Any update on Sonoma support - it's been 5 months since it was released.

Options

Comments

• songman
    songman Member Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Kontakt has been added to the compatible list πŸ˜€

• 2pods
    2pods Member Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Just the mk3 keyboards to go then ?

• ash
    ash Member Posts: 7 Member
    edited March 28
    Options

Comparing the list supported under Ventura we still have these left unsupported in Sonoma...

• Battery
    • Maschine
    • Reaktor
    • Komplete Effects (even though they're listed as supported on the Sonoma page, @Jeremy_NI in this thread said they're not)
    • All the Komplete Kontrol Keyboards
  • Thoow
    Thoow Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Updated to the latest version - still an instant crash. With the stand alone app and also within Ableton.

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 921 mod
    Options

I suppose we should update the list to make clear that Kontrol S MK2, Kontrol A, and Kontrol M work with Sonoma - it is just MK3 that does not yet due to the issues mentioned.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Options

@Thoow A dedicated thread might help in your case. Have you tried these steps? Kontakt Crashes Have you contacted support? https://bit.ly/NI_support_kontakt

• Thoow
    Thoow Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Hey Jeremie, thank you. Yes and yes :-) I walked through all the steps with not success and I also submitted a dedicated ticket.

• songman
    songman Member Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Reaktor has been added!

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014900358-Compatibility-of-Native-Instruments-Products-on-macOS

• Bubba Satori
    Bubba Satori Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

I wish Apple would go on a 2 year point upgrade cycle.

• Landen B
    Landen B Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Any word yet on Kontrol S MK3 being compatible with Sonoma? Bought a new machine and JUST got this controller and wondering if this was a bad decision longevity-wise. If there's any ability for transparency on a target date for this that can be followed up with, that would be awesome. Just thought I would point out that it took me a long time to find this answer above - others might benefit for this being clearly stated somewhere else. Just because it's not on the compatibility statement doesn't mean it's clear. This is incredibly frustrating for those of us who are literally being hindered from work!

• Matt_W
    Matt_W Member Posts: 31 Member
    Options

Welcome to the frustrated Kontrol S MK3 Buyers Club who have in their possession the world's most expensive and useless paper weight. Such a product release balls up, surprised their product team and developers still have jobs. Don't worry, they'll blame Apple.

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 921 mod
    Options

@Matt_W you have to stop. I have been consistently factual, as I am being now. if you want to be counter factual, that helps absolutely no one.

There is an Apple-side bug that surfaces when the following products attempt to communicate with one another: Kontrol S MK3, Kontakt 7, Logic Pro, macOS 14.

Apple have acknowledged the issue is on their side, filed it, and are working on a fix. They do not provide me with any estimated timelines, and if they did, I would be bound by NDA and unable to mention them publicly here anyway.

Apple are the blocker for us being able to ship official Sonoma support for Kontrol S MK3. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'd point you to Q4 2023 when Logic Pro had a catastrophic issue causing all MIDI notes to double when recorded with certain plug-ins such as Komplete Kontrol. My message then was much the same: this is an Apple side bug, they've acknowledged and are fixing this, and I do not know by when the fix will ship. Users were accusing me of lying in this very forum, and lo: Apple fixed the issue, as I'd stated they were responsible for doing, and would do.

@Landen B it is frustrating, I know. I wish we had control over the issue.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,305 Guru
    Options

Putting facts asides... do you have any theories on where the problem most likely is?

Others have suggested it is related to the handling of video/graphics. Do you share this theory as the most likely area that Apple needs to fix something?

• Matt_W
    Matt_W Member Posts: 31 Member
    Options

It’s frustrating as a customer Matthew. I will have to accept this is an Apple issue then, and put my trust in NI, which by the sounds of things is frustrating for you guys due to above mentioned NDA. I called Apple support a few weeks ago and got nowhere fast.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Options

I think you're confusing with another issue, the Kernel Panics with Kontakt 7, that have nothing to do with the keyboards.