Please make all UIs scalable

Options
14567810»

Comments

• SH-1
    SH-1 Member Posts: 28 Helper
    edited January 11
    Options

Just popping back in (2 years into this thread!!!) to express that I still majorly disagree with the fact that this discussion is hidden from the public. You have to actively search for it.

• Soniclight
    Soniclight Member Posts: 18 Member
    edited February 4
    Options

I like the sound quality of KK but at my age (69), I strongly second the tiny font and for me also the libraries, etc. organization is confusing. Still drive me nuts. It's the only DAW GUI where I have to pull out my glasses and get closer to the screen, even at 1080p.

My critique here is as much as a musician/DAW user as it is as a former designer.

Maybe NI should learn from the Soundpaint engine's GUI (which also gives on the option to increase font in certain places). FYI Soundpaint is an offshoot of 8DIO which makes VSTi for Kontakt -- and Soundpaint is free. AND scalable.

Here's a pad from their Hybrid Emotions 2.0. Clean, modern, well organized, easy to understand and use.

And with a normal-sized human font...

(The .jpg looks a bit blurry here, but it's crisp in real life.)

• mozart999uk
    mozart999uk Member Posts: 18 Member
    Options

Thanks for the soundpaint link. I use Kontakt to import my own samples (within reaper) and the mapping window is just way too small for me to work with comfortably. I'll check out Soundpaint.

• dolomick
    dolomick Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Please allow FM8 and others to be resizeable!

• SteveECrane
    SteveECrane Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Erm, I've said it before ... and still nothing to add save for, exactly what all these guys said 👆️ .

Perhaps it's just the Teutonic way of doing things, graphically, because it's not only NI who design sub-par GUIs - Steinberg's Cubase is getting ever-more unusable because of the dire ergonomics of its interface. Available in any colour ... so long as it's in some way related to grey!!! :-o ;-) :-)

• bacohen8
    bacohen8 Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I have been a paid user since GR5. I have always struggled with the inability to use at full screen. Now on GR7 on a Surface 8 touchscreen it remains a huge problem. I am now in my 60's and eyesight is an issue. This should not be such a difficult thing to solve for. Or can someone provide a solution even if it's a 3rd party?

• Doedel
    Doedel Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

I came along this thread after I completed the setup of a new laptop with a high resolution monitor. When I opened the "old" NI VST's like Absynth 5 or FM8 in Cubase I could hardly read anything. At least in Cubase it is possible to enlarge the GUI, they are still not user scalable but better than nothing. Maybe other DAWs have similar functions?

Left mouse click in the header section of the VST opens the dialogue:

• Doedel
    Doedel Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

That's actually not correct, you can set any color in Cubase if gray isn't fancy enough!

• daslicht
    daslicht Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Is the GUI of Maschine meanwhile scaleable?