[NKS] Freelance Soundlabs 3rd Party NKS Libraries for Komplete Kontrol / Maschine

Comments

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,596 Expert

Update Available: D16 Phoscyon 2 VST3 Update

This one has been updated to VST3 compatibility, it was resonably easy so this is available as a free update, just download the latest library from your user area.

Currently this is the only D16 plugin to offer VST3 support. If/When others are updated I will look at updating them too but it's been pretty quiet from D16 lately, hopefully they are hard at work updating everything for VST3.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,738 mod

Thanks but I just tried it and it's still telling me to migrate - maybe the files on the sever are not updated?

• JesterMgee

Is Phoscyon 2 actually M1 compatible?

The zip that has the VST3 library in it def opens VST3 on my PC and my mac, but not sure it is M1 compatible still, just the only plugin they have that offers a VST3 plugin and I actually updated this library months ago but have been waiting on word of more updates from them but it's been pretty quiet

• JesterMgee
    edited June 2023

Well, it says on hte D16 page it should be Apple Silicon compatible and the files are def updated to VST3 and load the VST3 plugin on my system. Can you check in the properties of the files if it has VST3 stated in the notes:

Def loading this end:

If everything checks out, save out a preset and attach it here so I can see if there is any differences that could be causing a hissy fit

• Kymeia

Yes it is M1 compatible and I can load it from the plugin menu fine, just not from the NKS

• Kymeia

OK just tried in Rosetta - it is loading the VST2 not VST3. On the downloads page in my user account it states 'Download includes VST2 and VST3 compatible libraries' but when I unzip it I can only see one set of presets (which I now know are for the VST2)

• Kymeia

Have you any idea if it would be possible to convert the Modular NKS library to VST3? It looks like each patch has a different template, obviously each patch is essentially a different instrument as is the case with modulars. So I'm not inclined to even attempt to convert them by hand as I did with Softube Heartbeat and FX. But if there was some sort of scripted method to convert the files that might be the only option as I don't think Softube are particularly bothered about NKS any more.

• JesterMgee

Ah, yeah this was my mistake, the old zip was still being referenced, try download again and you should find now a separate VST2/3 zipped library which should work now.

It can be possible in some cases to update VST2 to VST3, it is a lot more involved than just changing the plugin ID number but I ahve managed to make it work for several llibraries. However it does not always work and for some reason, Softube libraries are one of those cases where it does not work.

I cannot find out the reason why but some presets work when updated but others do not so I ahve had to re-export all presets using VST3. Issue will be tho, even if they work the IDs for the controls are all different so you would have to remap every preset anyway since there is no simple fix for that. It's why it's taking so long to update every library because some have to just be reprocessed again, I then just migrate all the tagging over from the old library to the new files to at least save some time there.

• Kymeia

Thanks working now. Looks like unless Softube do implement migration then the Modular NKS are pretty much defunct (I don't think they have kept them updated with the latest additions anyway)

• JesterMgee

Seems they use the same underlying system for all their plugins because in my tests every single one acts the same way in regards to upgrading from VST2 to VST3.

• Kymeia

Chat GPT??

• JesterMgee
  • JesterMgee

Air Music Jura & Mini D NKS Library

Libraries are available with both VST2 and VST3 versions.

Full detailed tagging, sound previews and a detailed controller map (refer to readme for controller reference list).

• TallerThanPenguins
    TallerThanPenguins Member Posts: 20 Member

For the record would love to see the expansions for this included - but in the meantime I bought anyway. Thanks!

• JesterMgee

I will look into the expansions and ask the dev. It will depend if the expansions rely on additional sample content or registration of the expansion requiring the installation of the original expansion to work because expansions sometimes are just additional presets grouped into new packs and NKS is basically making a copy of those which makes it possible in some cases to use NKS libraries without owning the actual library, and that is a copyright issue so in each case I need to check with the developer if they allow this.