[v1.6.0] MASCHINE PLUS/MK3/MIKRO MK3 Ableton Live 11 MIDI Remote Script

Options

Comments

• jolly Dodger
    jolly Dodger Member Posts: 55 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

I'm looking for a solution of having a Ableton Machine plus as a control Surface, but just for midi pads while using the Maschine plugin inside Live.

Or maybe I'm doing something wrong. I seem to only be able to have the midi in from the m+ or midi playing after being recorded from live -using the 'midi from' dropdown. but not both together. So I can play pads into Ableton, and then use the m+ as a controller with the Maschine plugin. (so Maschine is a sound module)

Will this script solve this - I seams to be aimed for those not wanting to use the Maschine plugin inside live? Can't I just map the pads?

• LaHagans
    LaHagans Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
    edited July 2023
    Options

I bought this today and it is not working. I have a Mac M1. The installation tips are for Windows. I imagine that the tips aren't any different as far installation goes. I copied and pasted the file into my Ableton contents folder and it is still not working.

• Elton Memishaj
    Elton Memishaj Member Posts: 130 Advisor
    Options

Hello,

You do not need this script for using Machine as a plugin, mostly for drum pads.

You can integrate Live's Drum Rack with 16 sounds of Maschine but that will require some routing and the Maschine plugin/vst being loaded. There are a lot of YouTube guide videos for this scenario.

This script, however, offers a lot of functionalities, which does not require Maschine to be loaded as a plugin.

Best!

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced issues with the script.

Thank you for your detailed information and screenshot!

I noticed that you have copied the whole folder (zip extract) in MIDI Remote Scripts. Please copy only the Mikro_Mk3_Unofficial_v160 one (which is a nested folder of what you've copied so far).

Restart Live and it should show up in the Control Surface dropdown.

Additionally, please follow this YouTube video for the complete guide in MacOS:

https://youtu.be/1dPlGX71XDw

Best,

Elton

• LaHagans
    LaHagans Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
    edited July 2023
    Options

The steps you provided worked successfully! Thank you so much for your assistance.

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

I am glad to hear that you have solved the issue! Thank you for letting me know about it!

Best!

• MacStraubing
    MacStraubing Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hello,

I just bought the script and installed it.

It is not working.

I have the Mikro MK3 Unoficial in the list of midi in ableton but the fields in and out are empty...

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

Hello,

It looks like you are missing or have outdated drivers for your hardware.

Please reinstall Maschine software, as it will reinstall all up-to-date drivers.

Restart Live 11 and it should show up in Input & Output dropdown menus.

• MacStraubing
    MacStraubing Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

Hello Elton !

Thank you for your help !

All is ok now, your script is fire !💥

Have a nice day !

Bertrand

• gbrown44
    gbrown44 Member Posts: 10 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

For anyone still having problems with this make sure that you check everything in Elton's installation document. It's not a lot to look at however, you need to be meticulous about it. My problem had to do with the User directory.

At some point I changed my default user directory location to a secondary drive. I still had the default directory but Ableton was not looking at it. Once I verified the location in Ableton (Options | Preferences | Library tab | Content Location), I created a Remote Script folder there and copied the script folder to it. This allowed me finally get this working.

• Elton Memishaj
    Options
  • Elton Memishaj
    Options

Thanks a lot!

The installation steps are straight-forward. I might have to consider simplifying the installation in the future, so it can be easier. Possibly a Q&A or FAQ would be a good idea too.

• gbrown44
    gbrown44 Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

you’re right, they are pretty straight forward. it certainly shouldn’t have taken as long to get it working. I kind of set it down. I have my MK3 on my Windows desktop, but I have setup on a MacPro in the bedroom. The template is great. I appreciate you!

• Elton Memishaj
    Options
  • janpeeters
    janpeeters Member Posts: 19 Member
    Options

Hi @Elton Memishaj thanks a lot for developing this awesome script. That's a lot of work!

I purchased it instantly after I discovered it. Finally my MK3 is usable in a intuitive way with Live.

In this thread I read a lot of great plans and ideas for a version 1.7. I also read that work and (family) health issues delayed your work on a new version. Rightly so, work, health and family have priority.

But, I got curious about in what phase of development a next version is? Are you still able to work on it? And if so, what do you expect regarding a release of 1.7? (I know that predictions are tricky, something might come in between).

Thanks again, Jan