Hardware and software need to be ported into iPadOS

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newcomer
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,274 Guru

"Multi-player" international "composing" an ongoing song cycle with points going to upvoted contributors.

• [Deleted User]
    edited March 2022
  • D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited March 2022

Maybe becoming yet another computer is the whole point, same thing but in a different form factor - As someone who only liked desktops my whole life, never had any interest in laptops but is forced to use one (live performance and DJing) I would prefer to use a tablet instead, the only thing that stopped me in the past is lack of performance and HW support, the former is no longer a problem so if the latter is fixed I'd get on board.

@tetsuneko said:

So no need for NI to do anything other than making sure their software runs well on M1 systems and keeps up with the latest Apple "standards".

That's what I've been saying... iPad and iOS apps already work on M1's.

Some parts of MacOS's GUI have been slowly becoming more touch-friendly in terms of design, specifically "Control-Center" I've always assumed this was an indication that eventually iPadOS will merge somehow with MacOS since apple stated multiple times they have no interest in making laptops with touch... thus waiting to see how things play out seems like the smart move.

I don't expect an iPad to ever be as good as a computer 10 times the size because physics but that wouldn't be the point of using it anyway.

• [Deleted User]
  • nightjar
    edited March 2022

Of course. Royalties will be place for legacy business deals. Some music makers will also derive income from micropayments for their identified contributions to whatever.

And some music makers will have fun with a creative past time in the flavor of "gaming"..

This future ecosystems fit into all of this.

• [Deleted User]
  • nightjar

Actually it’s the legacy deals that are shortchanging artists. New work under new ecosystem will have embedded metadata to enable a whole new approach to contracts and deals.

• [Deleted User]
  • nightjar
  • D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited March 2022

A 2-in-1 hybrid is not really a tablet, those are thicc boys but a fair point on the Surface Pro, I've been considering it for a long time altho a Windows alternative doesn't seem like the overall topic here. My normal applications not being designed with much (If any) consideration for touch screens in terms of GUI/UX also worries me a bit... I only use Win on occasion so I have no idea how well it behaves but it doesn't look like Microsoft is very committed to pushing full windows tablets, it's kind of odd only the Surface Pro exists in this space.

I actually need to replace my laptop in the next couple o weeks since it's too old and rn I'm torn about what to pick but an iPad is certainly not an option, shame because it blasts away any competition in it's price point in terms of performance including the Surface Pro 8 i5 and maybe even the i7.

• [Deleted User]
    edited March 2022
  • nightjar

Points instead of royalties is only one segment of future user base. There will many ways to use this creative ecosystem. It will scale from casual hobbyists to full professionals.

• [Deleted User]
  • nightjar

Extremely different examples of projections. One based on recent actions by NI management and actual devices entering the marketplace now that are ripe for adaptation.