[v1.6.0] MASCHINE PLUS/MK3/MIKRO MK3 Ableton Live 11 MIDI Remote Script

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• DominikGX
    DominikGX Member Posts: 25 Member
    Options

It does. But you must select Maschine MK3 EXT MIDI additionally.

• lovedevil
    lovedevil Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I cant seem to get the scripts to recognize midi input and output once copying the folder to User Library in Live 12. Any idea why this might be happening? I've selected Mikro Mk3 Unofficial after copy just for clarifation.

• DominikGX
    DominikGX Member Posts: 25 Member
    Options

WIndows user? You have to copy it into User Library, typically in the Documents of current user.

• lovedevil
    lovedevil Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

thanks that's exactly what I said I did. The problem isnt you it's me though, or rather native instruments. The micro mk3 is actually a brick without purchasing maschine software. Since my hardware code was somehow already registered to another account, the situation seemingly unsolvable due to a proprietary business model that wishes you to own nothing, I took it upon myself to fix the situation using other means.

• gbrown44
    gbrown44 Member Posts: 10 Member
    edited March 16
    Options

This can happen if you purchase a used model and the previous owner chose not to release the license in-order to keep the software. It can also happen if someone purchased a unit from a store, registered, and then returned the unit.

I purchased a few used Mikros before and had that issue. I ended up sending a well enough written email to NI and was issued/given a code for 1 unit and since I had an extra Maschine hardware/software license in my account that was unused the facilitated a way for me to use it with the other used Mikro i'd purchased.

It probably helped that i'd been a registered Maschine user since early on in MK1 - MK3.

• Elton Memishaj
    Elton Memishaj Member Posts: 130 Advisor
    Options

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry for my inactivity lately, I've been very busy with work and family.

Yes, the script works with Live 12.

I am very excited to check out new features of Live 12 and will come up with more ideas for new features for this script.

The development of v1.7.0 release has been paused for some time, I will rearrange what features will go in this release and might exclude the Fixed Velocity, as I cannot seem to implement it, despite of various attempts.

Might as well make an installer for both Windows and MacOS, for an ease of installation, still the MIDI Input/Output need to be manually set in Live's Preferences and Controller Editor to be applied will still be manual.

I will let everyone know for more news!

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 220 Pro
    Options
  • dok.ryconn
    dok.ryconn Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Elton - Thanks for putting in all the work on this script! It is so useful and NI should be paying you a salary because since they completely gave up on controller templates. Sorry if these are reallyy basic questions but I could not find the answer in this thread:

1. Will there ever be a possibility of making use of the MK3 screens? Even if it were just the Ableton status bar text, this would be so helpful. I think the Maschine Mk2 still holds the crown for the best Ableton controller because of the scale, root note, and octave info displayed on the controller screen with the NI Ableton template.
    2. If it's not possible to code the script to show the Status Bar text, Might it be possible to have the note values change based on the changes the scale, root note, and octave on the right-side screen while in Keyboard mode?

I just really miss the pad mode navigation functionality of the original NI (official) Ableton Live remote script for the Maschine Mk2 and wish I could see it replicated in someway on the Mk3.

Thanks again!

• Elton Memishaj
    Elton Memishaj Member Posts: 130 Advisor
    Options

Hello!

Thank you for the kind appreciation towards my work!

Unfortunately, the use of screens needs a complete rewrite of the script, to use new protocols or ways of accessing the MK3 screens.

The notes already get updated if you change the scale and/or root note in Live, but the screens cannot reflect the new notes. It will stay always the same note as it is shown in the Controller Editor template.

Great idea, though, I will have to think about if I would start to research more and consider to create a script for MK3 with screens and all the buttons, etc.

Thanks!