Website issues after scheduled maintenance on January 22, 2024

Options

Comments

• bobbytaliesin
    bobbytaliesin Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Hi from London! An incredibly difficult day of work here as everything got disrupted. There have been occasional moments where I have been able to access Native Access, but my Available Updates and Not Installed software is missing. Has anyone else had this? Is this also part of today's issue or something separate? Wishing everyone well. Rob.

• mibolux
    mibolux Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

A whole day stuck here,,, And why does Native Access forget my username and password? Not very confident my latest €'s were spent well... :-(((((((((((

• heavymetalgentleman
    heavymetalgentleman Member Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 22
    Options

no really help but an answer i can live with, since i cant send the unit back today anyways (to late), i will wait until tomorrow, lets hope the best.

i had the choice between akai and ni and i thought "yeah m+ costs a bit more and do a bit less but the money stays here".

and the first thing i get from ni is a unusable "standalone hardware instrument", because "registration ******", i got absolutely no help but i get punished because i am writing in german on a manufacture website from germany :) for deleting posts ni have recources but not to help?

Kaiwan i guess you are stressed too like me and other customers, but maybe you should think and act differently in this special situation instead of trying to escalade the situation and hurt the company with your behaviour. deleting posts that literally begging for help (because your companys fault) is not good.

i dont need compensation, not even a apology, i need a useable product i payd over 1K€ for, instead of more problems.

why i have to register my "standalone hardware instrument" anyway?

greetings Robi

• Rogus Ratus
    Rogus Ratus Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
    Options

Once I found this post I relaxed. Until then I did wonder what I should do next.

I'm sure everyone involved wants this fixed.

• B.Minor
    B.Minor Member Posts: 178 Advisor
    Options

Not sure if it helps other users located in Europe, but I was finally able to resolve the issue (or at least to improve the situation). Maybe it has nothing to do at all with the current server connection problems, but at least I believe that it had at least a minimum impact.

As I was still using NA 3.8.0 but I knew that there is already a related thread available from NI that NA 3.8.1 has been released lately, I decided to restart my PC and to download NA 3.8.1 directly from their homepage. After that I installed it over the existing version and then launched it. Of course, I had to log in again with my credetials (which I had to do several times today for whatever reason), but at least I got the new NA application up and running. It still lasted a while until the spinning wheel disappeared, but it finally showed all my contents and updates in the end.

• owdez
    owdez Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

hi all

native access still not working... 10:33PM

• mabobo
    mabobo Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

seriously?

we pay a huge amount of money but for the whole day now (this my regular day off) I'm not able to use the product...SHAME ON YOU NI !!! This is NOT a good way to maintenance, all products are stored locally so try to do better next time and find a proper way of doing 'maintenance'.... never experienced such a bad way of mainternace before on ANY software...

• johnnybregar
    johnnybregar Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Are people also seeing issues with instruments on projects not working? I can get The Grandeur to load in the stand alone app, but once it's in Cubase it's saying instrument not found - this is a project that I was mixing, and all was working before the Native Access issues....

• May Djam
    May Djam Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    edited January 22
    Options

Bonsoir à tous,

J'aurais aimé donner un avis positif sur N Access mais là je suis dégouté d'avoir passé des heures pour m'apercevoir que c'est dû à une simple maintenance qui à l'air d'être coriace et dérangeante! Mais bon on attend..!

• LFTDT
    LFTDT Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Oddly this happened last time I tried to install NI products on a new DAW. Here I am again trying to setup my new DAW laptop and no dice.

• StewartK
    StewartK Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Despite NA having its current issues, not having any issues with Kontakt 7, either in a project or standalone.

• oobe79
    oobe79 Member Posts: 91 Helper
    Options

I assume my issue is related to the unexpected errors described by Hayo above. But I'm having a different issue? When I logged on to Native Access this morning, it was slow, wouldn't load dependencies, but said I needed to restart to install a new version. After the install of the new version and restart, the start up screen has said Installing dependencies for over 30 minutes now.

• Vince L
    Vince L Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

21:35 same here (France, January 22)...."Loading products" forever

• tmeugniot
    tmeugniot Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited January 22
    Options

Still spinning for me. 12:45PM Pacific Time. NA 3.8.1

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,097 mod
    edited January 23
    Options

Having read so much about people having problems with Native Access then the updating of Native Access to 3.8.1 today were almost a thriller because it said 'installing dependencies' for some time. But luckily it got there after what looked like some slightly suppressed command-Window/line flashing.

Then the spinning thing next to the big Native Access text in upper left of interface kept spinning for some time after NA having reported 3 updates.. When the spinning stopped then I clicked to update all three but got a message that NA could not download the update , then tried updating only one , that would not download either.

Then I tried restarting the NA app , that only has resulted in the NA 3.8.1 now is stuck at Loading Products once again !

P.S.

I just found this closed information thread by Hayo_NI : Issues with Native Access

(thread says that there are system issues that are being worked on and not to contact support as they can not help so instead wait for issues to be fixed)

This discussion has been closed.