[Survey] Tell us what you think about MASCHINE

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 359 Pro
    Options

caramba

...Because people keep asking same things since 10 years! A modern DAW that can act as a VST plug with its hardware integrated controller! There are enough DAWs on the market to compare. No need for an abandonware survey (at least we have a place for crying). For me, the limited MIDI implementation (routing, etc...), makes it unusable. Now with VST3 there shouldn't be any more limitation for ins/outs.

They've been asking for a whole heap of things, most of which have been ignored. Yes, some want Maschine to be a 'DAW' which means what exactly and how 'feasible' is that?

Much better IMHO to work out what Maschine can be that others can't and make the thing actually work. How many decades before Automation actually is?.............................................

• Paul Opp
    Paul Opp Member Posts: 29 Member
    Options

Ok survey completed.

Mixer could use an update. Multi tracking could be useful. Being able to play more than one group at a time for jamming purposes.

Stem separation should be a hot topic as now other DAWS are including that.

• Jiglo
    Jiglo Member Posts: 154 Advisor
    Options

I'd be happy to do an in house survey to be used internally, but after reading the terms, the survey can suck my b....

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,064 mod
    Options

Can you pls explain what exactly in the terms is so bad that you won't do the survey? It would really like to know.

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 220 Pro
    edited November 2023
    Options

Still no update? Half of Q4...

• Jiglo
    Jiglo Member Posts: 154 Advisor
    edited November 2023
    Options

Replying to Uwe303:

That's actually a good point and after reading the privacy notice again, I see that my cookie issue is relatable to the whole site, not to the survey as such.

I just opt out of all cookies wherever possible, especially when I read Google and facebook cookies etc. Like, what is the reason they need them apart from to market shizzle and track my every move online, but after reading again, I see it's a non issue with the survey and my mistake. I take it all back.

• tempsperdu
    Options

LOL, Probably be a case of pitchforks at dawn if they did 😈🤣

• Impermanence
    Impermanence Member Posts: 129 Advisor
    Options

This needs to gather more wind.

@Kaiwan_NI

I told you what I think about Maschine. When is NI telling me?

• Antonio B
    Antonio B Member Posts: 73 Member
    Options

More random and generative functionality should be a top priority. Here are some cool features that many sequencers and ARPs COMMONLY have currently (some for decades) but that Maschine seems to have missed:

1. First of all, a MUST have - RANDOM MODE on the arpeggiator. Seems a very basic function that nearly all synths have on their arpeggiators.
    2. Probability Per Note Functionality In The Sequencer - lay down some notes, add probability % per note, press play, and tada! Great for creating generative music.
    3. Arpeggiator Probability % - For Ex. Set Arp Probability to 80%, play a chord, hear arpeggiated notes randomly playback 80% of the time. Pure magic! This not only creates spece in an arpeggiator but used with different play back modes (/fwd/rev/...) giving unexpected and lovely results.
    4. Unless I'm missing something, 1/1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, etc time resolution per pattern/clip. So let's say you add some eighth notes to an 80bpm pattern. Cut your resolution in half, now those notes play back as quarter notes and the pattern plays back half as fast. This is great for having sequences move at extremely low tempos without changing the BPM.

Thanks for listening!

• solsta
    solsta Member Posts: 102 Helper
    Options

I just want better sample editing capabilities like comping and slicing samples and editing the slices linear style for music vocals. and the ability to pin any plugins would be a massive help. I hate having to jump through groups to see what their plugins are up to.

CPU and RAM usage is always a factor. those are the ones I really feel like would change my quality of life for the better.

• tempsperdu
    Options

solsta

CPU and RAM usage is always a factor. those are the ones I really feel like would change my quality of life for the better.

They are far far worse in Maschine than any other hosts I own or have tried... It's amazing what years and years of neglect can do to enhance usability. We mere users just don't understand how difficult it is to be the Future of Sound when you're using 1990 as your yardstick........................

• solsta
    solsta Member Posts: 102 Helper
    Options

I have an M1 Max and performance Is better than my intel but then I see logic handling WAY better and other DAWs and even some plugins are worse on maschine. I hope it can perform because short of that, I really love the software

• carliii
    carliii Member Posts: 20 Member
    Options

I agree! I love Maschine and all that comes with creating beats, however, I also wish to be able to ad an "audio track" to record vocals. This would be huge!

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,356 Expert
    Options

Please share your ideas in the appropriate categories in this current thread: