Battery 4.2.0 - suddenly, knobs/faders don't work

Options
15678911»

Answers

• nyyles
    nyyles Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

This has been happening to me as well, ever since I updated my NI and waves plugs about 6 months ago. Battery is useless now! C'mon NI, give us a fix! I've been a paying customer for 20 years!

• Epimetheus
    Epimetheus Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Yeah same issue, also affects maschine. When I open a blank logic project it's fine as soon ass I open any waves plugins it glitches as described by plenty users. I'm on the latest version of battery 4 and V13 waves plugins. Very poor from N.I, by the looks of things this has been an issue for years.

Basically you have to choose between using battery or any waves plugins.

Macbook pro M3 Sonoma 14.2.1

Logic pro 10.8.1

Battery 4.3.0

• goozerwijfie
    goozerwijfie Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

This seems very interesting, would you be willing to share that old preference file?

• Emm Te
    Emm Te Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

Just adding myself to the list of people with this issue. Has there ever been official acknowledgement or anything about this bug?

• Emm Te
    Options

So I'm looking for an official answer here, what's the deal with Battery development?

Have you guys lost the source code/the knowledge how to work on your own code/will to fix things?

There are many unforgivable bugs in this plugin that should never make it into a shipping product, and least of all require future purchases to fix if you guys ever decide to fix it.

Between this bug (who needs to tweak their parameters?!) and the fact it can't even remember that you resolved missing samples without some insane workaround like reinstantiating the plugin and reloading the kit you have manually saved first (By the way, this happens a lot when you move between mac and pc with different sample library locations), it pretty much renders this product unusable on my mac.

You've known about of these issues for years (and have released future versions!) without fixing this?

What's the deal? Do you guys have no way to reproduce issues?

I happen to be a programmer by trade, so please, I can probably help you fix this or diagnose it… or give me my money back.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,898 mod
    Options

Has there ever been official acknowledgement or anything about this bug?

Jeremy_NI is a N.I. employee so I think that this counts :

Quote Jeremy_NI , January 2022 : Hey there, are you all using Waves plug-ins ? Like for the latest updates of Maschine, there is a bug on Waves' side in older Waveshells, this got fixed with Waveshell 13. If you don't plan on updating your Waves plug-ins here is an older version of Battery 4: BATTERY 4.1.6

• Emm Te
    Options

Well, for what it's worth, with Waveshell 14 and Battery 4.3 it still happens, so not sure how it got fixed in Waveshell 13 and unfixed in 14, I'd be curious to know HOW waveshell (which is a separate plugin) could possible affect a different plugin? Does it install application wide hooks that mess with other stuff?

• goozerwijfie
    goozerwijfie Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

This is not an option, at least on Apple silicon.

There's no way to authorize the older Battery 4.1.6, it will be in demo mode. I've had a long thread with customer support trying to resolve this, but nothing worked.