[New release] KONTAKT 7 is here

Comments

• Greg Paschak
    Greg Paschak Member Posts: 2 Member

Interesting upgrade for Kontakt. Not so much for Native Access. The handling of 3rd party instruments in Kontakt 7, is in no way intuitive. That being said, I do notice that Kontakt 7 loads the 3rd party instruments markedly quicker than Kontakt 6, and does so from wherever they may be located on various drives. However, it is a pain not having the 3rd party instruments accessible on the initial screen. That would be a helpful feature to add. Change is always difficult, but I am certain that in time, it will become easier to work with. Also, having a discounted initial cost for previous Kontakt users is always appreciated.

• lys_knight
    lys_knight Member Posts: 1 Member

UPGRADE FROM KONTAKT 6 to KONTAKT 7

A - Some icons missing for some libraries in Kontakt 7

B - Sound preview does not work for some libraries in Kontakt 7

C - No icon and no sound preview for Custom Libraries in Kontakt 7

• djapnrcpro
    djapnrcpro Member Posts: 5 Member

Kontakt 7 is a great improvement to the previous generations because of the ability to preview. That will greatly help those who use it standalone. The new library upgrade is welcomed as well.

• Rhvbarb
    Rhvbarb Member Posts: 1 Member

Thoughts on Library v2:

Bass Clarinet has been removed completely. That was a great instrument. Also there is now no Strings patch so no quick sketching, or for those that like to layer it with a piano in pop. That's gone too.

I also don't like the way that the beats have been categorised.

I liked the World category as it was too.

On the plus side, it looks pretty.

I've gone back to version 1 of the library (for now).

• KennyV9
    KennyV9 Member Posts: 16 Member

I like the new browser feature. I actually haven't used Kontakt a lot, I use Komplete Kontrol more. The reason is I like the KK browser. I think the new interface will be good for people that have a lot of Kontakt libraries, helping them find the right right sounds. Even if I know what I want, anything to quicken the search is appreciated, and I think this will help.

• stephen lewis
    stephen lewis Member Posts: 3 Member

No problem downloading k7 and the library but it’s not showing up on reason 12 daw which is extremely annoying any ideas

• abnegative
    abnegative Member Posts: 59 Helper

Kontakt 7 is only available as VST3, but Reason doesn't support VST3 yet.

• Cubase007
    Cubase007 Member Posts: 1 Member

The bundle is awesome! Love the Orchestral Tools library!!👍👍. The only problem that I have is how to adjust the key switches of the articulations. It’s too low and out of range to my 88 keys keyboard. I was looking on the settings and reading the manual but to no avail.

• dbw1
    dbw1 Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited October 2022

I’ve noticed a few new things that might be bugs. This is for Mac in Big Sur:

1) I can’t open quick load anymore by right clicking or in my case 2 finger click w/trackpad. I can open by the menu still.

2) K7 seems to steal Logic’s transport if it’s in the foreground and is selected. I think Komplete Kontrol might also do this now too.

Lots of cool new stuff to explore so overall I like it!

• hhal9000
    hhal9000 Member Posts: 10 Member

Great to have the new Kontact 7 player but will we be gatting a new free komplete Start and Reactor 7 Player any time soon?

• Paul Johnson
    Paul Johnson Member Posts: 1 Member

Well - I upgraded to 14 and didn't even realise the deal included the new Kontakt.

I've got a very fast fibre connection but the delays in the system still mean a long, long download - this sadly is normal - Spitfire downloads, by comparison are much quicker - so much so that you can do a few things while you wait. This one meant going to bed to discover and error had stopped the download.

Once done, the extra sounds I fancied were exactly what I expected. Kontakt started in the new browser view which I instantly hated and until I watched a YouTube video I could not work out how to restore the previous appearance. Nice to click on things and hear the exams files play. I quite like that. No issues with the installation on Windows 10 - all went smoothly and the first few attempts to run it gave me a strange screen display breakup, but this seems now to have gone? No idea. The trouble with the upgrades is that you need to watch the prices. Sometimes it's better to hang on till the price works for you, as it did this time. Loads of stuff I don't want - but that's how these things are. enough to justify the price. I like it.

• fran pino
    fran pino Member Posts: 1 Member

I'm running 550 or so plugins including 50 odd NI products and Kontakt 7 (player) is the only one that doesn't run on my main desktop system. I'm not seeing any major upgrade in sound performance on the desktop I do have it working on. The recommendation from NI support was to purchase a new graphics card. I'd rather spend that money on plugins personally. So, I am underwhelmed, and I suppose I'm now looking at other software houses with more efficient plugins for future purchases. A very rare definite miss for NI imo.

• Rikk Show
    Rikk Show Member Posts: 94 Helper

Can Komplete Kontrol save Kontakt 7 multis now, or is that still a no no like Kontakt 6?

• paparojas6@gmail.com
    paparojas6@gmail.com Member Posts: 1 Member

i like it but i miss the options of a newinstrument.i mean group editing , mapping and script options :)

• sunbambino
    sunbambino Member Posts: 15 Member

It is baffling. No question a whole lotta people are simultaneously wondering about this. NI have slowly improved the Massive X browsing experience (though still no User folders) and I guess they'll sort K7 but meanwhile - in spite of new content - I'm kinda underwhelmed.

This discussion has been closed.