[Survey] Tell us what you think about MASCHINE

Options

Comments

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro
    Options

Apple is breaking for a good reason and as standard for live/studio brands should keep the rhythm if they want to be still relevant… as others done like Arturia, DaVinci Resolve…

If NI wants to avoid such inconvenience then will require develop their own OS and hardware. M+ could be the foundation for that or even go linux live distro as answer for these asking for linux port.

You can argue keep x86 windows etc (like @Kubrak usually does) but…

oh surprise! What could does it mean? :rolleyes:

Even MS is trying to emulate Apple (since SurfaceRT was a total fail) and brings even rosetta-like x86intoARM translators…

AMD could keep the x86 field alive but if developers (and main OS’s) jump is for a reason.

NI needs to choose right its priorities and roadmaps…

• caramba
    caramba Member Posts: 15 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

Unfortunately, after 40 years of DAWs, there isn't still any that hasn't some major feature missing. I can't still do my job in a single one without tons of workarounds. So, yes, where we are today, I don't care about more technology. I just want to make music fluently!

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    Options

@Mutis

Even MS is trying to emulate Apple (since SurfaceRT was a total fail) and brings even rosetta-like x86intoARM translators…

MS has something like Rosetta 2 for ARM long time before Rosetta 2 came.... Sleep in peace. Nothing new. But ARM has not penetrated to Winworld much. No real need, except for something like watch, telephone and like....

Let's wait for comparison of power efficiency of Zen 4 notebook CPUs that will come soon and M2. They should be on the same node, so direct comparison is possible and one may directly compare the two platforms. My bet is that M2 will be just slightly better in power efficiency than Zen 4.

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro
    edited February 2023
    Options

You still miss the point my friend… MS following Apple hardware decissions after trying on its own and fail (how gone SurfaceRt?) and that point a market shift more than evident…

It’s just a matter of time and AMD only makes chips meanwhile MS does Surfaces and now sdk ala mac mini… and also windows of course.

Apple with its silicon get the latest piece and that hit the market but people is still noticing it.

It’s offtopic to certain degree since I still believe AS transition hit also NI for its x86 dependency and, aside the effort to port everything into AS, hit M+ development and roadmap.

It’s very important where the core coding and focus are and will be. Luckly tools for these ports and adaptations will be set in place like the links I posted but NI should have been more aware and not being behind innovation which it seems as time goes IMHO.

offtopic end. Just my opinion and why but I don’t want to turn the topic into AS vs x86. If I’m right in the future then time will bring more news like these. I hope NI get the way to keep themselves on the wave…

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro
    edited February 2023
    Options

The company has been owned by investors for a good while now, no overhaul for regular paid updates (See Izotope, same owners) on any of the NI products, and we are in some very very tough times that are going to get tougher.

I would not expect big updates any time soon, if ever, updates are not needed for expansion sales, and those keep the lights on, this is a very different world we now live in.

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 360 Pro
    Options

More and more Maschine and NI are notable for what they don't do rather than what they do do.

Maschine now takes 8 minutes for me to load because they think it's OK to NOT fix the shambles with its opening plugin scan.

Oh, and of course they still haven't touched the absolute farce and travesty that is their devastation of Duplication that used to actually work.

And the point of this survey if they don't do anything about the requests or issues is what exactly?..............

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited February 2023
    Options

And the point of this survey if they don't do anything about the requests or issues is what exactly?..............

Whatever the goal is dont expect it to manifest in a period of 2 months, maybe 6 if we are lucky or a year...

• Space Cat 303
    Space Cat 303 Member Posts: 108 Advisor
    Options

That's kind of why I switched from the Maschine plus to the Akai Force... It's a shame.

I will surely come back to Maschine in addition to the Force later, if my finances allow it and M+ is still evolving...

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro
    Options

If you are in the UK, keep an eye on Ebay, A LOT of retailers have been knocking out M+ at half price etc, I was lucky to get in on the Force at half price just before the new firmware updates, my M+ was just over half price a month or so after release, no idea why it was reduced so heavily that early though?

• Space Cat 303
    Space Cat 303 Member Posts: 108 Advisor
    Options

They thought they were selling you an MK3 :p

I sold my M+ for €730, and bought the Force for €720 (it's 1 year old)

I am in France, unfortunately now there are taxes

Thank you, I will look

• tempsperdu
    Options

D-One

Whatever the goal is dont expect it to manifest in a period of 2 months, maybe 6 if we are lucky or a year..

To be quite honest I doubt I could be more disgusted with the self-parodic travesty NI have become. It's incredibly disheartening and shows almost an unparalleled belligerence towards its users. What poor old Maschine and it's users ever did to be made such a pigs' ear of beggars belief.

We've had years of this and every time we appear to have a glimmer of hope it just goes from bad to worse. They even used to apologise at one point, now it's just a seemingly arrogant stonewall.

I guess they thought pretending that they cared made them think it would do something positive. I wouldn't say it has, but then they are so well practised at such ventures..........

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited February 2023
    Options

My point was only about this particular survey, not the state of things for the past 5-10 years.

To be brutally honest anyone that is that disappointed and still stays, waiting for the next glimmer of hope to hold too just to get disappointed again for the 13th time needs to learn to let go of things and move on. I know it's hard, money and time was spent but still, sometimes moving on is all we can do.

Not trying to be a-hole here, but if we were best friends and you tell me your spouse cheated on you 12 times before and you gave him/her another chance then tough love is all I can give you, because that's what friends do.

• tempsperdu
    Options

Yeah, this is the plan...it's just my workflow is /was so tied to Maschine, the optimist in me wants it to come good, but I guess it isn't ever................

• argyre planitia
    argyre planitia Member Posts: 17 Newcomer
    edited February 2023
    Options

1. LFOs that can be assigned to any VTSs. If technically feasible. Aim: in 2 synths, e.g. open/close the cutoff in opposite directions with an LFO. The LFOs should also be able to run freely and be very slow (for ambient)

2. (Cross)Faders, which work similarly to the LFOs under point 1. Then you can raise the volume of one instrument as you lower another at the same time.

3. Value ranges for controllers. You define the minimum and maximum of the respective controller and can then only change the associated parameter within these limits, no matter how far you move the controller.

4. Freehand drawing an automation curve is a pain. Please include a solution with a start and end point, the software then interpolates the curve in between. Gladly also with several segments.