[v1.6.0] MASCHINE PLUS/MK3/MIKRO MK3 Ableton Live 11 MIDI Remote Script

Comments

• danwade/
    danwade/ Member Posts: 3 Member

Unfortunately, I've tried to get the script running on OS X with Maschine MK3 quite a few times with no success. Maybe this just works for Windows? Anyone else have problems? I'm out $30 where I was excited to support an engineer who developed something cool. Ableton and Maschine integration is such a pita. sigh.

Config Editor - pads aren't mapping properly. In midi mode, with Drum Rack loaded, they don't even light up. When you hit the pads, they do register- but on the wrong notes (2 octaves above).

All the other functionality is not working. Copied the whole folder for remote scripts. On OS X the folder for remote scripts is located in a different spot than the manual. Appreciate any help on the MAC side if anyone figured this out. That said, glad I have a launch key coming in soon.

• Elton Memishaj
    Elton Memishaj Member Posts: 130 Advisor

Hello,

Please try to reinstall Maschine Software as it will reinstall the drivers for your hardware.

Then restart Live and your hardware should show up in MIDI IN/OUT dropdowns.

If this doesn't fix the issue, please use a different USB port and/or cable.

• Elton Memishaj
    edited March 2023

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the script.

This script works on both Windows and MacOS.

Please consider watching the video (for MacOS) about the installation, found in this thread's first post, under "Special Thanks" section.

If your issue isn't solved, I will refund you fully.

Edit: Lighting issues could also relate to USB port and/or cable.

Please let me know :)

• peterxyu22
    peterxyu22 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Moderate noob here for Ableton-- downloaded the script and followed the installation guide, but it is not an available option to select under my control surface. Any ideas?

• Elton Memishaj

Hello,

Please download the latest version zip (v160) of the script and extract it.

Then, open the folder of zip extract, there should be a folder named "Mikro_Mk3_Unofficial_v160" inside it.

Copy this folder and Paste it to "<Your Ableton User Library>\Remote Scripts".

If the "Remote Scripts" folder does not exist, please create one with "Remote Scripts" as the folder name, and then Paste "Mikro_Mk3_Unofficial_v160" folder into it.

Restart Live 11 and it should show up in the Control Surface dropdown options.

Please let me know if this solves your issue,

Elton

• Styles01
    Styles01 Member Posts: 27 Member
    edited March 2023

So none of this solves my problem. If I'm in ableton and i want to pop out of this template temporarily (let's say to quickly have direct pad/channel access for a drum kit) - I can't - because there's no way to flip OUT of the template using the hardware. For some reason, only with this script, the shift button is totally disabled from affecting the template selection. Sure, I can go into the controller editor and choose another template, but why can't I switch OUT of this template using the native mechanism? This functionality worked for the NI-LIVE script template on the MK2, for example. Oh, and I can confirm this problem exists both on the MK3 and the Maschine+. I have since upgraded from one to the other.

• Styles01
    Styles01 Member Posts: 27 Member

Update: I have now solved this. Perhaps it was a misreading of @Waxandpads et al's explanations. You need the SCRIPT TEMPLATE (i.e @Elton Memishaj 's template) to have a Knob page. That unlocks the template swap functionality.

So, @Elton Memishaj - if I may make a suggestion for V1.7 - perhaps you can enable that knob page by default in your next update, to fix that bug.

Thx.

For anyone else in the meantime, make sure to go into the template in Controller Editor, and for THIS template, create that knob page.

• jgpowers1
    jgpowers1 Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi there,

I purchased your script this morning but am having trouble with Ableton recognizing it. It comes up in the control surface but not in the input and output. I put it in the right folder under "user library" but it still doesn't seem to work. I made sure it was the same folder in preferences as well but still no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

jp

• jgpowers1

I found the solution on the form by reinstalling the maschine software. everything seems to work except anything that needs to have shift pressed first. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks again. It's very cool. I appreciate all the work you put into it. Looking forward to having all functions work.

jp

• jgpowers1

ok, enough out of me. i figured it out by replacing shift with restart. its all working. Thanks for all your hard work!

jp

• Cadian
    Cadian Member Posts: 7 Member

When the Maschine is in midi mode, the shift button is reserved exclusively for switching in and out of midi mode, so any shift functions with this script you need to use the restart/loop button 😁 hope you get it sorted, I've found it extremely useful for both maschine mikro and maschine+

• Cadian
    Cadian Member Posts: 7 Member
  • danwade/
    danwade/ Member Posts: 3 Member

I got it working, Basic gist is that there's a few more steps for MAC that I followed from the vid that weren't in the manual (remote script location). Amazing script and it works very well. Finally a happy customer. Thanks!!!

• Elton Memishaj
    edited March 2023

I am so glad to hear that you have solved your issue and thank you so much for letting me know about it!

Indeed, for MacOS the remote script full/absolute path is different, but it should be similar to Windows, relative to user's "User Library" path.

• Simply Seb
    Simply Seb Member Posts: 2 Member

Thanks! Seems to work so far, one minor issue ist that the colors from ableton tracks don't match the maschine pad colors.

But is there any reson why the encoders don't automap to the ableton 8 potis ? This seems quite easy to achieve by simply using the userpreferences.txt for other controlers? Is there any possibility to achieve this here?