[v1.6.0] MASCHINE PLUS/MK3/MIKRO MK3 Ableton Live 11 MIDI Remote Script

Options

Comments

• gianluca aliberti
    gianluca aliberti Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

acquistato, installato correttamente, davvero un ottimo lavoro, spero che ci sia qualche funzione per le manopole mk3 in futuro

• Elton Memishaj
    Elton Memishaj Member Posts: 130 Advisor
    Options

Hello!

The encoders do not map automatically in this script (a feature to be added in the future for MK3/PLUS), although the solution you provided is effective, to use UserPreferences.txt (thank you about that).

I've been using this file for my Komplete Kontrol A25 keyboard to auto-map macros to the 8x knobs and it works very well.

I will let everyone know about new updates and features soon!

• CorduroyBilly
    CorduroyBilly Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I came here from the SK8z YouTube page and I then purchased this template. Looking forward to where this is headed. I’m not spending $1000-2000 on a Push 3, I’m just not. I’m a rock with this MK3 until the proverbial wheels fall off, lol… Thank you for this!

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

I appreciate your kind words!

MASCHINE MK3/PLUS/MIKRO continue to be solid hardware and always satisfies us, producers!

• Symian
    Symian Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Just wanna say that this is fantastic work, you managed to squeeze more functionality out of the maschine hardware in ableton than n.i. ever managed in all the years of development they had available to them.. kudos...

• gbrown44
    gbrown44 Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

I cannot get this to work on my Windows 11 machine. I've copied the folders into the proper folder underneath "C:\ProgramData" and mirrored the settings in Ableton's preferences from the instructions...

• Elton Memishaj
    Options
  • Elton Memishaj
    Options

Hello gbrown44!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with the script.

Please consider placing the script folder ("Mikro_Mk3_Unofficial_v160") under your Live's "User Library -> Remote Scripts" folder (mentioned in the instructions).

If "Remote Scripts" folder doesn't exist in "User Library" of Live's, please create a new folder named "Remote Scripts" there, and then place "Mikro_Mk3_Unofficial_v160" folder (included in the zip file when you download the product from Gumroad).

Restart Live and select the script from Live's Preferences.

Please let me know if this solves your issue,

Elton

• gbrown44
    Options

Hey Elton... I actually have the file folder there:

C:\ProgramData\Ableton\Live 11 Suite\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts

and here:

C:\Users\gerry\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live 11.3.3\Preferences\User Remote Scripts

I don't feel like i've missed a thing, I could have but to me the process is simple enough to follow. In Ableton the script actually shows in the list. I've selected it and chose the MK3 Ctrl in and out under the remote section. I've checked all the boxes. I can run the MK3 as a remote device in Studio One, so I know the problem right now isn't driver related. I also feel that at some point in time I was able to use the NI created Script in Ableton.

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

Hello,

I apologize for getting back to you so late,

Does the script shows, in Session View, a square outlined box to indicate the active selection area for clip launching (need to check is script is loaded successfully).

Please check if the Controller Editor template is applied and selected while in MIDI Mode in your hardware.

Please let me know,

Elton

• gbrown44
    Options

No problem on the late response. Life is happening for us all. The template does show on Maschine. Doesn't appear to have any problems. In all honesty i don't get why it's not responding in Ableton. It shows in the remote devices list, i've selected it, and applied the vitural CTRL settings.

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

Does the pads light up when focusing on a track in Live that has DrumRack with sounds for example (while in PAD mode/PAD button in hardware)?

Make sure the hardware is in MIDI Mode when you use it with Live with this script.

• gbrown44
    Options

Trust me, i understand Maschine's basics. I've been using it since the MK1 was FIRST released. The template is set. I can select it within Controller Editor and VIA the hardware. There is absolutely no visual response within an opened track on the device. If I press a pad it is sending note data but nothing from the tansport buttons and the visual feedback is simply not there.

• Elton Memishaj
    Options

I agree with you and I am trying my best to help solving this issue together and understanding what is causing it. In the end, I will provide you full refund if we don't manage to solve the issue.

Could you please let me know what ports are selected in Input and Output of Live's Preferences, as there might be multiple options for the hardware, i.e.: containing "DAW" in the label, etc (DAW shouldn't be selected for this script).

• gbrown44
    Options

When i get home from work today i'll attach a screenshot.