[NKS] Freelance Soundlabs 3rd Party NKS Libraries for Komplete Kontrol / Maschine

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,728 mod

Spire VST3 crashed so much for me I was unable to complete a template

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,579 Expert
    edited March 2023

Yeah I have managed to actually make the whole library in the latest Beta of KK just fine and it "works" (in KK) but far from reliably.

Maschine it does not load the sound at all and throws this error after several attempts to load presets:

And even in KK or just testing in Ableton Live without NKS at all, save a preset and recall and it does not update the GUI elements, just loads the preset sound without the GUI updating and then every parameter is completely blank, no status of values fed back from the plugin.

VST2 is fine, it works and recalls without issue but I am not interested to do VST2 libraries anymore.

Anyway, I am back and forth with Reveal Sound sending videos of the issues and detailed reports, from my searching I see numerous people have similar issues with crash/recall issues and considering they only just released the VST3 version it seems they have some serious work still left to do for it to be reliable so it's on hold until I have word they have addressed some of these problems.

• Kymeia

That makes me think the crashes on my system are bugs with their Apple Silicon compatibility then rather than the VST3 per se.

• Kymeia
    edited March 2023

These are great, kudos for being able to add more params than just the macros and also making each instrument a separate item. However for some reason even though I own it and have it installed Dark Planet isn't showing either as a separate instrument or under Halion 7 (Oh I see it's not ready yet - I was thrown off by it being added to the image/database files so assumed it should be there).

• JesterMgee

Yeah the content included is for Halion 7 since not all users own the Absolute bundle so there will be a separate library for thje additional libraries in the Absolute bundle. The images are included in the H7 library just because it is simpler to have all that installed first and then just issue the NKS library.

There are a few libraries from Absolute I ahve not yet done since I was focused to get Halion 7 suported first and just make sure from feedback that it is working for people before I dve in and get everything else done since it's a rather cumbersome and long process to do these ones correctly thanks to Steinberg not making the best of plugins.

• JesterMgee

Initial Audio VST3 Updates

All initial audio libraries have been updated to support VST3 and should now work on Apple Silicon.

You can find updates / update paths in your account from the My Download section

• JesterMgee

TAL Audio Updates

There are now updates for TAL Bassline, U-NO-LX, Sampler and J-8 to add support for VST3 and update some controller mappings. These are all free updates for people that own these libraries, please see below for changes that affect each plugin and you can get these updates from the My Download area

TAL Bassline

This plugin supports preset "Migration" so the current NKS library will work with the VST2 or VST3 plugin. If you have both VST2/3 installed VST2 will be used, otherwise if you only have VST3 installed it should automatically work. Updates for this library are optional:

• Updated/Fixed controller template adding a few missing parameters and re-label some controls
    • Fixed missing database file for plugin display name when loaded. If you notice the main plugin image on the top ribbon missing when loaded, the included dist_database folder will fix this. Just merge with existing folder overwriting existing files (do not choose to replace the dist_database or image folders you mac users...)

TAL Sampler

This plugin supports preset "Migration" so the current NKS library will work with the VST2 or VST3 plugin. If you have both VST2/3 installed VST2 will be used, otherwise if you only have VST3 installed it should automatically work. There is not actually any library update for this one as it is not required and there is nothing that needs fixing.

TAL-U-NO-LX

This plugin supports preset "Migration" so the current NKS library will work with the VST2 or VST3 plugin. If you have both VST2/3 installed VST2 will be used, otherwise if you only have VST3 installed it should automatically work. Updates for this library are optional:

• Updated and improved controller template. SOme parameters have been moved and prioritised better.

TAL J-8

This plugin does not support VST migration so a new VST3 library has been created. If you need to use TAL J-8 with VST3 you will need to download the latest VST3 library version from Here

• JesterMgee

Cherry Audio Mercury-6 NKS Library

Latest Cherry Audio Mercury-6 instrument now NKS. It's a pretty hefty plugin with 2 layers of controls but most of this has been mapped and grouped logically to control almost all parts of the synth. Library is fully tagged, includes sound previews and also image and database files for your NKS browser.

