - is it any good?

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 410 Guru
    Options

I'd suggest having a listen to the previews- it's a bit like Generate - you can make some lovely, dirty sounds, and some great leads. Very expressive.

• Philippe
    Philippe Member Posts: 56 Helper
    Options

oh good news, thanks

• Kymeia
    edited October 2023
    Options

XILs 4, PolyKB II and III, and Poly M have been updated to support VST3 migration - download the latest betas from your account if you have them

• Kymeia
    Options

Overloud plugins have mostly been Apple Silicon/VST3 for a while but they just finally updated SpringAge to VST3 and Silicon native and I tried a template I made for it years ago with the non native VST2 and it worked so they even implemented migration - just updated the template and exported all as new NKS

• Kymeia
    edited November 2023
    Options

Waldorf Largo 2 finally works with VST3 NKS instead of VST2, I still think it doesn't support migration, it looks like they just resaved the NKS in the VST3 but it's progress and at least it makes it functional now as a VST3 NKS plugin

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 410 Guru
    Options

Quick note for anyone who owns Dune 3 (My first NKS instrument, and I still love it). Update to 3.6 now has migration on Windows, so you can delete the pesky VST2. If you don't, it'll load VST2 by default.

I know this has been on MAC for a while, but this is the first version that migrates on Windows, to my knowledge.

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 859 mod
    Options

This is such a great list - thank you for putting it together and updating it.

I would expect quite a number of names to add here, in the new year.

• ekwipt
    ekwipt Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options

u-he and Arturia don't work for me, they load on Komplete Kontrol but none of the NKS features work and I get the "xxx could not be loaded, as it may not yet support Apple Silicon or VST2 to VST3 migration.

Please contact the plug-in manufacturer for more information. "

• Kymeia
    Options

U-he plugin require you to do a complete plugin rescan after installing the latest updates, then they should work. As I said in the other thread Arturia have supported migration for a long time now and work reliably on Apple Silicon so you need to install the latest versions of the VST3 plugins and make sure you have also updated the NkS patches by selecting third party content during the install process (VST2 will always require Rosetta in KK).

• ekwipt
    edited December 2023
    Options

thanks i appreciate your replies, for me nothing has worked:

"NkS patches by selecting third party content during the install "

(i can't see an option for this ?)

edit found it, what a PITa, it's hidden in advance a tiny check mark option

• Kymeia
    edited December 2023
    Options

Run ASC and uncheck silent install in options, then when you run the first installer you can access custom install, make sure you have selected third party content and VST3 format, then run the installer. After that recheck silent installs and allow the rest to update

Also check if you have any old VST2 versions on your system- that might also be confusing things as they will be old versions

• ekwipt
    edited December 2023
    Options

I tried reinstalling everything from scratch, but it still didn't work. I wonder if I need to manually delete all my VST 2 plugins in the folder.

I've used a great app called PluginInfo, to delete all of my VST from u-he, Native Instruments, and Arturia.

Maschine seems to be working so far but KK isn't it.

I'm going to delete the database file, but it seems like there's more than one (there's 3) and they're not listed in the help document below:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209554889-My-KOMPLETE-KONTROL-Browser-is-Empty-or-Incomplete

• Kymeia
    Options

Did you then do a full plugin scan in KK?

• ekwipt
    Options

yes, but my Scan3 app keeps crashing, i wonder if it messes with the database when it does so (like doesn't save it)

I deleted all 3 db files from Komplese Kontrol and did a rescan while inside the app, same problem. Worrying, it didn't recreate a database on exiting the app.

EDIT. I deleted the whole Komplete Kontrol folder (kept a backup), and also deleted a plugin I was guessing was caused the crashed, did a whole rescan inside the app.

It's at least created another whole folder on startup, hopefully it creates a new database.

BOOM AND IT WORKED!

Thanks for your patience and giving me some replies!

So there seems to be a problem with Komplete Kontrol creating a database and not being able to overwrite it with the correct data, or a combination of deleting the VST2 files.

Either way, i think the NI tech guys, should have a look at it~

Also Arturia need a one button selection to download NKS content for everything installed!