Battery 4.2.0 - suddenly, knobs/faders don't work

Options

Answers

• bengersfood
    bengersfood Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I have this problem too. Just started overnight. No new installs no system changes so far as I know.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@ralphonz I get your point. I understand your frustration. I forwarded your comments to the people in charge of Battery. It's not a blame game here, Waves have acknowledged the issue was from their side, we don't know the why the reason they didn't bring the fix to Waves 12. I'd recommned to contact their support to get more insight.

• bengersfood
    bengersfood Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

... and now a few days later, it works again. Who knows why.

• R.Marciano
    R.Marciano Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

This issue has nothing to do with Waves I tested the installation of Battery 4.1.6 on a fresh install of Windows 10 21H2 as well as a Windows 11 21H2 completely patched with only Maschine 2.15 and Battery 4.1.6 and 4.2.0 installed. I know NI is working on this issue but I want to add my 2cents

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

Hey @R.Marciano Waves confirmed it was on their end. Feel free to contact their support regarding this issue.

• IlMolto
    IlMolto Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options

I'm sorry to say that even on my brand new Mac Studio, Battery 4.2.0 still is giving me hard time regarding these knobs. I had Waves V13 installed and just updated to Waves V14. Unless Waves V14 has caused the issue, something else is going on. I've had to revert back to 4.1.6. That'll do for the time being.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

So, with Waves 13 you never had this issue and it started to happen with v14 ? Did you have previous versions of Waves installed ? Have you tried clearing Waves cache ? This is how to:

1. Close all apps
    2. Open Macintosh Finder
    3. Click on Go, keep the Option key pressed and choose “Library”
    4. Go to the folder “Caches”
    5. Delete the folder “Waves”
    6. Then restart your computer

Is your DAW running in Rosetta mode ?

• IlMolto
    Options

I was using Battery a little bit while on Waves V13 and I did not have any issues with the knobs. I do not have any previous versions of Waves on my system.

How do I run my DAW in Rosetta mode?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

My apologies, I should have included the link: How to Open Your DAW Using Rosetta

Does that make a difference ?

• IlMolto
    Options

Oh okay, I didn’t know that. I’m running Cubase 12 using some old plugins like OhmBoyz and Arts Acoustic Reverb without any issues. I have never opened the Get Info window to tick that checkbox. I’ve now reverted back to 4.1.6 and all is working as expected. I am going to continue using 4.1.6 until another update comes out. Thanks anyway for your help.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

Since the issue was on Waves' side, I doubt it will be fixed with a new Battery update. I understand that you might not want too much time spend time on the issue. If you're willing to, I would contact you by email and we would try to get to the bottom of this. If not, I'm waiting to get a Waves V14 bundle to test this out and try reproducing the issue.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@IlMolto We were able to get a Waves 14 licence and test it out, we couldn't reproduce the issue on a M1 computer (or not M1 for that matter). Let us know if you want us to check why it happens on your system and maybe enable us to fix the issue, let me know and I'll contact you by email.

• Starfirlds
    Starfirlds Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I tried to downgrade to Battery 4.1.6 and got an error. How can I successfully downgrade to 4.1.6? I’m not spending hundreds to upgrade Waves!

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Starfirlds In order to help out, we would need a bit more context. What kind of error ? Did you get an error message ? What is your operating system ?

• Rob Gray
    Rob Gray Member Posts: 54 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options

There must be some possibility for residual issues for people who used to have this problem and updated.

I had the issue, as could be expected when I had an earlier version of Waves. I updated to Waves V13 and it fixed it. Except, randomly, even months later when loading some Battery kits it seems to come back. If I close and re-open the project, sometimes it fixes it and sometimes it doesn't. I went through the whole uninstall reinstall process for Waves already multiple times- am I going to have to re-create my entire library of custom kits?

Please advise.