[New release] KONTAKT 7 is here

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,555 admin

For those who didn't pre-order Komplete 14, heads up that Kontakt 7 is now available on our website as a single purchasable product! See more info here.

• Kaiwan_NI

Confirming that Kontakt 7 is not compatible with Maschine+.

• Kaiwan_NI

@soapmak3r @Raikro Scorp The first step is indeed the browser. High-DPI support will be rolled out to more libraries later. The Kontakt team shared a few words about that here.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    edited October 2022

Kontakt 7 and Ozone 10 are VST3 only. VST3 files are installed by default in this location: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 Like all VST3s (not just NI).

• Pekka Rajala
    Pekka Rajala Member Posts: 4 Member

Any chances for linux yet? I can use this with wine, but native version would be appreciated.

• Robdp
    Robdp Member Posts: 4 Member
    edited October 2022

I would upgrade, but I've been told that Kontakt 7 now shows as "Kontakt 7" in Logic and Studio One so it doesn't replace all my instances of Kontakt in sessions I'm working on now.... thats a REAL PITA....

Anyone know how I can get K7 to show up as "Kontakt" and not "Kontakt 7" so that my version 6 will just be replaced and I don't have to go through each session finding sounds again???

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Why do you want it to replace Kontakt 6 in your old session? AFAIK that's not possible and messing with the app name could affect in a bad way your old projects. I would recommend to finish your old tracks using Kontakt 6 and use K7 for your new projects.

• Robdp

Because I'm constantly working on ideas and song starts that aren't finished or for future sessions... I've now got to go into all my sessions, and write down what I was using in V6 before installing V7 because once I install V7, those older sessions will no longer see "Kontakt" and look for "Kontakt 7".

Really backwards thinking to name this version Kontakt 7 and not just Kontakt... that way, it future proofs any older sessions or ideas someone might want to pull up and have everything open again.

• abnegative
    abnegative Member Posts: 59 Helper

" because once I install V7, those older sessions will no longer see "Kontakt" and look for "Kontakt 7""

^There's the misunderstanding.

Kontakt 6 and Kontakt 7 can live side by side. Installing Kontakt 7 is effectively installing a brand new plugin. This means your older sessions will be just fine.

• C418
    C418 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited October 2022

Presumably the fancy LED lights on any komplete hardware are still entirely useless until I use komplete kontrol, right? Bummer.

• Robdp

Ahhhhhh Ok. That was the answer I needed. Thanks so much!!!!

• Octo
    Octo Member Posts: 1 Member

Is Kontakt 7 window resizeable? In Reaper it takes up my entire screen. It is also blurry. Someone mentioned in a post that it was blurry in Fruity Loops and could be fixed in Fruity Loop settings. Is there a similar fix in Reaper?

• sunbambino
    sunbambino Member Posts: 15 Member

Well it's is K6 with a new front end tacked on, as far as I can see.

I do like the new front end, the browsing experience has been hugely boosted. But it's pretty clunky to access 3rd party Files.

My major criticism is that there is apparently still no way to bring Quickload folders through to 7 from 6. Plz someone tell me I'm wrong about this, plz! Hours of work ahead to recreate my vital folders on the new plug. ARRRRGGGGHH.

And yeah, the resizing is a bit of a joke.

Nice try NI.

• abnegative

Hi NI. Please answer these questions:

1) What is the timeline for a HiDPi Quick-Load?

2) Why was the Quick-Load right-click shortcut removed?

3) Was a feature to export Quick-Load tree structure for easy import into Kontakt 7 considered? It should be.

• abnegative

Wow, we commented the same thing at the same time. How is it so obvious to the user but not the creator? Baffling.

This discussion has been closed.