• Kymeia

I presume this is VST3 now?

• JesterMgee

Yep, will say on each page if it supports VST2 / 3 or both

Unless there is a good reason, most libraries will be released as VST3. Exception is things such as UVI which will work on VST2 or 3 as long as it is created using VST2 plugin version. If it is done using VST3 then cannot support VST2 so in these cases, it will support whatever is installed.

• JesterMgee
    edited March 2023

Reveal Sound Spire VST3 NKS Library

NKS library for Reveal Sound Spire VST3.

I have managed to get this working on my 2 systems but needed some changes under the hood and may need to wait until Komplete Kontrol 2.9 is available but keen to see if this is working for others so see if the demo works for you.

The latest VST3 version of Spire definatelly has some quirks and issues which I have been reporting through and I think some things are more stable in the very latest Beta release of Spire but there are some things to note so please read...

Firstly, from my tests on Windows 10/11 in both Maschine and Komplete Kontrol I have no issues selecting presets and controlling the plugin but have noted Spire may occasioanlly crash on loading a preset.

When loading NKS presets the sound is loaded correctly and the Komplete Kontrol parameters update correctly BUT the controls on the Spire GUI do not update to reflect the change until you move a control in Komplete Kontrol. This has been reported to Reveal Sound so they are aware of this but if you also have this issue I would suggest posting a bug also.

None of the parameters in KK show any value from Spire, all parameters are blank when you touch them but they do show the correct position. Reveal Sound are also aware of this and are currently trying to address this as it is not specific to Komplete Kontrol but also when used within a DAW.

Lastly, Spire stores and recalls the GUI template/size settings with presets (which is a bit stupid to do TBH) so when presets are loaded they will be 150% Default Theme. I can update this (tho it will take a full day to do) but I have written to Reveal Sound and asked if we can please have the option to NOT load GUI settings from saved presets/projects because most plugins have this as a global option and not stored with a project since if you upgrade a system or switch between different systems it messes with things. When I am confident the library works on PC and Mac I will create some additional dark options and also 200% options but that needs a whole new library created.

So a these issues are all plugin based and hopefully will be addressed as none of these are found in the VST2 version of the plugin but the core loading of presets and control seems fine.

• Kymeia

Thanks does this include all the factory banks?

• JesterMgee
    edited March 2023

Just the factory library that comes with Spire for now, will look into the additional banks once I know it’s working for people. I have these free banks from Spire to add:

If there are any others let me know

• JesterMgee

Halion 7 FM Lab Volume Fix

There is a fix available for the FM Lab instrument library for Halion 7. The volume level setting for al presets was set to -12db and this has been corrected.

The full library has been updated but there is also a downloadable update just for the FM Lab library in your account to save having to download the whole 800MB+ library for this 1 small fix.

Download the fix here:

https://freelancesoundlabs.com/index.php/component/k2/item/452

• JesterMgee
    edited March 2023

Halion 7 Absolute 6 Instruments NKS Library Now Available

The additional libraries included with the Absolute 6 bundle for Halion 7 are now available. These libraries create separate instruments within the NKS browser and also have in-depth control mappings for each instrument.

The following instruments are included:

• Amped Elektra
    • Dark Planet
    • Electric Bass
    • HALion Symphonic Orchestra
    • Hypnotic Dance
    • Lo-Fi Piano
    • Olympus Choir
    • Triebwerk
    • Trium

*Note: Lo-Fi piano is not actually included with Absolute 6 but is a free library available from Steinberg to add to your account. Once added and installed this library will work.

If I have overlooked anything let me know because the way Steinberg list their content and libraries it is difficult to know what is for what plugin so I believe this covers everything but of course if it does not, I will issue an update.