Battery 4.2.0 - suddenly, knobs/faders don't work

Options

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,688 mod
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hello, as said before quite a few times in this thread. Waves has acknowledged it was an issue on their end, they fixed it with Waves 13, we are not blaming anyone here. Feel free to contact their support regarding this issue.

• scopemc
    scopemc Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Repeating the same thing does not change its ineffectiveness.

• millionaire
    millionaire Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

I also have this problem. I updated to Waves v14, uninstalled everything else, reinstalled Battery, restarted, etc etc....still can't use Battery. Maddening!

Do I have to DOWNgrade to Waves 13?

Oh, and I also Uninstalled ALL Waves plug-ins, and I STILL have the same problem.

• Jondi
    Jondi Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

Same issue here. Knobs in Battery 4.20 don't work, all older Waves uninstalled except for 14. Tried clearing the cache as described above. Issue still occurred even when uninstalled Waves entirely.

For whatever reason, upgrading Waves from 11 to 13 worked on our other iMac in the other studio, so maybe the issue is with 14?

Downgrading to Battery 4.16 kind of works, but I get errors with projects where I used 4.20, so not ideal.

A fix from NI would be much appreciated!!!

Update: I downgraded to Waves 13 (using these instructions https://www.waves.com/support/how-to-roll-back-to-waves-v13) and restarted, but the issue persists. My DAW is Cubase 12 Pro.

• millionaire
    millionaire Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

Considering that the overlap of Battery users who also have some Waves products is probably very high, I hope someone is working on reconciling this. I just emailed Waves support but I'm not sure what good that will do.

• icalone
    icalone Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

After working all day, yes literally hours, trying to fix this issue that everyone on this ongoing thread has been dealing with, I finally was able to fix my Logic Project and Battery 4 issue. Turns out the issue was not Waves at all. The culprit was...wait for it... Predatohm from Ohm Force

I’ve been rocking Waves V13 and Battery 4.2 since my new MBP M1 since early this year. (I do remember having this issue with my old computer though and doing the Waves fix on it.)

My recent Battery 4 issue started when I opened an older Logic project yesterday on my M1. (I run Logic in Rosetta currently). During my troubleshooting, when the issue started happening on this one particular project from 2019, I would close Logic completely, reopen a "new" project, open Battery, and this would “reset” Battery. Battery would work again even on other Battery/Logic projects, but only until I would open the one particular 2019 project, and then it would start acting weird, and I’d have to “reset” again. As you can tell, a real PITA for troubleshooting. But when I removed Predatohm, and then did the “reset” procedure, Battery would work in the 2019 project. 

Now to be fair, Ohm Force is not M1 compatible AFAIK, and one of the several lost cause developers that try to still sell their Mac plugins on their website.  But, it’s not Waves.

• Thommytippy
    Thommytippy Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

So I am having this problem in Komplete Kontrol, as well as Battery standalone - same issue as everyone else is having with Battery, but also applying to KK macro controls across every single instrument. Absolutely infuriating. And I am up to date with Waves 14. Using Monterey, Logic up to date etc

Looks like this has been an ongoing issue all year that doesn't have a satisfactory resolution, but I seem to be the only one having issues beyond Battery. ****** NI?

• Rob Gray
    Rob Gray Member Posts: 54 Member
    Options

Are the developers considering a hot fix that will make it so I don’t have to do this for every custom kit? I have lots and lots of custom kits and this is getting old. Even after re-saving them, sometimes the buggy behavior returns later even though I have no old Waves versions anymore.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@millionaire @Jondi @Thommytippy If you are experiencing this issue with Waves 13 or 14, even after uninstalling all previous versions (v12 and downwards), then please get in touch here, so we can have a look at your system and see why it still affects you and hopefully fix it: https://bit.ly/NISupport_Battery

• morse code
    morse code Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

i have battery 4.2 the same problem .. . . . . .LOL

• Ronnor
    Ronnor Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited January 2023
    Options

I've got this problem but and I've discovered that if I highlight and type in the values it works. Good Luck. Ron ;-)

• Jondi
    Jondi Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I was experiencing this issue in Cubase 12 with macOS Catalina and Battery 4.2 and 4.3. Waves was not the issue. I noticed that the problem manifested only with some projects, but once it happened it would happen in all projects until restarting Cubase.

I experimented with loading FX into an empty project. And older version of OhmBoyz from Ohmforce turned out to be the culprit. The demo of the newest OhmBoyz Infinite doesn't trigger the issue.

So check your other project plugins, especially older non-Steinberg, non-Native instruments and effects--I'm pretty sure Waves and OhmBoyz aren't the only ones causing issues.

But I still don't see why Native can't fix it on their end if Battery 4.1 plays nice with everything.

• IlMolto
    IlMolto Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Interesting. I use the old OhmBoyz myself. You may have cracked the puzzle. Might be time to update to OhmBoyz Infinite if this is the case. Cheers for the post.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited January 2023
    Options

@Jondi Thanks a lot for sharing the information, we'll add this to our troubleshooting steps.

• IlMolto
    IlMolto Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options

The old OhmBoyz is definitely the culprit.

If I load a project without inserting OhmBoyz as a plugin, Battery 4.3.0 works fine.

If I add OhmBoyz onto any channel, the knobs on Battery become stuck.

If I remove OhmBoyz, the knobs on Battery are still stuck.

It’s only when I quit Cubase and restart, Battery performs fine again until of course OhmBoyz is added.