Any update on Sonoma support - it's been 5 months since it was released.

Options

Comments

• eratyptin
    eratyptin Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

@Jeremy_NI Any update on Sonoma compatibility availability for Maschine Mk3 and Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk 2? Not seeing those on the official Sonoma compatibility page. Any ETA on those?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Options

@eratyptin For the Komplete Kontrol mk2, I'm not sure, there was nothing reported regarding Sonoma, since the Komplete Kontrol plug-in is supported I imagine the MK2 is too and we'll update the compatibility article. It is different for the Kontrol MK3 as there's still an issue standing in the way.

Regarding Maschine, the next update of the Maschine (2.18) will bring official Sonoma compatibility along with the Maschine MK3 and other supported Maschine controllers.

• eratyptin
    Options

That’s good news! Any estimated time on Maschine 2.18 that we can expect?

• Dj Debias
    Dj Debias Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Perhaps when people start leaving NI platform they will take notice.

• eratyptin
    Options

@Jeremy_NI @Matthew_NI Any estimated time on Maschine 2.18 that contains Sonoma compatibility that we can expect? Know you guys are probably busy, but just looking for a ballpark estimation.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@eratyptin Hopefully by the end of this week, if nothing comes in the way, so please take this this with a little grain of salt.

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 529 Pro
    edited April 23
    Options

Perhaps the kind of customers that can't be patient enough to allow the company to ship a solid, stable product aren't the kind of customers the company would want anyway.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,311 Expert
    edited April 23
    Options

Sorry…but can’t resist ☺️… a 1 and a half lines answer containing so much funny things…

”Can’t be patient enough”… 7 months…and when everyone else already released support for it from a long time…saying that asking for clarifications after 7 months makes of someone a “not patient enough and not wanted customer” is quite hilarious

”ship a solid, stable product”…saying that lately, with the mess releases they have with NA 2, Kontrol MK3, the updates to all their libraries that forced them to create a whole thread providing previous versions to users who had all their products messed up…it’s funny ☺️

“aren't the kind of customers the company would want anyway”…believe me…they want EVERYBODY, as long as they bring immediate money…if then something is not adapt for everyone, or not ready, they will tell them later, with a lot of promises on what they will add “later on” cause it was not “in the main priorities”…once again…funny to think a company watches the “color” of the money coming in

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 267 Pro
    Options

Actually, a lot of things are "just recently" announced as compatible with Sonoma. So, not really specific to NI. Apple has been messing with everything from how menus draw, to moving to retire kexts as they "used to be" and security stuff; and also some of the half-baked updates for Sonoma have broken USB support, iLok support, etc. --- many of us not even movingto sonomas until it's really done.

• Dj Debias
    Dj Debias Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 12
    Options

This is the type of people that kill me. So in your defense what would be an acceptable amount of time for the product to be ready to ship. Taking Apple development for hardware and software into consideration and the life of both. It's not like apple isn't working with NI. Here's my petty comment: Either you work for NI or you are eggplant riding so hard you should check yourself. Internet got people feeling like they can't get touched. Of course this coming from the semen loathing around in the lost kingdom of windows.

• Tomboman
    Tomboman Member Posts: 50 Member
    Options

Who did try out the just released new Sonoma update? 14.5? Does it fix the Komplete MK3? Please please please :)

• Matt_W
    Matt_W Member Posts: 31 Member
    Options

I will try it, and will also try the new Logic when it comes out soon.

I’m not going to let this issue with Kontakt crashing Logic with the Mk3 keyboard prevent me from upgrading my other software.

• Matt_W
    Options

https://www.macworld.com/article/2285650/macos-sonoma-14-5-features-security-fixes-install.html

Seems the main fixes are security related.

This reporter mentions that 14.5 may be last update before Sonoma 15 is released… the way I read that is that Sonoma 15 will be a much larger update, but when will it come out, and will it be that update that includes the fix that NI tell us is related to Apple?

• Matt_W
    Options

Interesting, this appears to be fixed now!

Here are my version numbers, for anyone who's also been facing this issue:

MacOS Sonoma v 14.5

Logic Pro 11.0.0

Mk3 Keyboard S49n, Agent Version 1.5.5 (R14), OS Version 1.5.5

Kontakt 7.10.2

Happy Day ahead I believe 😁

• Jeremy_NI
    edited May 14
    Options

@Matt_W That's an amazing news, thanks for sharing, hoping it's confirmed by others.