Battery 4.2.0 - suddenly, knobs/faders don't work

Answers

• DannyDan
    DannyDan Member Posts: 12 Member

Definitely having this problem all waves plugins v13+

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@DannyDan What version do you have? I see you have a M1 computer, is this happening in Rosetta mode, in ARM mode, both?

• Agent9
    Agent9 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Same problem here, Battery 4.3 - Audio Unit - new mac with a fresh install of everything.

Battery is basically unusable.

• Milkster
    Milkster Member Posts: 4 Member

This thread and this issue is a complete joke. Why on earth would a waves shell have any interaction with a completely different plugin from NI. 8+ pages of people complaining that this is still an issue several months since it was first reported.

Mac M1, Bitwig running in ARM Mode - VST3 Battery version showing as version ( 4.3.0 (RO)) is still unusable. No waves shell 12. Just 13 +

maybe the version it's installing on my Mac is a clue (RO) - Rosetta?

• transizonia
    transizonia Member Posts: 7 Member

So, basically, I started using Groove Agent since battery is unusable and find GA to be better anyway all curves are adjustable. How such a problem can be related to Waves plugins? What a mess. Who needs to do something? NI or Waves or both? And meanwhile what? Groove Agent? Yes.

• DannyDan
    DannyDan Member Posts: 12 Member

yeah m1 macbook pro, battery 4.3.0.... still happening in both modes and in any daw. Fl studio, Luna etc.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited April 2023

This is what NI risks by not taking care of their problems. Or by saying “we will release update in 6 month to be sure we make it in a way that doesn’t force us to work double on what we’ve already done”. Fixes are called fixes cause they must repair something that has problems…now!

• aoud
    aoud Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hello, this issue is affecting both my use of Maschine and Battery.

What can one do?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited May 2023

Hey all! Little update on the topic. We submitted the following to Waves that approved the following message:

In April 2021, we identified an issue when using some of our products with Waves plug-ins. Waves had acknowledged that the issue originates from plug-ins within their V12 bundle. The issue was fixed in October 2021, with the release of the Waves V13 bundle.

In December 2021, we released the BATTERY 4.2.0 update and again noticed this issue when using it with Waves V12 plug-ins. 

Solution

Since Waves resolved the issue in their V13 and later updates, updating to the latest Waves version will allow BATTERY 4 to function normally again.

Please reach out to Waves if you have any questions regarding updating.

https://www.waves.com/contact-us

In the meantime, the issue started to appear on Apple Sillicon computers, only when the DAW is in native ARM mode with Waveshell 14. It doesn't happen in Rosetta mode. We are able to reproduce the issue and are in contact with Waves to find a solution.

• kato
    kato Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

The same problem occurs when using Kilohearts plugin.

I would like to have the issue shared with Kilohearts as well.

Mac OS 12.6.4

MacBook Pro (15", Mid 2015)

Logic Pro 10.7.7

• IlMolto
    IlMolto Member Posts: 11 Member

The old OhmBoyz was also causing the problem.

• Pampy
    Pampy Member Posts: 5 Member

Hey @Jeremy_NI , a lot of people are following this thread hoping for a fix from NI.

from your recommendation, it’s absolutely a bias and an advantage for Waves to recommend people to upgrade to a newer shell because, oh well, PROFITS, without any hesitation.

this is a serious functionality issue, not a feature request. NI is a big company and battery 4 is also a major product and it bugs me that NI chooses to ignore it while smaller companies is always on alert when their product encounters an issue.

heres a hypothetical better response from you

”hi everyone, due to increasing reports of Battery 4 knobs not working, we happily updated and fixed the knobs on this new update, we always strive for the best for our loyal customers. Thank you -NI team”

• REMNANT.exe
    REMNANT.exe Member Posts: 12 Member

Hi, coming here to chime in as I've experienced the same issue in many projects for over a year now. Very frustrating. I don't have any Waves plugins on my computer, but I do have a few Kilohearts plugins which others have stated may also cause the same bug. But it comes and goes, and I can add Kilohearts plugins to a project without it breaking Battery 4. After a little while though it will go, and then be broken until a fresh restart on the computer happens. It's also happened with no Kilohearts plugins in the project at all either.

This seems like an issue with Battery 4 on a fundamental level, as no other plugins, from NI or others, experience the same UI bug.

Currently on a Mac Studio M1 Max on Ventura using Logic Pro 10.7.7 in native ARM environment. This issue existed on my 2019 i7 iMac running earlier versions of Logic, as well as this Mac Studio running Logic in Rosetta.

A hotfix from NI seems to be the only realistic fix to this issue.

• Rob Gray
    Rob Gray Member Posts: 54 Member

The reason it comes and goes with Kilohearts is because you have to interact with the GUI to get the issue to occur. As soon as I touch a knob in a kHs plugin, Battery's knobs stop working. I told Kilohearts this and they said thanks for notifying them, but I don't know when/if they'll fix it. I told someone at NI about the other plugin types that cause it and they confirmed it's not just Waves.

• zerostudios
    zerostudios Member Posts: 1 Member

Same problem here using Battery 4.3.0 and Waves V14. I followed the advice above in removing waves V12 and V13 from my system and erasing the cache and the problem persists as soon as any Waves V14 plugin is opened in a session with Battery. Running Mac Studio MAX M1 on OS 12.6.6 with Logic 10.7.8. So I'd caution anyone thinking that paying for a Waves upgrade will actually fix this problem.