[v1.6.0] MASCHINE PLUS/MK3/MIKRO MK3 Ableton Live 11 MIDI Remote Script

Options

Comments

• Andres Urdaneta
    Andres Urdaneta Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hey, question:

I just bought the script. I have a Maschine Mikro MK3. I don't have any firmware updates, and my Controller Editor is fully up to date. Mostly the actions that involve the SHIFT button, for example Navigation up/down: SHIFT + ROTATE ENCODER do not work properly

• Vertical navigation (SHIFT + ROTATE ENCODER)
    • "Double The Focused Clip" SHIFT + DUPLICATE. It does nothing.
    • Another issue when creating an Audio Track: GROUP + SHIFT + EMPTY PAD creates a new MIDI TRACK and automatically jumps to focus one of my return tracks. It does not work. And if I were to create a new MIDI TRACK, it's not ideal to automatically jump to a return track.

Pretty much any action that includes the SHIFT button does not work.

Should I see pad color changes if I only press the SHIFT button? There's a SHIFT button section in the docs but I don't seem to be able to quantize or anything

==================

ALL RIGHT -- I think the section where it says USE THE RESTART BUTTON INSTEAD OF SHIFT should be BOLDER and BIGGER

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,902 mod
    Options

Have you had a chance to look at this? I think the AL Api only has one type of "Play" for remote scripts and it's not the one that starts at the marker, but I am not 100% sure.

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 223 Pro
    Options

In my case RESTART act mostly like SHIFT. Bought Script today - gonna test it more in next few days.

• Elton Memishaj
    Elton Memishaj Member Posts: 130 Advisor
    Options

Hello @Andres Urdaneta

Sorry for my late response, I am glad to hear that you figured the issue out!

RESTART physical button is the one to be used for SHIFT operations, due to us not being able to assign any MIDI CC values to the real SHIFT button.

@D-One

I just checked the code of my script. When PLAY is pressed while SHIFT is being pressed too, I stop the playback twice (one to stop and one to move the marker to the beginning) and then directly trigger playback (play). For CTRL + SPACE (start playback where the marker is), I think that might be a feature for the future.

Thanks for the heads up!

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 223 Pro
    Options

Thank you for your amazing work. Merry Christmas ๐ŸŽ

• Elton Memishaj
    Options
  • Zemra
    Zemra Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options
    Hey! Does this script work with Ableton Intro as well? Also, can you use the maschine arpeggiator with this script? If not, is it possible to use the stock arpeggiator from ableton?
  • Elton Memishaj
    Options

Hello,

Yes, it works with any Ableton Edition (but Ableton version must be v11 or above).

You can use the stock/Ableton arpeggiator and trigger notes from the pads of Maschine.

Chords and Arp are features yet to be implemented in future releases of this script.

• TinoTaylor
    TinoTaylor Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options
    Is anyone else having issues with the shift button not working on their maschine mikro mk3? Tried to hold shift and hit the tempo button but it doesn't toggle the metronome.

When I looked in the native instruments control editor it looked like the shift button wasn't responding like the others ๐Ÿค”
  • TinoTaylor
    TinoTaylor Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options
    Ah yh ignore the above. Just saw what others said.
  • Mark Oxley
    Mark Oxley Member Posts: 154 Advisor
    Options

Hi, has the script been tested with live 12 beta? Will it still work the same as in 11 or will it need a major rework? Thinking of buying it for my otherwise redundant micro mk3 but not sure now is the best time with 12 due to launch soon.

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

Hello,

I am sorry for my late reply,

Yes, the script will work on Live 12 as well.

• DominikGX
    DominikGX Member Posts: 25 Member
    edited March 8
    Options

After copying the Remote Script folder to User Library, for Ableton Live Suite 12 ... It appears in my Midi settings. But when I select Maschine MK3 EXT and MK3 CTRL as input and output... there is a bug. When reopening the Midi Settings, they have switched from Unofficial to MK3 EXT in input port mapping....

Can you confirm, the script is working in Live 12? Hope there's help out there...

• DominikGX
    DominikGX Member Posts: 25 Member
    edited March 8
    Options

Got it only working using these settings. Weird. It's buggy as hell, because when choosing Ctrl as input, and selecting Unofficial under input ports and reopening the Midi Settings window, Maschine MK3 EXT Midi got selected. Then I have to select Unofficial again, for it to work out.

Removing Maschine MK3 EXT MIDI again, results in a red highlighted font, informing that the input port EXT is required... okay... so?

• Mitchgeek
    Mitchgeek Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Does this work with Live 12?