Any update on Sonoma support - it's been 5 months since it was released.

felipeazucares
felipeazucares Member Posts: 26 Member

Sonoma came out in September last year and it's almost February. I know NI have a lot of products to check, but the betas are available well before the final release - can't believe that it seems to take so long for them to support latest versions of MacOS.

Comments

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,009 Expert

can't believe that it seems to take so long for them to support latest versions of MacOS.

It's tradition here at NI.

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 369 Pro
    edited January 30

A sad tradition, I understand a few month of delay before compliance (like with other plugin companies) but this? When NI will be ready, Apple will release next version of OS and the merry-go-round will start again. 🤣🤣🤣

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,825 Pro
    edited January 30

NI: releases the support for Mac OS Sonoma.

Apple: Releases the brand new version at the same time.

5 years later...

NI: releases the support to that 'brand new' version.

Apple:

I w i l l f * * * i n g d o i t a g a i n .

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 369 Pro

Yes, they WILL do it again.

Plugin vendors who want to develop on Apple platform need to make peace with it and provide compatibility PROMPTLY or stop developing for Mac at all.

Approx. 50% of NI user base is on Mac…

Treating Mac as a PC, where compatibility is a given leads to pain and suffering for developers and is a path to dark side of the force 🤣

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,825 Pro

Well...they are currently suffering from mental health issues and from a well know Chinese disease called Emotional Damage. (joke)