[Survey] Tell us what you think about MASCHINE

Comments

• caramba
    caramba Member Posts: 15 Member
    edited April 2023

8 audio ins... 16 midi channels... I don't speak about audio interface in the hardware or anything else outside Maschine DAW. I can't use it as a mixer integrated in my DAW and as an instruments controller, with physical controls to avoid any other external soft/hard tools. As standalone it solves only the midi limit (but, often crashes) ans I have to manage and sync a project in two different tools. If the result is to have to use multiple tools, I don't need Maschine. I just hope they will improve it, because it's a cool, not yet finished, thought tool.

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

NI have needed any reason to ignore its users, Soundwide technically have no users, has there even been a Maschine update since they bought the company?

Other than M1 support and VST3, the only software they are updating is Traktor, and Traktor as an entity will be the first one sold off, if they can finally find a buyer that actually stays interested

This is extremely unlikely in Maschine, but much more likely that maybe Jules Storer comes up with something that is maybe a subscription cloud DAW, the range of plugins available across Soundwide is pretty vast.

• caramba
    edited April 2023

When I bought machine, I bought it as an universal controller in mind. I'm not interested in another DAW. There are others DAWs focused companies on the market. Maybe, I was wrong. They should better integrate one of this DAWs in a "Maschine edition" than trying to rebuild the wheel with limited interest in supporting it.

Take for example Plogue Bidule, you can integrate it as a full VST host environment as VST in any DAW. Then from inside Bidule you have access to all your midi hardware and system's virtual connections, not only what comes from the DAW that is hosting the plugin. It's a non-sense to have a VST host limited to 16 midi channels.

With something like that, you will be able to simply save in a single file, notes in your DAW, mixing and instruments in Maschine that offers hardware control. I'm just disappointed to imagine how cool Maschine system could be with a more serious implementation.

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 316 Pro

theonlymj

Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Maschine 2 and move the ScanPluginsApp_x64 file out of there. If you install a new plugin you will need to manually rescan and it will place a new version of this file into the folder again. You would then need to move that as well.

Thanks but surely then if I do a manual scan of when I update or add a plugin, it's going to run through the whole lot which actually takes an hour.

Thing is, it is only NI programs that do this. all other programs can handle the start-up scanning with no problems, so it's hard to believe it's an impossible task..........................

• tempsperdu

1neflame

I would love to make a UX/UI concept.

IMHO not only is this one of the weakest areas of Maschine, it has actually got massively worse over the last couple of years. Considering that speed and ease of use used to be one of the main advantages of using Maschine, it's more than slightly distressing.

It's like tumbleweed central over here these days...is anything actually going on with Maschine at all other than the seemingly very protracted VST3 and GUI adaptations?

Is there any indication or even will to fix the disaster that has been (needlessly) made of the duplication process??

• 1neflame
    1neflame Member Posts: 10 Member

HAAHHa I know but as AI technology is moving, so could NI. They should use AI to benefit in the music industry. I actually mentioned this to NI and they wanted to see a concept, haven't dived in it.

Besides a music producer, i'm a UX/UI Designer too

• Crankyyy
    Crankyyy Member Posts: 1 Member

Please Please Please give us Aftertouch… I‘m not able to play NI Synths in the way they should…

• caramba

We are not able to play any modern synth in the way they should with this looper toy.

• tempsperdu

Not sure the lack of responsiveness from the people behind this survey inspires the greatest of confidence.

It's hard life in the land of 'The Future of Sound' being so busy not developing anything to have time for anything else.....

• expermusic
    expermusic Member Posts: 12 Member

I just took this survey, and was excited until I realized it was all for a "future" Maschine product. So many of those features could be implemented in Maschine+ right now. NI seems like they abandon stuff quickly and replace it rather than build in some longevity. Ableton Push 3 Standalone looks better and better each day.

• Impermanence
    Impermanence Member Posts: 127 Advisor

This!

How is it going NI? It has been a while. You know what we want.

• caramba
    edited August 2023

Because people keep asking same things since 10 years! A modern DAW that can act as a VST plug with its hardware integrated controller! There are enough DAWs on the market to compare. No need for an abandonware survey (at least we have a place for crying). For me, the limited MIDI implementation (routing, etc...), makes it unusable. Now with VST3 there shouldn't be any more limitation for ins/outs.

• caramba

Forget what I said about VST3, we need CLAP...

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,721 mod

I'm hopeful now that Maschine has aftertouch tags that it will get aftertouch too - I just hope it doesn't only work with (the hypothetical) new hardware and they also fix it in the software version and make it backwards compatible.

• FABIAN MERCADO
    FABIAN MERCADO Member Posts: 1 Member

I'd like to be able to pick/set a key for the project which would then show only those keys in piano roll. FL has a similar function. Also more premade chords. A way to move patterns and scenes more freely. Pattern 1 group 1 is a bar but be able to have group2 patterns longer or shorter like clips.

Lastly an mk4 that has touchscreen and xlr/trs io's. Phantom power . Also a Grimy dark boombap Maschine expansion like Griselda, Jedi Mind tricks, Ill Bill, inspired.