Battery 4.2.0 - suddenly, knobs/faders don't work

Answers

• Xenoblero
    Xenoblero Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited August 2022

I'm having the same exact issue. If 4.1.6 works, then there must be a way to make a patch for 4.2. I installed 4.1.6 and it kind of works but I get warnings every time I try to open a project and old projects don't load. Yes, I'm using Waves 12 but it's not acceptable to spend over 200€ to Waves just to open another developers (NI) plugin. I have to search what EU law says about this.

• pmtrub
    pmtrub Member Posts: 9 Member

This was happening to me in the middle of a job today. I'm on Waves 14 and Battery 4.2.

• Pampy
    Pampy Member Posts: 5 Member

Having the same issue here, please update a real fix. Thank you

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    edited August 2022

@Xenoblero @Pampy As mentioned various times in this thread already. Waves acknowledged the fact it was on their side to fix, which they did with Waves v13. Please get in touch with Waves support regarding this issue.

• Jeremy_NI
  • Jeremy_NI

Hey Rob, sorry to get back to you so late. I only had 1 similar case where even after uninstalling all previous versions of Waves plugins, the issue would reappear in old projects. The fix was to save the Battery kit, create a new Battery track, load the saved kit and copy the MIDI parts. Not the most practical thing in the world, I must admit.

• Xenoblero
    Xenoblero Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Waves Tech Support is reserved for customers whose products are currently covered by Waves Update Plan. So without paying 200-300 we can't even get any support. It isn't acceptable. Waves plugins works perfectly, it's the Battery which doesn't. I have no idea why it is impossible to fix this, especially when older version works perfectly.

• pmtrub
    pmtrub Member Posts: 9 Member
    edited August 2022

Yes, I did when I installed V14. I just double checked and there are no previous versions of Waves plugins on my system.

• blacknap
    blacknap Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Just used clarity vx from waves. deleted (all that includes waves) it. still not working

• DJ Noise
    DJ Noise Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Same here, the support say me to go backwards to version 4.1.6

Sorry but i doesnt go backwards on a M1 mac 😡

• winglet
    winglet Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited September 2022

Hi, chiming in as another user who does NOT have older versions of Waves, I only have V14, and yet I'm having this issue since upgrading from 4.1.6 (Running MacOS Monterey on a MacPro intel).

I went to downgrade to fix the issue, however I had created and/or edited a few kits using the 4.2 version and now 4.1.6 won't let me open them because they are created with a newer version of Battery.

I do sometimes have issues with Waves and their business model, but I have to say as a user I do think it's pretty lame of NI to pass the blame over to Waves entirely. There has to be a way NI could fix this code to behave, it seems absurd to me that I'm on V14 Waves and I am basically locked out of using Battery and NI's attitude is kind of "oh well, not our problem".

Now I'm in an annoying position where I must downgrade to have a functional version of Battery, but I have to tediously recreate a handful of kits from scratch that won't open with that version. (I'm aware that I could render cells in place and copy those audio files over, but I have very specific modulations, effects chains, and round robins I painstakingly created).

• Jeremy_NI

@winglet I'm contacting you by email, we would need to investigate why this affects you, even if only a recent Waveshell was installed on your system.

We don't pass the blame to Waves, as said before in this thread, they have acknowledged it was on their end.

• Jeremy_NI

@pmtrub I contacted you by remail regarding this issue, we'd like to check your system to see why you are still affected by this.

• Jeremy_NI

@blacknap Sorry to get back to you so late after your last comment, are you still affected by this issue ? If you are and you are willing someone checking your system, then let me know.

• scopemc
    scopemc Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited September 2022

I removed my previous rant, because I think this sums up my thoughts better.

NI should hope that Waves does not decide to go into the Virtual Instruments business. Waves could intentionally render all of NI plugins inoperable, while NI just sits and says it is on their end.🙈🙉🙊