[v1.6.0] MASCHINE PLUS/MK3/MIKRO MK3 Ableton Live 11 MIDI Remote Script

Options

Comments

• Elton Memishaj
    Elton Memishaj Member Posts: 130 Advisor
    Options

Hello,

I appreciate all your kind words and excitement for future releases of this script!

I've paused the development several times during the last year or more, due to career changing and unfortunate events, sadly.

I would say a big blocker is the Fixed Velocity must-have feature that I was focused on it more than I should, for the v1.7.0 release.

I've had some ideas for new features and abandoned (or possibly postponed) some of them, such as a new mode "RACK" to control device macros via the jog wheel in MIKRO, etc. I used to have a clear roadmap, but it changed in different ways.

I hope to come with more news soon during this year and I hope to be back on track with more updates, as it is been a while :(

Sincerely,

Elton

• paQ
    paQ Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello. A question regarding the script. Do have aftertouch function when using note-repeat on drum-racks? That is, once the pad is pressed, can I add or remove pressure while I am recording so that the repetitions of the notes are recorded at different velocities/volumes?

P.D: The macro rack mode would be incredible, with auto mapping in maschine mk3 (not mikro) to the knobs, when changing channels.

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

Hello,

The aftertouch is supported for note-repeat. You can add or remove pressure on the pads and it will be recorded at different velocities, as you described.

• jimjamboomerang
    jimjamboomerang Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Hi Elton, I've just bought the script and set it up successfully as a controller surface in Ableton and as a template in Controller Editor.

Unfortunately, nothing seems to work correctly

Using the knob for tempo only brings tempo downwards

Using the knob for key, changes it OCTAVE C-2 to Major and then can't be moved

I cant toggle session view

I have to press any controls twice before they register (double click to play etc)

Multiple other issues

Mac Mini M1, Maschine Mikro MK3, Ableton 11.3

Any ideas?

Thanks

• jimjamboomerang
    jimjamboomerang Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

OK it seems if you use the Maschine plugin on a MIDI track, then it blocks everything else working, even with the MK3 in MIDI mode - killed that track from my default template and it works flawlessly.

Any idea if theres a workaround for this?

Thanks again

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

Hello,

Loading Maschine vst shouldn't interfere, if the hardware goes to "maschine mode", you can put it back to MIDI Mode and the script will work again (I understand you did just that, but still blocked by the maschine plugin track). It is a strange behavior that I couldn't reproduce. My default template indeed has a Maschine plugin loaded for drums, but I can use the script without any problems.

I will take notes of this issue and will try to figure it out and possibly to come with a fix for the next release.

Thanks!

• ozark2001
    ozark2001 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hi,

is there any way to Start Playback from where the last cursor position is?

In Ableton, the key command is CTRL+SPACE.

Any way in Controller Editor to make that the default behaviour for pressing PLAY?

Otherwise, being able to move the cursor around with the jogwheel in arrangement view is great, but pointless... ;)

• paQ
    paQ Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

There is a program called Bome Midi Translator, which allows you to send keyboard commands from a MIDI instrument. I tried it a while ago with other devices and it worked, the problem is that Windows does not allow the same MIDI device to be used across different programs at the same time, something that may be solved by using an additional program (loopMIDI, midiox) that acts as a virtual MIDI port.

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

As far as I remember, the PLAY button (without RESTART + PLAY) starts playback from where the cursor position is.

I will try to check and verify it.

• OSKD
    OSKD Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

Hi @Elton Memishaj I’m gonna buy your script, I have just one question: is it possible to switch from Midi Mode and Maschine mode in Live 11? In other words, can you use the Mikro with Maschine plugin and as a Live controller flawlessly inside the same project just by switching the mode? Thank you in advance

• OSKD
    OSKD Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

Is this project still active?

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

Hello,

Yes, you can switch from MIDI Mode to "Maschine" mode at anytime while in your Live Set.

My personal workflow is something similar, where I switch to Maschine mode for controlling Maschine VST to browse sounds, etc.

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

Yes, the project is active and in development. It might be split into two projects in the future, but I am yet to rethink that soon.

• kamikaze1980
    kamikaze1980 Member Posts: 22 Member
    Options

Works great! Currently using on windows 11 Ableton Live 12 beta with no issues.