Please make all UIs scalable

Options

Comments

• Telesonica
    Telesonica Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Native Instruments crew, please change your GUI's scalable to modern 4k monitors.😉

And if you can't or won't, just let us know...

• SH-1
    SH-1 Member Posts: 28 Helper
    edited June 2023
    Options

Was only a matter of time until Izotope officially joins the NI brand.

They sadly have the exact same issue. So now, there is an even greater need to stop pampering the macOS folks with countless apple silicon and VST3 updates and finally focus on what should have been done 8 years ago. Making everything that exists -at least- usable on Hi DPI systems.

I won't care about new content until this is properly resolved. Until at least FM8, Absynth, Massive (not X), Reaktor, Super 8 ... etc and all the FX are updated to scale to readable size on Hi DPI displays. This is a make or break feature and frankly not something that is optional if NI wants any kind of slice of the pie in the future...

I did not buy Komplete 14 because only Kontakt getting a Hi DPI paintjob is simply not enough to warrant any financial commitment. And I am not going to buy Komplete 15 even if it comes with Ozone 10 Advanced and Neutron 4 Advanced. THESE ARE ALSO NOT HI DPI. More useless software =/= more value.

• NativeJared
    NativeJared Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

This is a joke at this point - I find it so difficult to believe that making your UIs scalable is such a low priority given the obvious impact it has on so many end users' workflow, and that you would continue to ignore this glaring issue regardless of how many customers - and potential customers - have made it more than clear that they regard it as a reason to use non-NI products instead, in a market that continues to get more competitive, with the economy in the state it has been in over the past few years.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,354 Expert
    edited June 2023
    Options

@SH-1 wrote:

stop pampering the macOS folks with countless apple silicon and VST3 updates

VST/VST3 by Steinberg has nothing whatsoever to do with macOS and is affecting users on Windows even more.

BTW, Absynth was declared EOL and is not available anymore.

We mourn.

• SH-1
    Options

On the contrary, VST3 on windows at least works without having to support 2 CPU architectures ;)

Or, in other words, the macOS VST3 version adds a greater development overhead for less return.

• ozon
    Options

How much development overhead is needed to tick a check box in the compiler settings?

• SH-1
    edited July 2023
    Options

Apparently enough to justify it being the only update to the VST catalogue in 2023 so far.

• machineboy
    machineboy Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I just got back to Maschine after a pretty long hiatus and surprised that the latest version is still very blurry and with tiny fonts on a 4K display.

Any news on high dpi support for Maschine?

• cyberduck
    cyberduck Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Seriously NI ? In 2023 ?

• SH-1
    Options

My guess / fear is: instead of doing the right thing, NI will little by little deprecate everything except Kontakt.

• Jon Watte
    Jon Watte Member Posts: 77 Advisor
    Options

Nah, they need Maschine to sell expansion packs.

• Titus
    Titus Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Still waiting for an update guys

• ozon
    Options

Play Series looks like the new Expansion packs… with better ROI.

• rpmarshall
    rpmarshall Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Hey all -

Ive been playing and recording music for several decades, but I'm fairly new to the NI ecosystem.

I've been looking into the new S-Series MK3 keyboard and wondering whether consolidating my plugins with Komplete Kontrol hardware and software, and getting more into Komplete and Kontakt would be help expand my creative options and streamline my workflow.

I started playing with Komplete Kontrol today on my new 55" 4K display.

The UI needs serious updating.

Frankly, the non-scalable UI, and now seeing the comments here about longtime users requesting this (fundamental) feature for years in multiple products?!?! That shows me NI isn't listening to its customers and isn't keeping its software current. All together, that's a... komplete... deal breaker for me and these old eyes. Sorry NI. Maybe I'll take a look again in a year or two, to see if you've gotten with the program.

Peace

• ozon
    Options

A new version Komplete Kontrol will be released with the new Komplete keyboards and has a scalable UI. To which extent is to be seen. And although that is very promising and helps a lot to work within KK, it doesn’t solve the problem of the individual plugin UIs. Maybe come back in a month and check it out.