Website issues after scheduled maintenance on January 22, 2024

Options

Comments

• JacaCaca
    JacaCaca Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

I saw your comment in Germany. I was also surprised that it has been deleted. Not the best customer approach...

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,610 admin
    Options

I can confirm that your issue is not related to today's maintenance. You might have bought a duplicate license by mistake it appears. Our support team will get back to a ticket you submitted yesterday soon.

• heavymetalgentleman
    heavymetalgentleman Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

cancel culture instruments? 😬😂

i guess im a bad customer because i spend over thousand bucks and actually want to be able to use the product I bought. im a bad bad person :)

• Black2Production
    Black2Production Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    edited January 22
    Options

I can not use any instruments, no login prossible, hope the technical error will be fixed soon.

• B.Minor
    B.Minor Member Posts: 178 Advisor
    Options

Same problem here - many hours after the maintenance window should have been closed. Not sure why it is still not possible to start Native Access 3, because the app immediately seems to hang after showing "Loading Products"...

On the other hand, logging into my account (directly via a browser) works fine. Does eventually a fresh installation of NA 3 bring any improvements?

Maybe @Hayo_NI can keep us updated frequently why only some users seem to be affected by that issue and others have obviously been able to download Kontakt 7.7.4 already....

• Kaiwan_NI
    Options

Hey, I removed your post because our community is in English only. Please make sure to read our code of conduct here. Since one of the issues we're currently experiencing is "Activating, downloading and updating products on Native Access", your issue might have to do with today's maintenance. We'll update here once everything is stable so you can try activating again.

• 2pods
    2pods Member Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Me too.

As usual, I thought it was my fault at first

• NolderD
    NolderD Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

I am with everyone else. It is now 8:30 PST (5:30pm CEP) and I still cannot run anything Native Access.

I understand that technical issues arise from time to time, but, when you have a user base that is as massive as NI's user base, things like this should never happen.

Hours of my time have been wasted here as well as my inability to work since all of my main libraries are accessed via Kontakt.

Do I hear 'free upgrade to the latest version of Komplete' to compensate us for lost time and income?

When is this expected to be fixed by?

Thank you.

• Wiechu
    Wiechu Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 22
    Options

yeah. I'd hate to be the IT guys doing the update (keep in mind that they started on Monday morning european time so a lot of music producers must be really unhappy).

Btw try to run them as standalone if possible. This worked for my guitar rig 6.

They promised to provide an update in one of the earlier posts here, I also really hope Extinction Level Event will finally work.

edit: yeah, some free upgrade would definitely do the trick. Especially since I think some studios got paralyzed by that and Glenn is probably going full Glennzerker.

• zamboni
    zamboni Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Indeed those are some key concepts I don't miss :D

I'm a bit in a the same boat. Just received a new controller I was eager to test. And I spent many hours debating if I should even lock myself into the NI universe for DJ-ing when other companies have the missing feature I hope to see in Traktor very soon.

Failing is natural. And I hope there are some lessons learned today as this seems to block people from using their equipment and software properly, which to me looks like a potential security issue.

• vallaton
    vallaton Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

So frustrated. Got a few hours of work in in the morning, but since then I've been just banging my head against the wall with the NA. Kontakt instruments switching into DEMO mode when NI is messing something up is really bad. If only I could get my NI software on my iLok instead.

In Finland, the time is 19.04 now (maintenance should've been over 8 hours ago), using Windows.

• Wiechu
    Wiechu Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

maybe not security issue as I do not see how this affects security, but definitely a public image damage with users not being able to work using their software.

I work in IT and can only guess what could go wrong. I assume they went for this timewindow for outage due to majority of customers being based in the US and something went wrong along the way. I would definitely advise NI to send out an email with communication to all users once they are aware this is something more serious (and a next one when the issue is fixed). This would for instance prevent users in the US from updating their software and losing access to the tools.

But, as I said, i am only guessing what happened here and don't know the full context. If i was using NI products for a living, e.g. as music producer, I would definitely not be happy (was already not happy with the ELE2 bug where groove library was not working) but luckily i do not. I do feel bad for people who had to e.g. cancel the recording sessions or something. And for the poor person that will later do root cause analysis.

• Zennite
    Zennite Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited January 22
    Options

so i got suddenly logged out and now its stuck on "Loading Products" i've been waiting since 3 PM

• BMan
    BMan Member Posts: 18 Member
    Options

I'm in the US (east coast), and my Native Access came back about 30 min ago. Running the latest version (3.8.1) for M1/M2 arch on macOS.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Options

Apologies, everyone. The issues with our website and Native Access are still persisting. Hayo has shared additional context in this post here:

I'll provide an update once everything is stable.

This discussion has been closed.