Any update on Sonoma support - it's been 5 months since it was released.

Options

Comments

• songman
    songman Member Posts: 42 Member
    Options

This was in the email from @Matthew_NI dated 6 March

"...with Kontakt and Maschine planning to ship in the next few weeks. Are there any other products you're asking for updates on? LMK and I can chase down a response."

I think a few weeks has to be understood as 2-3 at the outset maybe 4 weeks? That email is now 15 days ago. Is there any further news? I am ready to cash out for Komplete CE 14, but in view of the conflicting experiences of users, I wait for official support.

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 921 mod
    Options

For Kontakt, I'd defer to @Adil_NI and team, but I believe it to be a matter of days.

For Maschine, it's been shipped to beta, so is likely within two weeks. I'd defer to @Kai_NI and team.

• Tomboman
    Tomboman Member Posts: 50 Member
    Options

@Matthew_NI

Great to see you replying to posts. However, I am still waiting for my reply, already asked 2 weeks ago and again 3 days ago.

Could you please double check if the Komplete Kontrol effects are Sonoma compatible? They appeared 2 weeks ago on the FAQ Sonoma page, however, there aren't any updates available in Native Access

Thank you very much!

• Matthew_NI
    edited March 21
    Options

I don't know. @Jeremy_NI or someone else from that team could know better. I work on our hardware products, and mention Kontakt and Komplete Kontrol only as this connects to our hardware.

• Tomboman
    Options

Ah ok thank you - Sorry I thought you are the right person when you posted this "Komplete Kontrol just shipped Sonoma support, with Kontakt and Maschine planning to ship in the next few weeks. Are there any other products you're asking for updates on?"

Hopefully @Jeremy_NI has a quick info about that - Thank you again

• Matthew_NI
    Options

Indeed - it was more so I could direct appropriately.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Options

@Tomboman The effects are not officially compatible yet. It should come in the next weeks.

• Tomboman
    Options

@Jeremy_NI

Ah ok, so I had the right feeling :) Thanks a lot! So this is wrong on the FAQ, maybe should delete it here https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/de/articles/13671802084765-Kompatibilit%C3%A4t-von-NI-Produkten-mit-macOS-14-Sonoma

Ok I can wait these few weeks - hopefully very soon

• songman
    songman Member Posts: 42 Member
    edited March 26
    Options

The offer for 3 extra plugins with Komplete CE ends April 3. Should that not be extended in view of the delay in compatibility? Last info from March 11 said it was a matter of days for Kontakt. It is now 5 days further and still no progress on the compatibility page for Sonoma.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,305 Guru
    edited March 26
    Options

Apple released an update for Sonoma yesterday - 14.4.1

It addressed issues related to USB hubs and audio-plugin validation.

Anyone with info to report on whether Sonoma 14.4.1 improves the issues with Logic Pro and Kontrol MK3?

• Matt_W
    Matt_W Member Posts: 31 Member
    Options

I also saw that, but I'm not upgrading to Sonoma 14.4.1 yet, not until NI confirm that Kontakt 7 works in Logic with Kontrol S49n M3 keyboards... I've learnt my lesson the hard way with Apple and Logic updates. 😅

• william olson
    william olson Member Posts: 40 Member
    Options

i am still holding off on purchasing Luftrum Lunaris 2. I have sonoma 14.3 I just recently purchased luftrum ambient 3 for omnisphere 2 no problems. Do you think i am safe using 14.3 to purchase lunaris2 or should i maybe wait.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Options

@Matt_W The bug related to Logic, the MK3 keyboard and Kontakt, if that's what you're asking about, is on Apple's side to fix and is not related to Sonoma support.

• 2pods
    2pods Member Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Seems Apple loves iLOK more than NI 😒

• Matt_W
    Matt_W Member Posts: 31 Member
    Options

From my interactions with NI and on the forum, the messaging is that it’s the version of Apple causing the problem (in this case Sonoma which is MacOS), so in my post I said I’m not going to upgrade my Mac OS to 14.4.1 - until confirmed no impact to Logic/Kontact/Kontrol S49n Mk3.