Plugins that support VST2 -> VST3 migration - a list

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,736 mod

Fantastic - I think as long as devs support the latest VST3 SDK migration works, it's when they don't there are problems

• Kymeia
    edited March 2023

Reveal Sound Spire has just finally got VST3 and Apple Silicon support but unfortunately it doesn't support migration. So annoying when devs just seem to do this in a half assed way. I have so many NKS banks for Spire all only accessible in Rosetta 2 mode.

The VST3 is also completely unstable in Komplete Kontrol and Maschine so I can't even build a new template for it.

• Kymeia
    edited March 2023

Updated to reflect Arturia updates to support migration and VST3 on Apple Silicon (currently for instruments but fx will follow)

The nice thing is they have done it right - not just changed the NKS patches but made the plugins support migration with presets and automation params intact - so even NKS patches saved from VST2 versions (like my SEM 2 bank) work in the VST3. Great job Arturia!

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 219 Pro
  • Ed M
    Ed M Member Posts: 148 Advisor

@Kymeia thanks for the heads up, was waiting for this update!

• nanotable
    nanotable Member Posts: 93 Advisor

Great news! Also, you don’t need to be on v9. I’ve just updated my v8 installation, which is really nice.

• Kymeia

Yes they made it backwards compatible - Arturia are cool like that

• Kymeia
    edited March 2023

Forgot to add updates came out a couple of days ago for 2 Synapse plugins too so they now have VST3 migration - Dune 3 and Obsession - hopefully The Legend to follow soon

• Kymeia

This now means there are very few 'NKS Ready" developers who are not now on the list - I think Rob Papen is the main one still to release compatibility updates (although the AAS ones need a fix with param sync).

• Home Studio
    Home Studio Member Posts: 56 Member

Arturia do great job here exept the DX7 not been updated

• Home Studio
    Home Studio Member Posts: 56 Member

That strange I try reinstall DX7 from he Arturai soft manager but the version is 12/01/2023 and all other V9 collection are from 03/2023... strange.....

• Kymeia

Sounds like a problem with the ASC

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,350 mod

Finally!!! I wait so long for that Dune update.

Not just Rob Papen but also U-he, 2 of my most favorite developers, sadly they will be the last ones to "catch up the train".... U-he maybe did some updates, but they were for MAC only.... even Zebra (the only one updated for Windows) is still non-migrate.

• Kymeia

OK I thought u-he were OK but didn't realise they just fixed it for Mac - I suppose that's because VST3 is pretty much mandatory now on Mac but not on Windows