Plugins that support VST2 -> VST3 migration - a list

Options

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,741 mod
    Options

hmm it does say here:

that Windows users will also 'benefit from the update' though so wonder in what ways?

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,360 mod
    edited March 2023
    Options

Yep! If you check their latest builds only the Mac are new... the others are a year old (or more!)

About the "benefits" it doesn't say anything about migration or NKS... It says:

• Improved browsers, easy drag & drop soundset installation.
    • New load balancing in Hive means that most presets will use even less CPU.
    • Support for MTS, a new project-wide microtuning standard
    • New GUI designs for Triple Cheese (freeware) and ZebraCM (magware).
    • Better overall performance for all plug-ins on all platforms.

• Sunborn
    Options

Output plugins Movement and Portal migrate successfully from VST2 to VST3 (at least in Windows).

Probably the rest Output products should migrate too.

• Kymeia
    Options

Added thanks

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 410 Guru
    Options
  • Kymeia
    Options

Thanks - updated list - I guess they feel it's only necessary on Mac (Apple Silicon)

• Aaron McPherson
    Aaron McPherson Member Posts: 24 Helper
    Options

For a few months now, Rob Papen has been saying the NKS compatibility problem has something to do with their Blue III VST3 not being “seen” by KK and Maschine running in native AS mode. Is this a known bug, or is it something specific to Rob Papen?

• Kymeia
    edited May 2023
    Options

Blue III does load in Komplete Kontrol in AS native mode so it's not so much that it can't be 'seen', but Rob Papen have not enabled migration in their plugins which means if they want their NKS plugins to work again in KK and Maschine they either need to remake all their presets using VST3 versions (which is a lot of work) or fix the migration problem so the old NHS still work with the VST3 as well as the VST2. That would be the better and more 'long term' option but I guess this is easier for some developers than others to do. afaik they are working with NI on this though.

There is a bug though in KK that is making it harder to save NKS from some plugins due to params not updating when presets change and it does look like RP are affected - this is something NI are aware of (because I reported it)

• Sunborn
    Options

Sonic Academy ANA 2

I didn't saw any reference for previous versions, but version 2.5 migrates successfully from VST2 to VST3 (I'm making the NKS presets now)

• Kymeia
    Options

Thanks - that's cool

• Sunborn
    Options

Synapse Audio The Legend

VST3 version for both Win and Mac and successfully migrates from VST2 to VST3.

• Kymeia
    Options

Yes I meant to add that to the others - thanks

• Kymeia
    Options

Arturia FX are now compatible with NKS in VST3 - this is in FX Collection version 4 but they have been good to make the update available to earlier versions too through the Arturia Software Centre

The list of plugins that are still not compatible is getting smaller - for me the big ones still are Rob Papen and Softube NKS (although I think Softube are halfhearted about NKS support as none of their recent products support it - I plan to convert the ones that I have - apart from Modular - myself)

• Sunborn
    Options

Rob Papen and U-he too... 2 of the most valuable developers and they are last, instead of be the first ones... i can understand until one point, because of the huge variety of complex plugins with tons of presets, but.... almost half of 2023 is gone already

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023
    Options

u-he was one of the first but as you pointed out only on Mac, I think they don’t see it as so much of a priority on Windows as VST2 NKS still work there

Rob Papen have been struggling with getting migration to work I think - I hope they don’t abandon NKS as I suspect Softube and Eventide have