The MASCHINE+ Feedback Thread

Options

Comments

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited February 2022
    Options

IDK what statement you're referring to but yeah, of course, I don't disagree it's basic stuff, at all... there's marketing out for controlling external gear so IMO, it should have Program changes and whatever else is standard for that usage but missing key standard things happens in many, many other areas. If PC is more important than say.. having decent file management (just an example) is very subjective, that's all I'm saying, one user complaint is not more valid than the next guy, each has their personal priorities based on their workflow and needs.

What some new folks don't seem to understand is we, the Maschine users have been complaining about 1000 other things that are also lacking for 10 years... Welcome to the club boys.

TBH I wouldn't dare say what Maschine is or isn't anymore, I am a power-user yet IDK, imagine that... It had a specific target audience back in the day but now I have no idea what crowd they're trying to reach, trying to please everyone is a big mistake and leads to never fully pleasing any crowd and having a bunch of segments of the sw/hw sort of unfished/unpolished... M+ made this worst by splitting the audience, even more, I say this here and privately to the folks in charge but at the end of the day whatever my opinion is, it doesn't matter because it changes nothing.

• TheLoudest
    TheLoudest Member Posts: 110 Advisor
    edited February 2022
    Options

@D-One

Sorry man.. My bad English forces me to go straight to the point in my posts, and sometimes it can be seen as a bit harsh...

It is not my intention.

Actually, you do helped me. With your explanation on the distinction between modulation and automation in the Maschine environment.

Indeed, this is new for me, until now I have mainly known "modulations" via LFOs... Not really via a step mode (which for me was more reserved for "automations" precisely)

But in this case a detail remains confusing.. it's when we use the "auto" button that we end up with the percentages, right? This is probably what disturbed me ("auto" being related to "automations" in my mind...)

By the way the automations work well with internal instruments, and even if there is no visual feedback we can still see the values (the REAL values) with a long press on a pad, so it could be enough for me to automate midi parameters (including Program Change) BUT : why can't I do the same thing with macros? (edit them in step mode) is it normal? I did not manage to do it as I did for the internal instruments ...

I would love to know because if this is not the normal behavior I WILL contact the support.

(like someone said above, sometimes it is hard to tell what is more related to a weird implementation or simply a bug..)

• Space Cat 303
    Space Cat 303 Member Posts: 108 Advisor
    Options

Thank you @D-One for your very interesting explanations.

@TheLoudest , could you explain to me how to see the real value of the automation by keeping the pad pressed please.

• Akira-76
    Akira-76 Member Posts: 40 Helper
    Options

@D-One

As we say in France : c'est avoir le cul entre 2 chaises...

• TheLoudest
    Options

@Space Cat 303

I don't know if I'm the right person for this (given that I discover Maschine's workflow myself) but I'll give it a try... ;-)

actually, you just have to use "Step" mode

hold a step and simply turn the knob corresponding to the parameter you want to change (the dot on the screen indicates that the value is recorded and there is now an automation on that parameter)

you can do this sequencer stopped

but apparently it only works with internal instruments (or effects)

I didn't manage to do it with macros...

try to do this with the parameters of the Sampler for example

it works pretty well I would love it works like that for the macros

as I say above you don't have visual feedback in real time when the sequencer plays but you can check your recorded values by holding the different steps

• Space Cat 303
    Space Cat 303 Member Posts: 108 Advisor
    Options

Thanks to you @TheLoudest

It's very clear, I'll try, thank you

• TheLoudest
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hi guys,

I would like to share with you something that I found (since I continue my discovery of the Maschine environment)

we mentioned here the problem with PC/Bank messages, but in reality there are two sub-problems to this :

1) the fact of not being able to simply automate these changes during a song

and

2) (maybe even worse in my opinion)

the fact of not being able to save the various settings WITHIN the project

and therefore having to redo the operation each time, on each synth, drummachine, step sequencer etc. of our setup

Each time we load the project again :-/

For the 2nd part of the problem I may have found a solution...

Lock states!

(or more exactly the "external lock" function, SHIFT+LOCK)

we can easily save an unlimited number of settings and... the macros states are also saved! 🙌🙏

we can switch from one lockstate to another by pressing the pads, and the macros values are sent each time! (ideal for recovering all our settings for the verse, chorus etc.)

If it can help anyone...(I am well aware that this solution concerns more studio work (composition, production) and does not solve the problem of playing the whole project live (the sub-problem "1)" that I mentioned above remains intact...)

• Julian
    Julian Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Dear .NI

Please add Bluetooth ldac

I have m+ already bought powerbank and Bluetooth speaker it will be nice to add support for it .

And it good to have bower bank and speaker non built in and i can use devices with other variations

Yeah some vocal plugins it will be nice to have

And i truly wish that slate digital and ni collab and i can use slate digital plugins on my m+ and it will no need for pc

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,356 Expert
    Options

Bluetooth headphones or speakers will introduce considerable amount of additional latency and are therefore a less desirable solution. If they are supported, users will complain about it, for sure.

• Julian
    Julian Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Aptx low latency ?

Gamers have Bluetooth headset with low latency .

And how i understand m+ 1.4 appears for less than 3 days ?

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,114 admin
    Options

Thanks for the feedback D!

Curious, what do you mean by "M+ made this worst by splitting the audience, even more" ?

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 607 Guru
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hey, sorry to nag about this but you said you are trying to get us info regarding the 1.4 by weekend. Do you reckon you'll still have time to do so? The weekend is almost upon us..

thanks!

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,114 admin
    Options

Here - I shared the status we have so far for the next version of both Maschine 2 and Maschine+: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/768/coming-up-next-for-maschine-and-maschine/

This discussion has been closed.