[NKS] Freelance Soundlabs 3rd Party NKS Libraries for Komplete Kontrol / Maschine

Options

Comments

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,625 Expert
    Options

I don’t see an issue my end, can you PM me since it seems an issue with something on your end, it’s usually a cached page issue and clearing the cache of the browser usually fixes the issue or trying another browser will also work. Safari I know can have issues sometimes but PM me and should be able to get you going somehow.

• JesterMgee
    Options

Update: Tone2 RayBlaster VST3 Update

RayBlaster is now updated to VST3 and also has updates to the library to include an additional 40 presets that come with the latest 2.5 update and a bit of an update to the controller template.

Note that with most of the Tone2 VST3 updates there are now separate libraries for Mac and PC due to a bit of an "issue" with their plugins where the developer has, for some reason, set a different PluginID for PC and Mac making it impossible to migrate between PC and Mac (also meaning Maschine or other DAW projects created on PC/Mac cannot be opened by the other OS). This issue may have been overlooked in some initial library conversions so if you are a mac user that downloaded a Tone2 VST3 compatible update and it still did not work for you, contact me if you are unable to resolve this issue.

• JesterMgee
    Options

Update: WA Production Babylon VST3 Update

Babylon update to VST3. Seems the presets do "migrate" and will launch the VST3 version of the plugin but controls need updating so this now includes an updated template for VST3 but is the same library for VST2/3 versions

• JesterMgee
    edited August 2023
    Options

The issue of being logged out should (hopefully) be fixed now. It's been a long running issue but has been very random and hard to pin down. It seemed to be a cache issue but was tracked down to be a script issue with a plugin that was no longer needed in the system so i've removed it and seems to have resolved the issue but wont really know until it's been in wider use for a bit, just hope it finally fixes this little frustration.

• TallerThanPenguins
    TallerThanPenguins Member Posts: 25 Member
    Options

@JesterMgee Just to confirm here - for coverage of SampleTank 4 Max (as part of Total Studio 4) one needs to purchase both the SampleTank 4 Max Factory PLUS the Expansion Content, correct?

(I do understand this does not contain the additional libraries added between Total Studio 3.5 and 4).

• JesterMgee
    Options

Yes if you have total studio you need both, one is the main library banks, the other is the expansion content in Total Studio. Eventually I should have the extra stuff from the V4 update, but IK are a little off with pricing and I purchased the whole total studio 3.5 for less than they want for the update to v4 since it was on sale.

• JesterMgee
    Options

Update: WA Production Imperfect VST3

WA Production Imperfect has been updated to VST3 compatibility. This update also adds an additional 80+ presets and now offers a NKS library for 100% GUI size and 200% GUI size since the size of the GUI is saved with each preset (annoyingly) you can now install the version that best suits your screen size.

• JesterMgee
    Options

Update: Plugin Boutique VirtualCZ VST3 Compatibility

Update available for the VirtualCZ library for VST3 support.

Also a bit of a template update to make it a little more usable and sound previews have also been updated to address some incorrectly rendered sounds.

• JesterMgee
    Options

Update: Sonic Academy / Slate Digital A.N.A 2 VST3 Update

All the Sonic Academy / Slate Digital content for ANA2 has been upgraded for VST3 compatibility.

A new controller map has also been created that now covers most parameters over 40 pages and improves on some of the layout to allow better access to the most common controls. Effects control parameters are now also included which should open it up a bit more for the users relying on accessibility.

NOTE that NKS is available for the Sonic Academy Volume 1-6 for the expansion content currently and no immediate plans to offer support for later expansions unless highly requested due to the cost of expansions. Get in touch if you want NKS for additional expansions.

ANA 1 is no longer supported and does not offer VST3

• James Steele
    James Steele Member Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Hey Jason... was wondering if you had plans to support Cherry Audio Harmonia that was just released recently? I figure you're probably working on it already.

• JesterMgee
    Options

Yep, will be done soon, prob this week.

• James Steele
    James Steele Member Posts: 42 Member
    Options
  • JesterMgee
    edited September 2023
    Options

Update: Soundspot Union NKS Library VST3 Update

Update now available for Soundspot Union for VST3.

Union will automatically migrate the sound from VST2 to VST3 so old projects will load the VST3 version however mapped controls do not function and need to be re-mapped. In my testing I found switching NKS presets using the VST3 migration would also sometimes cause a crash so I decided to completely re-process the presets using VST3 and a new controller map and this seems to be much more stable.

Updated version will launch only the VST3 plugin direct with VST2 supported using the older library. An additional expansion library is now also available "Lead 2"

Union is currently on sale at Plugin Boutique for 88% off

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/4-Synth/5824-Union?refSrc=10435&nosto=productpage-nosto-2

In my list of NKS libraries there are only a couple more left to migrate to VST3 compatibility (thank god!), all other libraries still on the "VST2 only" list (found on the first page of this thread) do not have VST3 versions available (Air Music, Sonivix etc). A reminder for macOS users to make sure to check if a VST3 plugin is actually M1 compatible. There is still some confusion around the fact VST3 support does not automatically mean it works on Apple Silicon systems. VST3 is required for Apple Silicon systems but still needs to be made compatible by the developer so be sure to check if a plugin is Apple Silicon compatible before assuming the NKS library will work.

• paulyminogue
    paulyminogue Member Posts: 70 Member
    Options

Hey Jason, thanks for your Amazing work!

That means for Lethal Audio and VPS Avenger there will be an Update or?

And do you ever had Contact with the Nexus Guys? Its still not supported. But maybe they are Working on there Massive Collection too...

Greetings!

• JesterMgee
    Options

Lethal Audio: there is no VST3 version but I was sent a beta from them, it had issues which they need to fix before I can make an update.

Avenger: I tested their VST3 and it was so buggy, caused both Maschine and Komplete Kontrol to crash when ARP was used, reported to NI who confirmed, VPS never even replied to me which is pretty typical of them.

Nexus use to have support, they removed it for Nexus 4 either because it was never official and were asked to by NI or they just don’t want to support it. I have NKS which still works with VST2 but there is just too many expansions and honestly, it use to be popular but being just a romper many have moved on so due to cost I can’t invest in the additional 30 expansions since I purchased the bundle 3 years ago for Nexus 2/3. I may contact the dev but having worked with him for a bit I already know his thoughts on NKS…